Delivery delays

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
My car is also at the dealer since Friday. Today I also mailed him to see if they had some news about the missing tpms because I saw some people on the forum got confirmation that their tpms was being sent to their dealer. Unfortunately the answer from my dealer was that to their great frustration they had zero news from Porsche ??
Do we have the same dealer ? ??
Sponsored

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
That’s possible. Porsche center paal ?
Latest email from my dealer (75% refers to my earlier question to him on his expectations of delivery this month). Not sure how he can say that he is 75% certain when he has no idea where the car is currently !!!! -
I would say 75%.

We are confident it will be here this month. Basing info on tracker is irrelevant at the moment. If it is due this month- I would reckon the car is at either Emden or Grimsby.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I wonder how they decide where to ship the missing TPM and other parts when they get a limited quantity in. Do they use FIFO method for cars completed or is Europe first as they can send the chips to the dealers there faster or the cars sitting at the factory or Emden.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I wonder how they decide where to ship the missing TPM and other parts when they get a limited quantity in. Do they use FIFO method for cars completed or is Europe first as they can send the chips to the dealers there faster or the cars sitting at the factory or Emden.
Same questions in my head for a couple,of weeks.
btw, i made a decision. If i’m not getting a car by the end of next week, i’ll cancel the contract.
And I’m not sure if i’ll go with MY22 at all.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Probably depends on where they are sourced from, and where they "get in". I would imagine pre-existing stockpile locations exist worldwide for vehicles that need repairs or replacements and they likely ship them to multiple locations in the world.

How they prioritize things remains a mystery. VW has seemed to prioritize Audi and Porsche since these are higher margin cars. You wonder if your Turbo or Turbo S models that come with very high profit margins get their parts first, and then you get things worked down the line.

Other things to consider labor costs for install after the car has been built? It's probably way cheaper to install during manufacturing so they might throw them in cars currently being build vs those waiting. It also likely costs less to install the TPM in some markets than other's. Actual shipping and import logistics could matter. Maybe they operate on a system of fairness of first waiting first served. Who knows!

Reactions: B61

Chubbs85240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Discovery
Country flag
So just got another negative update. Ordered late December, been delayed from April -June-July-August to Mid Sept and now it’s late October.

supposedly it’s built, but waiting on semiconductors.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
So just got another negative update. Ordered late December, been delayed from April -June-July-August to Mid Sept and now it’s late October.

These delays appear to be random? Its either that or certain markets are prioritized? I ordered in July and I’m still slated for a later November / early December delivery with a build allocation for October. Dealer even told me they just had more fulfilled orders on route to their lot right now.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
My dealer encouraged me to order another CT4S (MY22) as my order keeps being delayed (produced but waiting for parts). Both are due in November, the first one was ordered in April, the other one TODAY.

That’s what I did… who knows the MY22 might be delivered before the MY21… that wouldn’t make much sense unless missing parts go first to production assembly lines.

Gerry V

First Name
gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5 Sportback
Country flag

So that’s almost 1 year after ordering ? That is a nice perspective ?

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Car is in Jacksonville waiting on TPMS, and my TYD just updated to October 1. It used to just say “—“

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Car is in Jacksonville waiting on TPMS, and my TYD just updated to October 1. It used to just say “—“
That sucks! Mine there also since late July. Hope they don't take parts from mine to add to yours! That C8 Corvette looking better all the time.
Sponsored