First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apparently mine is still at the port per salesman:

What I can tell you is the car is done at the port processing and is getting ready to head to the PEC. At that point, it will just be re-checked and I believe they will contact you to schedule. The only thing that has to be taken care of after delivery is the second key being given to you and programmed once available (will be taken care of by Porsche) and there is just one more thing the PEC will install chip-wise before reaching out to you, but it has moved up in the process and is going to be leaving the port soon, so it's moving along now.

Jesus! I think it was stolen! What a clusterfk.
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Apparently mine is still at the port per salesman:

What I can tell you is the car is done at the port processing and is getting ready to head to the PEC. At that point, it will just be re-checked and I believe they will contact you to schedule. The only thing that has to be taken care of after delivery is the second key being given to you and programmed once available (will be taken care of by Porsche) and there is just one more thing the PEC will install chip-wise before reaching out to you, but it has moved up in the process and is going to be leaving the port soon, so it's moving along now.

Jesus! I think it was stolen! What a clusterfk.
Sounds like progress and hope it is all correct.

Amazing how two salesman can give different answers. My car is in the port with yours and my salesman says he will get no additional information until the car is on the truck for transport to the dealership. So how would yours get this other information if the port does not give out information until the car is on the truck.

Sounds like the open campaigns on your car are the same as mine, but my salesman said the TPM would be installed at the port. The other items would be dealt with at the dealership and probably after the sale.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally after 8 months I got a call from the dealer that next week on Friday I can collect my car ? My tpms module will arrive end this week. He told me that Porsche was following the fifo principle. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting ??
Glad to hear they are using FIFO. When was your car produced/due?

Sounds like the dealers install in Europe and the port installs in the US.

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Finally after 8 months I got a call from the dealer that next week on Friday I can collect my car ? My tpms module will arrive end this week. He told me that Porsche was following the fifo principle. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting ??
I also got the call from my dealer yesterday 9m after paying my deposit - picking it up early next week. Mines complete other than the spare key.

Hope everyone else gets their’s as soon as possible.

Gerry V

First Name
gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5 Sportback
Country flag

Here in Belgium we don’t have some tool to follow all the steps in production line like ptyd. I ordered mine the 1st of February, it was finished in week 2 of July, arrived at the dealer without tpms on the 3th September and finally end next week on my driveway ?

Reactions: B61

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag

This is varying from what I'm being told. There's two cars sitting at the dealership I ordered from with no TPM units.

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
CT 4 with all sorts of options with those precious semiconductor chips - HUD, InnoDrive, rear AC screen, PDLS lights etc. Ordered late March, with estimated completion mid-August.

Production started July 30th, with estimated production time of 4 weeks at that point. So +2 weeks to estimate at order time when entering body shop. Then it has stalled apparently for them chips for another +2 weeks, with ominously blank completion estimate times.

But the latest is that the car is completed now and in transit to dealership over here. Unless the courier or dealership messes something extra up, I'm looking at a 4 week delay to the estimate provided when I ordered in March. Though the wait has not been pleasant, I guess it could have been worse.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is varying from what I'm being told. There's two cars sitting at the dealership I ordered from with no TPM units.
Guess my dealer is blowing smoke up my you know what then. He claims they cannot take delivery till it gets the TPM at the port.

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Guess my dealer is blowing smoke up my you know what then. He claims they cannot take delivery till it gets the TPM at the port.
That’s what my dealer has been telling me. My car is supposed to arrive at the dealership on 9/24 according to TYD. My guess is this will soon be updated to November.

Last edited:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s what my dealer has been telling me. My car is supposed to arrive at the dealership on 9/24 according to TYD. My guess is this will be soon updated to November.
Same as mine.
Porsche Taycan Delivery delays TYD Due Date

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I called several dealers in france to get an average estimated delivery date for a CT4S ordered today.

All dealers had 3 types of allocations with approximately same dates for production :
- allocations to be configurated and not yet registered in Porsche's system => production in december/January
- allocations to be modified and already registered in Porsche's system => production in October/november
- allocations with frozen configurations => production in september/october

In France we add 1 to 2 weeks for delivery to dealer.

Last edited:

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Same as mine.
TYD Due Date.jpg
St Pete? I’m dealing with Reeves in Tampa. I haven’t seen any Taycans in the wild here, but I did test drive one at Reeves which got this whole thing started. No other car I test drove was as much fun as the Taycan.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
St Pete? I’m dealing with Reeves in Tampa. I haven’t seen any Taycans in the wild here, but I did test drive one at Reeves which got this whole thing started. No other car I test drove was as much fun as the Taycan.
I bought mine through Bert Smith. Reeves wanted a higher non-refundable deposit and did not really seek my business or even follow up when I went there. "They should not judge a book by its cover."

I went to look at one at Bert Smith and a few days later the salesman was texting me that he could let me take over one of their allocations that was freezing pretty soon and would be here in August and I put a deal together with them.

I saw a Taycan on Bearss and Florida on Thursday and that is it. Reeves had 3 in the showroom (one a sold car) and two others. I test drove a 4S at Bert Smith.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally got an email from Porsche:
Congratulations, your new all-electric Taycan 4S has been loaded onto a transport truck and has started the final stretch of its journey to your Porsche dealership. Your dealer may need some time to prepare your vehicle for its big reveal.

Please be patient while final steps take place to ensure the perfect delivery and operation of your vehicle.

Please contact your authorized Porsche dealer to schedule a delivery date and finalize the paperwork for your new Taycan 4S.

Shortly, you will also receive an invitation to add your Taycan to your Porsche ID account and activate the complimentary inclusive periods for Porsche Connect and Porsche Charging Service. These will allow you to take advantage of the most advanced features of your Taycan.

So I expect to have it by end of September latest.
Sponsored