Delivery Delays

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Hi Folks

First post, nice to be here, just wish it could be with more positive news!

Just chiming in with my experience so far - have ordered a Taycan Turbo in early November from East London. However I'm still awaiting a factory allocation, despite being assured two months ago I was "number one on the waiting list".

PEC Silverstone were in touch between time, and the wife and I have had our track and skid pan fun...

However comms from the dealer have gone extremely quiet, no response to email requesting an update....very odd behaviour.

I literally have no idea if I'll get an allocation this side of summer, let alone get a car this year. Ho hum
I think you are looking at Q4 I.e. next November
Sponsored

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi Folks

First post, nice to be here, just wish it could be with more positive news!

Just chiming in with my experience so far - have ordered a Taycan Turbo in early November from East London. However I'm still awaiting a factory allocation, despite being assured two months ago I was "number one on the waiting list".

PEC Silverstone were in touch between time, and the wife and I have had our track and skid pan fun...

However comms from the dealer have gone extremely quiet, no response to email requesting an update....very odd behaviour.

I literally have no idea if I'll get an allocation this side of summer, let alone get a car this year. Ho hum
Put a deposit down on a Turbo S in Nov21 with it expected at that point in May 2022. Ukraine obviously scuppered that and the latest is "possibly up to 6 months but hopefully sooner...but who knows?"

I'm also no.1 in the queue now (having been 2nd when the deposit was placed)

I think there's every chance that it's pretty much the full year wait I'll have.

acbennett

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes A-Class
Country flag
Spoke to my local dealer Porsche (Sheffield) and it would appear that I am 5th in a queue of 8 for my Porsche Taycan CT4. They have just received an allocation of 3 cars for production in Sep/Oct. Therefore I am hoping that in the next allocation I will finally get a build slot. I believe allocations are given to dealers every 3 months?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Spoke to my local dealer Porsche (Sheffield) and it would appear that I am 5th in a queue of 8 for my Porsche Taycan CT4. They have just received an allocation of 3 cars for production in Sep/Oct. Therefore I am hoping that in the next allocation I will finally get a build slot. I believe allocations are given to dealers every 3 months?
You are correct in that they normally get 3 months at a time but I think they have recently been given allocations for the rest of this year

acbennett

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes A-Class
Country flag
You are correct in that they normally get 3 months at a time but I think they have recently been given allocations for the rest of this year
I really hope your wrong. Would the dealership not be obliged to pass this information on? I was hoping to hear some positive news in August or September.

Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
My local UK Porsche dealer emailed this message when I asked for an update last week....

At the moment we are awaiting for the allocations for Macan and Taycan. Usually Porsche will give allocations of 3 months at a time but due to the severe disruption of wiring harness coming from suppliers in the Ukraine, the production stopped for 2-3 months and now has a back log.

What Porsche are now doing is looking to give allocations for the remainder of the year in one hit so that all centres can see their year ahead.

So it may be different in other countries but looks like UK allocations will be for the whole year. Although my dealer hadn't been told what their allocation was at all just yet and I'm number 3 in the queue for a ST4S.

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4, VW T6, Turbo S CT, Cayenne Hybrid (due)
Country flag
Agreed, I heard this too, Porsche was meant to give all allocations for this year so the dealers can manage expectations for the rest of this year. Although, as they said, that's only any good if they deliver on the promises they have made for the ahead of time allocations they have given!

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Agreed, I heard this too, Porsche was meant to give all allocations for this year so the dealers can manage expectations for the rest of this year. Although, as they said, that's only any good if they deliver on the promises they have made for the ahead of time allocations they have given!
Ive asked this question and await a response. My January order of a GTS ST went from August - October - Jan 2023. Would be good to firm this up.

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My local UK Porsche dealer emailed this message when I asked for an update last week....

At the moment we are awaiting for the allocations for Macan and Taycan. Usually Porsche will give allocations of 3 months at a time but due to the severe disruption of wiring harness coming from suppliers in the Ukraine, the production stopped for 2-3 months and now has a back log.

What Porsche are now doing is looking to give allocations for the remainder of the year in one hit so that all centres can see their year ahead.

So it may be different in other countries but looks like UK allocations will be for the whole year. Although my dealer hadn't been told what their allocation was at all just yet and I'm number 3 in the queue for a ST4S.
Strange message from your dealer. Production didn't stop for more than a couple of weeks. Can't remember exact dates but sure it was around 10th March production was halted, at which time my car was not in production, by 20th April my car was built and out of the factory, so certainly not a 2-3month halt.

acbennett

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes A-Class
Country flag
Ive asked this question and await a response. My January order of a GTS ST went from August - October - Jan 2023. Would be good to firm this up.
Ditto, I have punted a question back to the dealer. Would just like to know one way or the other.

mas_gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
I can confirm this too. Dealership getting allocations for the rest of this year - so q3 and q4 builds in the coming weeks.

The have already received this for some product lines; Cayenne for example but nothing for Taycan yet.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Strange message from your dealer. Production didn't stop for more than a couple of weeks. Can't remember exact dates but sure it was around 10th March production was halted, at which time my car was not in production, by 20th April my car was built and out of the factory, so certainly not a 2-3month halt.
Production didn't stop completely for too long but it's been reduced due to the lack of equipment available.

Yours must've landed as one of the cars slated for production which caught the point of reopening. Others haven't been so lucky.

There's absolutely a delay in the output due to reduced productivity.

ananas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Taycan Sport Turismo RWD
April order
Estimated delivery September

Called my dealership yesterday. No Taycan allocations or updates at all.

acbennett

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes A-Class
Country flag
Okay, so i asked the dealer the following question: -

Was the allocation received by Porsche (Sheffield) for the remainder of the year?

The response I received was: -

No, we should receive further allocations later this year.

I guess this can be interpreted many ways :-(

Last edited:

Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
So last Friday I receive an email offering me my UK Porsche Driving experience and today I receive an email from my dealership confirming they have received their Taycan allocations through to the end of the year!

So deposit paid March and ST 4S build confirmed for November, so assuming delivery by January. Looks like allocations are coming through now and hopefully everyone will hear good news soon who's sat tight waiting in anticipation.
Sponsored