4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I am about to pull the trigger on a Cross Turismo with a 2.5% discount at a SoCal dealer. Should I take it or can I do better than that. If you think I can do better, any suggestions as to dealer? thanks much
A dealer offered me 2% in SoCal and for a while I assumed it was bonafide offer, and I got it in writing. Then when I placed my order I asked the SA to reconfirm the discount and he said "$1500 will be in the form of a rebate." Then I realized he is counting the State of CA EV credit as part of the discount offered. I am now trying to find a more honest dealership.

I'd clarify this if you move any further with your dealer. Good luck.
Sponsored

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Placed my order this week. Paying MSRP for a custom build from a dealership with zero Taycans in stock. Very few within several hundred miles of me and none with my specs.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Placed my order this week. Paying MSRP for a custom build from a dealership with zero Taycans in stock. Very few within several hundred miles of me and none with my specs.
After discovering that the offer made by a San Diego dealership was disingenuous (see my post above yours), I approached another and received 2% off MSRP for a custom build car that will arrive by year end. Not a huge discount, but justifies more options.

I feel that dealerships are entitled to a "fair profit," and if California dealerships can offer 2% then virtually all can, unless they are greedy, have more ambitious margin goals, or just don't run as efficient an operation. The only thing in California that is relatively cheap is avocados.

Buyers should seek a discount even when there are no cars on the lot. The dealership won't lose money on the deal.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Just a little 1% off MSRP, in Manhattan. I spoke to a few dealers on the East Coast. The max was like 3% with later build slot dates.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got 9% off my 2021 4S. It was my 8th Porsche in the last 8 years from the same dealer.
curious what you do with 8 cars across 8 years? how many do you still possess?

EarlOfCarrick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got 2.5% off of my custom 4S just by asking. (Ordered in November, delivered in May) I tried to get more, but was unsuccessful. I was pleased with 2.5% on a custom build.

This was my first car from this dealership, and they're about 2 hours drive away. The dealer closest to our home was a complete nightmare when we got my wife's Panamera three years ago. I vowed to never ever ever ever work with them.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A dealer offered me 2% in SoCal and for a while I assumed it was bonafide offer, and I got it in writing. Then when I placed my order I asked the SA to reconfirm the discount and he said "$1500 will be in the form of a rebate." Then I realized he is counting the State of CA EV credit as part of the discount offered. I am now trying to find a more honest dealership.

I'd clarify this if you move any further with your dealer. Good luck.
CA pricing is very tight right now - most are at MSRP, try looking out of state if you're okay with that.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Paying MSRP (well actually MRSP minus $1k) on my custom order. Not a single dealer in my area or the rest of Texas had a CT4, and even their Taycan stock is pretty grim. I've heard of a few charging a markup. I lucked into a 2022 CT4 dealer allocation that was just about to Freeze. I didn't even ask for a discount, he was up front and said the best he can offer is MSRP minus 1k for being a returning Porsche customer. I'm sure he was also happy as my build was more costly than the one the dealership was going to submit.

Either way I don't care. Just happy to have lucked into a build that will be arriving (hopefully) in a few months.

ktvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2022
Country flag
When do you guys usually negotiate the price? Before or after deposit? Before or after lock in date?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
When do you guys usually negotiate the price? Before or after deposit? Before or after lock in date?
The negotiation should decide if they get your business or not. If you place a deposit, they have your business. In short, negotiations/terms should be set before any exchange of funds. To "set", would require that it's in writing that would pass scrutiny.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Since I wanted a 2022 Taycan GTS I was not able to get a discount from MSRP in the Dallas area. One dealer insisted on a $10,000 premium for the GTS. Obviously passed on that dealership.
Deposit on my custom build was $2500 for March allocation and May 22 delivery (hopefully). Price for the GTS is MSRP.
Sponsored