Gunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E63S
Country flag
Most dealers I have spoken to on the west coast are not offering discounts on any cars and marking up the MF on leases to the max 0.0032
Sponsored

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 2021 4S two days ago. I live in Western Canada. The dealer in my city was so apathetic the salesman basically Googled "Porsche" and then showed me his screen. No negotiation & no "pitch" either. It was a very odd way to purchase a car.

In the end, I walked away from my local dealer quite disappointed. I did my own leg-work and purchased a 2021 4S from Toronto, about 2500km away. It was extremely close to what I wanted for a custom build, and the supply of Taycans was / is drying up here quickly. Models are being snapped up and supply is dwindling.

I didn't mind paying MSRP, the salespeople in Toronto were extremely pleasant and I got a great deal in shipping, didn't cost much to put it in a professional covered truck and in less than a week it was at my door. They gave me a 50% discount on the shipping, so you just gotta shrug at these things.

Like it was said earlier, supply & demand. Plus, in my area, many of the major brands (Chev / GM, Toyota, even Porsche) are all owned by the same conglomerate so the salespeople DON'T get commission or perks. It's a 9-5 hour$ job like the Costco. Explains the disinterest.

I feel quite lucky I was able to get my "almost" dream car so quickly. At the end of the day, it's just a great automobile and I drive around with a smile and a laugh all day. It's such a blast.

All the best to those of you who have ordered. Hope Porsche can keep churning these beauties out. :)

Porsche Taycan Discount on custom build SON02221

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
My dealer just laughed when I asked for discount. ?
I don’t blame them to be fair, they can’t make enough of them to meet demand as it is, so I wouldn’t be offering discount if it were my business
Mine comes October, can’t wait, spend far too much time looking at videos and pictures and on here seeing what the latest views are.

misterfring

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
I got 7% on a moderately optioned base. But I pushed that because that’s how much the dealer gave me on my Cayenne a few years ago.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I just remembered, they also asked to see my credit score before they would place the order, which I just showed them from Mint. The alternative was for them to run it, but I was in their office when this happened so I just pulled out my phone.

TNG

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I got 7% off a custom build, but I'm a bit of a psychopath when it comes to negotiating with car dealers. Admittedly, I went to more than a few dealers before I found someone willing to play, and most of the dealers I went to we're very priggish. “Oh, no we don't offer discounts. These are Porsches!”, was a common refrain that echoed my steps as I exited the dealer.
I got 7% off a custom build, but I'm a bit of a psychopath when it comes to negotiating with car dealers. Admittedly, I went to more than a few dealers before I found someone willing to play, and most of the dealers I went to we're very priggish. “Oh, no we don't offer discounts. These are Porsches!”, was a common refrain that echoed my steps as I exited the dealer.
oh, I'm also in the Bay Area looking to custom order.

How long ago was your deal? and also was it on a much more optioned car?

do you mind sharing which dealer or sales person you worked with? Trying to get a base + a few minor options.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
There are a lot of dealers in the Bay Area so I'd suggest to email around to get an idea of who's willing to play ball. The dealers that do more volume and have more allocations seem to be more willing to discount. I ordered back in April, I'm guessing things have tightened up since then. I can recommend Walnut Creek as straightforward / easy to work with.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
oh, I'm also in the Bay Area looking to custom order.

How long ago was your deal? and also was it on a much more optioned car?

do you mind sharing which dealer or sales person you worked with? Trying to get a base + a few minor options.
After reaching our to a plethora of dealers, including Marin Porsche, just 20 minutes from where I live, I bought my Taycan at Burlingame Porsche. Initially, I negotiated a 5% discount, though I believe that they would have gone to 6% at the drop of a hat. I got another 2% discount after my car was delayed by 3 months. FYI: I did order my car last December and the climate for buying cars has changed considerably since then, as I'm sure you're aware.

Nevertheless, I suggest you talk directly with Craig Mucci, the VP or Sal Martin, the sales manager, both are great no BS gentlemen who'll treat you with respect and integrity. Cut to the chase and don't deal with an incentivized sales guy as they have zero interest in saving you money. That said, Sal did turn me over to a sles guy who was ultimately very helpful and communicative and my experience at Burlingame Porsche was superlative.

Last edited:
OP
OP

n4ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
After reaching our to a plethora of dealers, including Marin Porsche, just 20 minutes from where I live, I bought my Taycan at Burlingame Porsche. Initially, I negotiated a 5% discount, though I believe that they would have gone to 6% at the drop of a hat. I got another 2% discount after my car was delayed by 3 months. FYI: I did order my car last December and the climate for buying cars has changed considerably since then, as I'm sure you're aware.

Nevertheless, I suggest you talk directly with Craig Mucci, the VP or Sal Martin, the sales manager, both are great no BS gentlemen who'll treat you with respect and integrity. Cut to the chase and don't deal with an incentivized sales guy as they have zero interest in saving you money. That said, Sal did turn me over to a sles guy who was ultimately very helpful and communicative and my experience at Burlingame Porsche was superlative.
What a coincidence you mention Porsche Burlingame. I was on the phone with them today ready to pull the trigger on a Neptune Blue they had on the lot and they said they wouldn't do the deal because I was out of state. I have never heard of a dealer not wanting to do business with an out of state resident. Their reasoning was low inventory wanted to keep it local and would only do the deal if it was all cash.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
3% on a 2021 ct4. I ordered two weeks ago delivery in September

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
What a coincidence you mention Porsche Burlingame. I was on the phone with them today ready to pull the trigger on a Neptune Blue they had on the lot and they said they wouldn't do the deal because I was out of state. I have never heard of a dealer not wanting to do business with an out of state resident. Their reasoning was low inventory wanted to keep it local and would only do the deal if it was all cash.
It's very difficult to buy from out of state. It has to be a dealer that wants to make the deal.
I believe it has something to do with the registration process. Leases from out of state are almost impossible

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
4k off a custom 118k build 4S. I was able to get up to 2k with delivery on a 99k RWD model back in late April.
Sponsored