Do you have the pano roof? Comments on how much you like it below

• Total voters

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I am interested in how many have the pano roof in the UK. Apparently “most people want it” but some threads from hotter countries suggest that it may be unpleasant in hot sunny weather.

I am not sure whether to spec it, mainly for resale in 3-4 years. I know that some on here will tell me that I won’t be able to give the car away if I don’t have it!

It would be helpful to comment how you got on in the hot weather we had in June. Did you wish they had put a blind in? Do your rear seat passengers complain about the sun? Do you get it in your eyes through the roof or do you feel the heat through it?

I see little value in having it for me, but am considering it as if most cars really have it then future sale could be difficult.

Thanks
Sponsored

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am Norway. Similar weather i would presume. I have the pano roof.

I think the car looks better with the metal roof.

from the drivers position, i neither see or think about the fact that i have the pano roof. I never look up when driving the car (go figure)

the kids in the back get a much more roomy car with the panoroof. The windows sit high, so they dont have that much visibility out the sides.

I have never understood the «hot weather» argument. The 6345 engineers at porsche knows what they are doing. They have designed this car for all climates. The roof is cleverly tinted. Perhaps i could see it in insane hot climates. But then, shit is gonna be pretty hot regardless. Somwhere in the project folder of the taycan design studie, there is a value on how much battery percantage you loose with the glass roof in hot climates vs the metal roof. I am gonna be bold and guess that its tiny.

roof bars.. i have the pano roof since its the only way of getting a box on top (thank you Tesla for starting that trend..)

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Have it because it was on the car (I bought car from the dealer floor).

If I had chosen myself I would have gotten it too. Reason: mandatory for roof bars and box if ever required.

As I always sit in the front I haven’t ever seen it actually. ?

Reactions: B61

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I buy for me not resale, I maybe have weird taste but I'd rather not live with a spec I don't particularly like because of re-sale value.
IMO the car looks much better with the roof painted the nice colour I have chosen. My car will only have rear seat passengers rarely and I see no benefit for the front seat passengers in the pano roof so I have not chosen the pano roof.

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have the pano roof.

Not much to add to what others have already written other than to say:

I spend a fair amount of time in Las Vegas where it hits over 110 degrees on the regular and have experienced no heat problems whatsoever.

I can't imagine a situation where anyone would be riding in my back seat so can't comment on that angle, but most of my front seat passengers have mentioned how much they enjoy having the transparent roof.

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
I am Norway. Similar weather i would presume. I have the pano roof.

I think the car looks better with the metal roof.

from the drivers position, i neither see or think about the fact that i have the pano roof. I never look up when driving the car (go figure)

the kids in the back get a much more roomy car with the panoroof. The windows sit high, so they dont have that much visibility out the sides.

I have never understood the «hot weather» argument. The 6345 engineers at porsche knows what they are doing. They have designed this car for all climates. The roof is cleverly tinted. Perhaps i could see it in insane hot climates. But then, shit is gonna be pretty hot regardless. Somwhere in the project folder of the taycan design studie, there is a value on how much battery percantage you loose with the glass roof in hot climates vs the metal roof. I am gonna be bold and guess that its tiny.

roof bars.. i have the pano roof since its the only way of getting a box on top (thank you Tesla for starting that trend..)
I live in Phoenix, definitely a minus to have a panoramic roof being a 2 person household. It has to do with radiant heat from above for me, the looks, the pano roof adds weight as well, and its already bright as heck outside. If anything, I want reprieve from the sunlight.

I realize this isn't the norm for places that have those weird fluffy things in the sky that block out the sun.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm in California and I'm amazed on how cool the car is despite the full pano roof. There's some serious technology embedded in the glass that keeps the heat from radiating into the interior of the car. I love it!

On a recent road trip to LA, California's Central Valley was cooking at about 110 degrees. I had the temp set at 72, but my wife complained it was too cold and changed her side to 74. The pano roof is that cool, both literally and figuratively.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Pano roof is a part of the Premium Package so you're going to get a lot of "yes" answers. If it only was a standalone option, I think it would be more split.

Personally, I would've opt'd not to have the pano roof because the roof line looks much better without it IMO. It does make the interior feel more bright and spacious, but that's not a priority for me.

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would echo most people's comments that, yes I have the pano roof because it came with the premium package. Yes, in the driver's seat you never notice it. Yes, it's probably more important for rear seat passengers, and yes I think the car looks much better with painted roof. If I was configuring the car again I would have no issue omitting it.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
I live on the east side of the SF Bay where it is full sun almost every day in the summer and can get to be over 40C. Excessive heat (although I do have the thermal glass) and sunlight have not been a problem so far, 2 months in.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I like it pretty well. I did get a small chip in the glass, but not in the part you see inside the car. It is shallow. Kinda annoying.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I like it pretty well. I did get a small chip in the glass, but not in the part you see inside the car. It is shallow. Kinda annoying.
Try to fix it before it starts cracking

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am interested in how many have the pano roof in the UK. Apparently “most people want it” but some threads from hotter countries suggest that it may be unpleasant in hot sunny weather.

I am not sure whether to spec it, mainly for resale in 3-4 years. I know that some on here will tell me that I won’t be able to give the car away if I don’t have it!

It would be helpful to comment how you got on in the hot weather we had in June. Did you wish they had put a blind in? Do your rear seat passengers complain about the sun? Do you get it in your eyes through the roof or do you feel the heat through it?

I see little value in having it for me, but am considering it as if most cars really have it then future sale could be difficult.

Thanks
I have it.

Creates a bright airy feel to the interior of the car (I have black / crayon). On black interiors I think it would be claustrophobic without it given the sloping roofline and small windows. Also provides additional rear headroom.

I think most folk in UK would expect the pano roof but may not expect that that it doesn't open.

Personally, I wouldn't have a car that didn't have the glass roof.

Sun shouldn't be an issue in our climbs - glass is thermally insulated and UV protected.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Would echo most people's comments that, yes I have the pano roof because it came with the premium package. Yes, in the driver's seat you never notice it. Yes, it's probably more important for rear seat passengers, and yes I think the car looks much better with painted roof. If I was configuring the car again I would have no issue omitting it.
I second this.
I took it, but I'd skip it if I'd place an order today.
Not because of the heat, but the car looks better with colored roof if you have bright car.
Sponsored