Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car?

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
They are heavy, been there with 19” in my E coupe, you won’t be happy with some nice rubbing lines on your door panels or roof lining. I rather spend $100 on getting them home, asking the garage to ship them or bring them In a combo.
the other thing is changing wheels, you don’t want them to ruin your wheels with an air impact wrench rattling and scuffing the paint of. You want a guy who takes his time doing it by hand.
8k€ summer wheels ruined by scufmarks makes you cry.
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My Porsche service dealer on Long Island picks up my tires at home, I bring the car in, they swap the tires then deliver them back to my house. That's the way it should be done.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
You’re storing the tires at your house, the car is at your house, why wouldn’t you just change the tires yourself? It is shockingly easy. I did it for the first time this year.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
It seems that several posters missed the "fly and drive back new car" aspect of the question, through the Rockies in the dead of winter. Anyway, moot point - I'll take my chances with the all-seasons.

And if I interpret @Skier's comment correctly, it's _tires_ - not just a simple wheel swap. I'd imagine mounting a 30-profile tire at home takes more than a Harbor Freight special.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
A set of four 20” tires mounted to wheels fits inside a CT.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Jeez you guys are brave.

What about the 21's with summer tyres coming off to make way for the winters on 20's, or do they bungee cord to the roof OK? 😂

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
What about the 21's with summer tyres coming off to make way for the winters on 20's, or do they bungee cord to the roof OK? 😂
Depends; does the car have roof rails? If not, you'd have to hook up the bungee cords to the grab handles (inside, above the rear doors). Don't forget to close the windows real tight, to minimize wind noise.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Depends; does the car have roof rails? If not, you'd have to hook up the bungee cords to the grab handles (inside, above the rear doors). Don't forget to close the windows real tight, to minimize wind noise.
Honestly I have no idea how that roof cracked...in four places!

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
My dealer will drop them at home for free, when “en route” :clap:

C17r15

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS ST
Country flag
For posterity sake, you can fit 4 wheels in a CT / ST including a child safety seat with plenty of room to spare.

No need to fold down rear seats, just have to remove the compartment cover.
  • 2 fronts stacked in the trunk (for reference, below are 275/35/21s)
  • 2 rears standing in the rear seat (315/30/21s)
Porsche Taycan Does the winter wheel/tire set fit inside the car? IMG_0970

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
anyone else can confirm that a 20" wheel set with tires will fit into the limousine(=sedan) and may have a pic?
checked with a ruler and it will be very tight. One wheel in the trunk should fit without folding the rear backrests? Then the wider wheels should fit standing upwards in parallel on the backseats? the same way the last one on the passenger seat?

Last edited:

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I fit a set of 20” winters in a CT with no problem. I didn’t even have to fuss to find the perfect jigsaw solution.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
anyone else can confirm that a 20" wheel set with tires will fit into the limousine and may have a pic?
checked with a ruler and it will be very tight. One wheel in the trunk should fit without folding the rear backrests? Then the wider wheels should fit standing upwards in parallel on the backseats? the same way the last one on the passenger seat?
By limousine you mean sedan (non CT/ST)? Do you have roof rails you could use? Porsche bike rack on the back?
Sponsored

Last edited: