"Electric Cars Are Driven the Least While Costing the Most" - Article

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Kinda duh. EVs cost 33% more than gas cars, and the people who can afford things like Taycans (I suspect) tend to live closer to their place of business or don't commute at all.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Kinda duh. EVs cost 33% more than gas cars, and the people who can afford things like Taycans (I suspect) tend to live closer to their place of business or don't commute at all.
+1 - or had to be close to or be in retirement by the time they could afford one :)!

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
I did 35000 mi in less than 2yrs and I live close to the job (4 mi).
I travelled all over (almost) Europe. Just love to drive it 🤷‍♂️

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Arguably the most fun EV to drive. Don't get me wrong, I like money and I like keeping my money. However, this reminds me of taxes and living in California. Gotta pay to play.
I like my money too but you can't drive a wad of cash, hence, Taycan :cool:

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
3K miles in 11 months…
Long distances I travel with the Caravelle, which is much more comfortable. For my errands rather drive the noisy 911…
hopefully the Taycan will last 30 Years plus…

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Our household drives our EVs much more than our ICE vehicles…unless you include the airplane.

2P168S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
There is difference between value and cost. Your personal priorities may differ from others. If you want the lowest cost option, then by all means select something else.

can we please put this disclaimer on all of these inane threads?

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
??? Doesn't matter what car i have, i drive as many KMs. There is no logic to this post

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
Yup. Selecting cars at the same price point would be a more useful comparison. When you start with the conclusion, you can always massage any data to fit it.

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
3K miles in 11 months…
Long distances I travel with the Caravelle, which is much more comfortable. For my errands rather drive the noisy 911…
hopefully the Taycan will last 30 Years plus…
We have different vehicles for specific purposes. Our longest trips are to ski in Utah where we take the Hummer H2 which can drive over or through anything in any weather. Our trips to Las Vegas & Northern California are best taken with our Dodge Sprinter Airstream Interstate so we have all the conveniences of home. We traded in my wife's Honda Accord Coupe for the Taycan to use primarily to run around town & an occasional trip to Las Vegas so likely no more than 6K/year. Between the 2 of us we put no more than 12K-15K miles per year but the Taycan is our indulgence. We will keep this car forever a likely put even fewer miles on it in the next few years when I get another Porsche like a Boxster or 911 convertible with longer range or a 350 mile EV version. I'm semi retired but do business everywhere but close to home so zero commute and perfect Southern California weather so we just hope the battery lasts for 15-20 years or more.
Sponsored