Electrify America Poll

What % of your visits to Electrify America do you complete your session WITHOUT any issues ?

• Less than 25%

• Between 25-50%

• 51-75%

• Over 75%

Results are only viewable after voting.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Since my last 4 of 6 visits to EA have not gone great I am curious how things went for you ? I can say when it suggests for you you to call in to the EA people at the 800# they have been fantastic but it does seem like there are lots of issues they are working on.

Some of my issues have been. 1. Charger just shut down after about a minute, I thought it was my Taycan but EA said it was on their end ( that charger stayed out of service for a long time after that) 2. Touchscreen doesn't respond ( that seems common and buttons below still executed ) 3. The screen signaling issues with the CC swiper so even with the app it notes an issue and you must call to have charger re-set. Sometimes it re-sets but a few times they then have me try to pull up to a different numbered charger to start over. 4. Once after 2 failed attempts on faster chargers they suggested the slowest one there and so I just threw in the towel and went home. No big deal I live close but certainly a big deal if the person was traveling.

I would say just below half of the time I charge without any issues. I know they are not very busy at my charging station so that I am sure directly results in how quickly something is serviced but it does seem like it takes too long for a down charger to get back online. Overall the customer service has been great and I just hope they keep improving on the service end.

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Poll IMG_0333
Sponsored

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
My challenges with Electrify America are the slooooooooooooooow charging speeds. In the 10 times I have used an EA charger, have have only gotten above 75kw in charging speeds once. While the servicing team is phenomenal in their response, they can do nothing about charging speeds. I am heading to Aspen today for a drive, and using two separate EA chargers, so hopefully I will have better luck in charging speeds.

This will be my first drive with the new software updates, and a new 12v battery. Let's see how things go!!

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have used only one of the charger stations in my area before I got my home charger setup. Of the 4 times I charged, from 20-80%, I never had a problem with the charger. I did have a problem with the Connect app on my iPhone a couple times. Completely closing out the app and reopening fixed it each time.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My challenges with Electrify America are the slooooooooooooooow charging speeds. In the 10 times I have used an EA charger, have have only gotten above 75kw in charging speeds once. While the servicing team is phenomenal in their response, they can do nothing about charging speeds. I am heading to Aspen today for a drive, and using two separate EA chargers, so hopefully I will have better luck in charging speeds.

This will be my first drive with the new software updates, and a new 12v battery. Let's see how things go!!
Looking forward to hearing about your post-update charging.
My experience with the Frisco EA charger has been subpar, but much better everywhere else. Got 250kW (for a while) last week at the charger in Lakewood.

Are you driving Independence Pass again?

I did Guanella Pass yesterday early morning, starting from the Georgetown side - one of my new favorites.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm 4/4 on EA chargers around Seattle working perfectly. One was a little slow (125 so not terrible) one was very fast (80% in 22 min) other two were fine.

I just turn the car off, plug in, and swipe the charger through the "Charging NA" app. If the first plug doesn't work right away, I try the other.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Looking forward to hearing about your post-update charging.
My experience with the Frisco EA charger has been subpar, but much better everywhere else. Got 250kW (for a while) last week at the charger in Lakewood.

Are you driving Independence Pass again?

I did Guanella Pass yesterday early morning, starting from the Georgetown side - one of my new favorites.
I have had good luck in Lakewood but struggled in Frisco too. That Frisco station is so key for going to the mountains in Colorado. Colorado really needs another option or two on I70 so we are not so dependent on one station that doesn't seem to work reliably. Ski season is going to be tough without another option or two on I70. Going to Keystone / Breck and back is no big deal, but if you stay for a few days and/or have cold weather, it is going to be really tight without a charger on I70.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag

What are your initial SoC and Battery Temperatures when you only get 75kW?

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
It was an up and down road trip today. 400 miles through the Colorado mountains and lots of epic views. I charged up at the Frisco Electrify Location twice today - the site is working now after EA performed maintenance on it a couple of weeks ago. The Glenwood Springs locations was completely down today, hence the 2nd charge in Frisco. Traditionally, I like to charge to 90% in Glenwood Springs, and then make the 160 mile drive to Denver. But, since the Glenwood was down today, I stopped in Frisco for a second time and hit 230kw charging speeds. This is a record for me.

I will document the existing issues I have with the car after the software update, and 12v battery replacement, in the Issues forum.

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Poll IMG_9741

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

What SoC do you start at, you really want 10% or less. I know that seems low for a non EV driver but it is what it is needed to see decent charging speeds.

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
F72AC654-C1C8-44B9-B974-C99F83BA221C.jpeg

Fast charger worked fine on the road to and from the Oregon coast over the weekend.
My Turbo has been pulling 135kw from the EA chargers near me - 90-100 kw is typical when I top up at 60%.

the app ui blows - click the start charging button then swipe up to make sure you swipe left/right on the correct charger.

compared to Tesla’s that just plug-in, this is pretty lame.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I had a nearly perfect charging session today - 109 kW @ Half Moon Bay EA chargers at Bank of America - great charge in 38 min from 59-99% SOC

it would have been flawless - until the session was over - and I had trouble removing the plug from the vehicle - nothing I could do could convince the Taycan to release the plug- I eventually used the manual release pull string on the passenger side and that seemed to the do the trick...

but this is going to get old

so 100% success with EA this morning - my first ever successful charge - yeah!
Porsche/VW design fail for a vehicle that won't release the plug {sigh} - almost had to call road side assistance.

fast charging doesn't matter if you spend 20 minutes trying to release the plug when you're done.

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Poll Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 7.46.15 PM

Last edited:

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I am envious :D!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Charging NA app was unable to initiate a charge today, Issaquah, WA, it didn't seem to be able to even connect to the servers. Immediately bounced back an "Unexpected Error" message. EA rep immediately started a free guest charge instead but it stopped after 2%. I didn't actually need the charge, just testing, so I didn't try again.

EA rep was very nice, quick, and useful. Porsche Connect rep was slow and confused with no resolution.

Edax Rerum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Charging NA app was unable to initiate a charge today, Issaquah, WA, it didn't seem to be able to even connect to the servers. Immediately bounced back an "Unexpected Error" message. EA rep immediately started a free guest charge instead but it stopped after 2%. I didn't actually need the charge, just testing, so I didn't try again.

EA rep was very nice, quick, and useful. Porsche Connect rep was slow and confused with no resolution.
Yes, I've had the same issue the last couple days. I was on a road trip, and attempted to use a station I had used without issue four days earlier. I made multiple attempts and moved the car to different units, all ending with the same message. I did not have time to be on hold with Porsche Connect, so called EA and they initialized completely free charging. That happened twice on 06 Aug, and twice on 07 Aug (four different stations/locations). I did not have any issue with the charging session stopping after only a short time, though. Each session charged as long as I needed.

On 06 Aug, I did not appear to be the only person having problems. At the first location, a Chevy Bolt owner arrived after I was already (finally) charging, and he had to call EA, as well. At the second location, a Jaguar I-Pace owner arrived after me, and had the same problem/resolution.

On 07 Aug, I arrived after an Audi e-Tron was already charging. I asked the owner there if they had experienced any problem, which they had not (although he mentioned that the Audi partnership app had some sort of issue a few days prior). I was hoping the app would finally be working, but no. By all appearances, the app has just not been communicating with the EA network (none of the EA units appeared to respond to the app at all).

EA reps were very friendly and apologetic every time I called them. I don't think the problem is on their end, but I haven't had the time to talk to Porsche yet. I'm hoping that whatever the issue is, it's resolved soon.
Sponsored