Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
With most of us having some issue with our Taycan it inevitable a hire car will be needed. With the shortage of Porsches head office has selected Enterprise as the provider, this was the case for me. The S class Mercedes was delivered - by Porsche - to my home to be later followed by an Enterprise representative to show me the car and sign receipt. Looking around the car I pointed out dents, scratches and the poor state of the wheels. All was brushed under the carpet being a non issue. Luckily, I decided to take pictures of the dents and the condition of the alloys.

The car was returned to Porsche a week later. 4 days after it’s return Enterprise contacted me to say I had damaged one of the tyres! Knowing this was not the case, I informed them I would not pay as the damage was not caused while I had the car. Some days later they emailed me reiterating this damage. A month later they then added the dent in the door!

Their next correspondence implied no further action on their behalf. My thoughts were me speaking to Porsche about their behaviour had some effect. Oh no. Checking my credit card statement Enterprise had debited it by £200 without telling me.

I know this is getting long, but is worth telling.

I phoned their head office regarding the claim and when I pointed out them adding the dent a month later AND I had photographic proof the dent was on the car when received, suddenly it was only about the tyre. Strange that. Following a heated conversation with Enterprise reiterating ‘the tyre must be changed as they never sent an unsafe car out’ I asked for the proof showing the damage. This was emailed over straight away and yes, there was damage on the tyre wall. I then thought ‘better check against my photos’. Guess what? Yes, there was the damage! So not only are they trying to scam me they put me in an unsafe car.

what‘s the lesson? Be very careful when you collect the hire car. Make sure you photograph EVERYTHING. And I hope you have better luck than me. One final point to ponder “Have Enterprise used these faults on other customers to scam money?”
Sponsored

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
This is awful....... what a scam. Good on you for taking photos.... for some reason I've never thought to do this, just relying on the form they fill out. What a bunch of crooks........

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
This is awful....... what a scam. Good on you for taking photos.... for some reason I've never thought to do this, just relying on the form they fill out. What a bunch of crooks........
I was also done in Portugal, again Enterprise. That time 600€ for a really small scratch on a plastic sill!

Last edited:

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
With most of us having some issue with our Taycan it inevitable a hire car will be needed. With the shortage of Porsches head office has selected Enterprise as the provider, this was the case for me. The S class Mercedes was delivered - by Porsche - to my home to be later followed by an Enterprise representative to show me the car and sign receipt. Looking around the car I pointed out dents, scratches and the poor state of the wheels. All was brushed under the carpet being a non issue. Luckily, I decided to take pictures of the dents and the condition of the alloys.

The car was returned to Porsche a week later. 4 days after it’s return Enterprise contacted me to say I had damaged one of the tyres! Knowing this was not the case, I informed them I would not pay as the damage was not caused while I had the car. Some days later they emailed me reiterating this damage. A month later they then added the dent in the door!

Their next correspondence implied no further action on their behalf. My thoughts were me speaking to Porsche about their behaviour had some effect. Oh no. Checking my credit card statement Enterprise had debited it by £200 without telling me.

I phoned their head office regarding the claim and when I pointed out them adding the dent a month later AND I had photographic proof the dent was on the car when received, suddenly it was only about the tyre. Strange that. Following a heated conversation with Enterprise reiterating ‘the tyre must be changed as they never sent an unsafe car out’ I asked for the proof showing the damage. This was emailed over straight away and yes, there was damage on the tyre wall. I then thought ‘better check against my photos’. Guess what? Yes, there was the damage! So not only are they trying to scam me they put me in an unsafe car.

what‘s the lesson? Be very careful when you collect the hire car. Make sure you photograph EVERYTHING. And I hope you have better luck than me. One final point to ponder “Have Enterprise used these faults on other customers to scam money?”
Did they end up refunding you the charges? Hopefully, they did...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag

As a prolific renter of cars in Portugal, UK and now South Africa, here is some advice:

NEVER go with the "big" brands.

Go with the independents who actually care about an honest service and know only too well, bad customer reviews will see a dearth of new business.

Since renting a car every month since October last year and driving a good 1000km+ each month, through seven different hire car firms, not a single problem with any of them. All of them independent.

Hire car firm #8 is coming up next month. Independent again.

You should have pushed Porsche to let you use either ONTO or MyCarDirect. Both recommended by me. Former includes free charging at BP, Shell and Instavolt. Electric. ONTO cheap, quite good. MCD, very good but painfully expensive.

Finally, for Christ's sake, get rental car insurance from somewhere like carhireexcess.com.

£40 for the year and reduces any hire car claim to £0. Yes, that is no excess.

And saves a whole load of hassle because they will do the donkey work, while you have far more important things to do, especially if you have the resource to buy a Porsche...

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Did they end up refunding you the charges? Hopefully, they did...
Not yet. All has gone quite now they know I’ve proof the issues were present before I received the car.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Report this in your porsche end of serivce survey. Similar thing happened to me (although I got a shiity NISSAN rouge lol). Porsche was quite reactive after I reported the issue and it was a dealt with very quickly by the dealer.

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hopefully even if they don't you can still dispute the charges with your CC company.
Have already started that one. The 30 days are running.

Last edited:

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag

I had an issue a few years ago where i was sent a BMW 5 series with 4 bald tyres. The back 2 were sub 1.6mm.
Sadly I’m not surprised by your comments above.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

Some 6 years ago now Enterprise pulled the same stunt on me locally here in Houston - had a Jag as a rental loaner once when M4 in for service (BMW then had just changed to using Enterprise from Hertz).

Returned car with no issues same day (literally drove 18 miles to work and 18 back on freeway and that was it); a week later was asked to pay for damage to the underside of the car!

Long story short I got my lawyer to respond to their nonsense and it literally took one note from his office and it all 'magically' went away - have never used their service since and don't plan to in the future.

Can't tell you how pissed I was at the time but there was just something quirky in the attitude and questioning of the 'employee' I dropped the car off to ... turns out my 'Turd'ar was working 100% :)!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Local Bay Area dealer uses Enterprise for their back up loaners. They sent me 60 miles home in a decrepit dangerous Chrysler 200 once. It was so unsafe , I refused to drive it back. Made them come pick it up. I would never rent from Enterprise.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag

This is absolutely awful and devious, I would send them a solicitors letter

KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
Google it, Enterprise is known for this horseshit. They tried to pin damage on me last summer and I refused and told them to pound sand. They relented and dropped their claim.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I rented an Enterprise van last year to move some stuff. I hate to buck the trend here, but it all went very smoothly with no issues. I had paid extra for the damage waivers - maybe that is why, but based on that experience I would be happy to use our local office again.
Sponsored