Stevetheham

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS
Country flag
I have to make the decision soon on interior and I am really torn between the black club leather with green stitching or the GTS alcantara with red stitching. I have seen a few people say if you buy a GTS you should really have the GTS interior? This is my first Porsche and is that correct when it comes to release? Does the alcantara look good? Would appreciate some pics
Pics below of my dilemma

Porsche Taycan Gts interior decision 3AE1CCF6-3B57-4426-B1D5-5EFB0B6A8204

Porsche Taycan Gts interior decision B56F1681-BF1C-4B51-87C3-03A836044760

Porsche Taycan Gts interior decision BE6398BC-A112-463A-9BD9-7F6E4459A248

Porsche Taycan Gts interior decision 4A1C1946-9D0A-4C17-8DCB-BED08E9A96A2

Porsche Taycan Gts interior decision FF3FEC64-974A-4C91-A6FE-507F58CA4B5F

Porsche Taycan Gts interior decision 9D7D7DE9-91BE-425C-9445-C29B980049D3

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
What colour's the exterior?

The last one of your pictures is far more representative of how the GTS alcantara interior looks :) (I'm going for it...but probably in crayon).

OP
OP

Stevetheham

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS
Country flag
What colour's the exterior?

The last one of your pictures is far more representative of how the GTS alcantara interior looks :) (I'm going for it...but probably in crayon).
exterior is full on mid life crisis mamba green 😂
I think I need to see it in a dealer but it does look good from what I have seen online, have you experienced it first hand?

• Haha
Reactions: B61

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Both are solid choices, I don’t think you can go wrong either way. You will get lots of opinions here, just follow your gut! Don’t worry too much about resale, configure the vehicle that makes you smile.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Luckily I despise the feel of Alcantara, so it's a very easy choice for me!

I have experienced the racetex interior and the leather interior and I have to say it wasn't _that_ bad but given the choice I prefer the leather.

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
My wife hates the feel of Alcantara but finds the GTS race tex smoother to touch and can live with it……which makes decisions harder on spec, crayon leather or GTS with crayon stitch in a solid black car…..

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Your car, your choice... but i'd go with red leather (+black stiching).

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
exterior is full on mid life crisis mamba green 😂
I think I need to see it in a dealer but it does look good from what I have seen online, have you experienced it first hand?
Yes - my dealer had a car in with it.

The stitching and carbon bits make the interior a very nice place to be (though worth noting I was already predisposed to suede/alcantara/Race-Tex. It's much more tactile than leather IMO:)).

I'm not entirely sure I'd go red with a green exterior though (and my OH is broadly saying no to the red GTS interior full stop, preferring the crayon one).

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To add.... With mamba green I think the black leather with green stitching would probably look nicer. Might be worth considering other tones to liven it up too (maybe grey centres...or have seen green :)).

It's a shame you cannot choose the accent colours on the GTS interior from a wider pallette.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Mamba green exterior + green stitch interior looks very smart IMO.

However, it's all personal preference.

I personally don't like red leather interiors. Feels a bit Stringfellows to me, not that I've ever patronised such a place. Honest.

I've sat in two and test driven one GTS. Both had standard GTS Race-Tex. It's nice, but not for me.

You don't "need" the GTS exclusive interior and it won't help resale value. There's plenty of second hand buyers who will want 1. A GTS and 2. With leather interior.

I'm getting crayon leather to contrast my carmine red exterior.

I'm adding the GTS model designation to the centre console, after all, it's "exclusive" and at least nods to the sweet spot in the range.

Another thing that puts me off the GTS Race-Tex is the stitched GTS right where the head sits... Or rubs.

Over time that could discolour from hair oils, hair product, etc. If it was a track car no problem, but as a DD, not so sure.

OP
OP

Stevetheham

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS
Country flag
Mamba green exterior + green stitch interior looks very smart IMO.

However, it's all personal preference.

I personally don't like red leather interiors. Feels a bit Stringfellows to me, not that I've ever patronised such a place. Honest.

I've sat in two and test driven one GTS. Both had standard GTS Race-Tex. It's nice, but not for me.

You don't "need" the GTS exclusive interior and it won't help resale value. There's plenty of second hand buyers who will want 1. A GTS and 2. With leather interior.

I'm getting crayon leather to contrast my carmine red exterior.

I'm adding the GTS model designation to the centre console, after all, it's "exclusive" and at least nods to the sweet spot in the range.

Another thing that puts me off the GTS Race-Tex is the stitched GTS right where the head sits... Or rubs.

Over time that could discolour from hair oils, hair product, etc. If it was a track car no problem, but as a DD, not so sure.
thanks for your thoughts! I agree I am not a fan of the GTS on the head test and prefer the Porsche logo. I didn't realise you could add the Gts to the centre console? Is that on the configurator?
As never having s Porsche before I just wasn't sure of protocol with GTS models, but I will prefer the black leather I think with green Stitching more ...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
thanks for your thoughts! I agree I am not a fan of the GTS on the head test and prefer the Porsche logo. I didn't realise you could add the Gts to the centre console? Is that on the configurator?
As never having s Porsche before I just wasn't sure of protocol with GTS models, but I will prefer the black leather I think with green Stitching more ...
Yep, it's in the "Leather" options and for £300 odd you can have the letters "GTS" stamped into the centre console. Bargain! 😂

With Porsche there is no protocol. The fact we obsess over the configurator says it all: it's your car built to your exact spec. Look at an Audi or Merc in the same class and your options are limited to about 5-10 "packages". With Porsche there are literally thousands of different combinations.

People worry too much about resale value. I hazard guess Porsche are "cheaper" to own than other marques in the same class where they seem to depreciate less.

Those in the second hand market know what to expect: compromise. I don't think the GTS exclusive Race-Tex interior would be a deal breaker or by opting for leather it will devalue your car. It's a nonsense as so many people after a second hand Taycan will want leather.

So spec it exactly as you like and don't worry about anything other your enjoyment of the car.

OP
OP

Stevetheham

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS
Country flag
Yep, it's in the "Leather" options and for £300 odd you can have the letters "GTS" stamped into the centre console. Bargain! 😂

With Porsche there is no protocol. The fact we obsess over the configurator says it all: it's your car built to your exact spec. Look at an Audi or Merc in the same class and your options are limited to about 5-10 "packages". With Porsche there are literally thousands of different combinations.

People worry too much about resale value. I hazard guess Porsche are "cheaper" to own than other marques in the same class where they seem to depreciate less.

Those in the second hand market know what to expect: compromise. I don't think the GTS exclusive Race-Tex interior would be a deal breaker or by opting for leather it will devalue your car. It's a nonsense as so many people after a second hand Taycan will want leather.

So spec it exactly as you like and don't worry about anything other your enjoyment of the car.
£300! that's me done! 😂

thank you for your input, coming from a Tesla the options list is a bit of a change lol
You are right though if you are spending over 100k on a car it should be what you want and not what you think you should have... green sticking it is then

back to the configurator.... again 😂

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
The things about the GTS on the headrests that appeal to me are
1/ Unique to GTS
2/ FREE!
Too garish in either Crayon or Red interior packs
Just right in different shade of grey on base interior,
I like the base GTS trim, 50 more shades in the interior than black leather,
its just 50 shades of grey.
The only thing I want from the GTS interior upgrade pack are the GTS letters on the wheel.
I am going to paint them on myself.

Absolutely get what you want though,
I am way too tight to spend £4000 on stitching and headrest embossing.
I love TaycanHero, who knows he is breaking the 2 rules of GTS club.
1/ Dont de GTS a GTS

There are loads of people on this forum going leather on a GTS even though it is against the rules so this desire, of course, will be reflected in the 2nd hand market so shouldn't effect resale

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
IME a fabric interior is cooler in summer and as a heated seat warms up quicker in winter than leather.
I really like the GTS interior upholstery but am fed up with black after decades and deleting the carbon trim strips is also thankfully a no cost option but want a colour instead, personally.

It is your car so get what you prefer.

I am going Mamba, because green is my favourite colour and it is rarely offerd these days, with Blackberry interior, because it has almost no black and I like the green/purple colour combination of my old Hugo Boss promotional duffle :) so my choice much more likely to shrink the number of potential secondhand buyers than yours :)

I did spec a GTS ST myself but didn't think the extra price was worth it for me. Few of the included cosmetic extras were anything I wanted and the power increment to the 4S is very small for the price hike. In fact the matrix lights were the only plus.
Sponsored