G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I'm happy to wait until April, May, June or whatever for delivery if that's when the ST GTS models start being delivered. I do want to have some idea so that I can arrange to sell my RS4 at the appropriate time.
I have an RS4 also. At the moment they are fetching superb residuals helped by the fact that you cannot spec C&S pack on the standard or Carbon Black editions.
Sponsored

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I’m going to get a 4S ST whilst I await the GTS ST. Cannot see there being much depreciation on the 4S in that time so it’s a win-win, in my opinion.

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I was also told 2 years if ordered today for a GTS ST

Emailed DP at Hatfield about GTS ST availability - told me Q4 2023 ?

The recommendation:
"... if you were to place an order this week for a Taycan GTS ST, we would expect to see the car in Q4 2023! Considering the extraordinary lead time for GTS ST I would recommend looking at either 4s or Turbo Sports Turismo for delivery in Q3/4 2022."

Leicester, though they may be playing it down to get my order, expect Q1 or Q2 2023.

Part of the reason for buying the car is the favourable BIK that will be reviewed, and likely move much higher, from April 2025.

It seems I might be owning my first Porsche for around a year before moving it on so the tax man can't bend me over...

The Taycan 4S CT I test drove the other week at Porsche Centre Silverstone - it's approved second hand.

Price?

£127,000

This is why I want the GTS, I just cannot see how the price of these vehicles is going to decline as the demand is increasing as raw materials supply is decreasing.

There are no particularly exciting EVs in this class until 2025/6; and new technology like SSB won't be available until 2028.

That means you either wait 1.5-2 years for your car, or you buy second hand now for a 10% markup on the MSRP. There is no point waiting for new models or technology even with such extended lead times.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Porsche Reading have just confirmed to me Q4 2023 delivery for the GTS ST, with 25 orders ahead should I put down a deposit this week!

I wonder if Leicester may have been a better bet where all the surrounding London dealers are likely to have more of the type of demographic who can afford a obscenely priced car? That then explains the extended lead times and huge number of orders.

We will see, but I also accept that the sales guy at Porsche Leicester might have been overpromising to get me to put down a deposit ?‍♂

Really wanted the Taycan GTS before summer 2023, but looks like it might instead turn into a 40th birthday present to myself.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was also told 2 years if ordered today for a GTS ST
Yep, see my message above!

The sales rep at Porsche Leicester did hint about extended lead times with "some 911 GT4 customers waiting 3 years".

I wonder if that was setting expectations to expect a long wait.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I have an RS4 also. At the moment they are fetching superb residuals helped by the fact that you cannot spec C&S pack on the standard or Carbon Black editions.
It sound like yours is a much newer model than mine. Mine is 2014 (the 4.2 V8, which has particular appear for some people), but not benefiting from the lack of availability of new vehicles!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Heard from Porsche Leicester today and asked them to clarify their lead time report for the GTS ST.

They remain adamant it is 15 months with a build slot (I slammed my deposit down on Saturday) likely end of this year, early 2023.

That is some 6-9 months ahead of Reading and Hatfield.

I am still mentally preparing for end of 2023 so as not get my hopes up, but perhaps (and I might be talking total BS here) Leicester have a higher allocation than expected demand, and with London having a far higher population of wealthy people than the Midlands, that is why Reading, Hatfield et al have such extended lead times where more people put in orders.

Porsche has capacity to build 40,000 Taycan's annually, so it must be raw materials that are causing the delays.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
It sound like yours is a much newer model than mine. Mine is 2014 (the 4.2 V8, which has particular appear for some people), but not benefiting from the lack of availability of new vehicles!
Still a fine car and very desirable with the V8. Im sure you will have no issue moving on.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
The Taycan 4S CT I test drove the other week at Porsche Centre Silverstone - it's approved second hand.

Price?

£127,000
Do you know what the spec was on the 4S CT? It's very easy to load these cars up with a lot of money in extras.

I'd be surprised if many GTS hit £104k, for example. Or if the majority of 4S CTs were under £100k.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know what the spec was on the 4S CT? It's very easy to load these cars up with a lot of money in extras.

I'd be surprised if many GTS hit £104k, for example. Or if the majority of 4S CTs were under £100k.
Here she is!:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112210697325?make=Porsche&aggregatedTrim=4S Performance Plus&postcode=sw181gb&price-from=500&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&model=Taycan&page=1

And would you believe it, in two days they have increased the price another £5k!

I must admit this car was awesome, and even though I will patiently wait for my GTS ST, if I were going the 4S option, it would very likely be the CT and in crayon, which I think suits it perfectly.

Tore this thing through some fun B roads and around the A roads of the Porsche Silverstone centre.

It will make someone very happy, their bank balance not so much, especially as these vehicles selling at a premium will see accelerated depreciation next two years as more supply hits the market + new models become more available.

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Here she is!:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112210697325?make=Porsche&aggregatedTrim=4S Performance Plus&postcode=sw181gb&price-from=500&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&sort=relevance&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&model=Taycan&page=1

And would you believe it, in two days they have increased the price another £5k!

I must admit this car was awesome, and even though I will patiently wait for my GTS CT, if I were going the 4S option, it would very likely be the CT and in crayon, which I think suits it perfectly.

Tore this thing through some fun B roads and around the A roads of the Porsche Silverstone centre.

It will make someone very happy, their bank balance not so much, especially as these vehicles selling at a premium will see accelerated depreciation next two years as more supply hits the market + new models become more available.
Does look like a cheeky mark up....with the options noted it looks more like a £120k spec.

Also had fun with a 4S CT around my local roads.

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
I’ve got an early May build slot on a saloon.
Leeds have just received their demo, crayon with big carbon spec, looks awesome

OP
OP
targaben

targaben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, GT4, Macan
Country flag
Did you get any pics ? Sounds similar to my spec.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’m UK based and have a May build slot confirmed for a ST GTS, I’m wondering if it will be MY22 or MY23, and ideas?
There is past precedence for rolling MY early on some model variants.. I’m hoping to get a MY23 if possible as I was on the tipping point for CT 4S last year.
FYI; ST GTS build slots (for customers, not demo) are few and far between at the moment, maybe 1 (2 max) per dealer for H1
May = MY22

MY23 would be from late July / early August lock down for Oct delivery.
Sponsored