W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Anyone taking delivery of a MY23+ will I assume have the prices, standard spec/equipment and option choices (including colours) specific to that model year.
Prices can change up to the point of locking your order. MY23 can't be locked for several months yet.
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Sorry, think you mis-read - they're expecting delivery NEXT November, aint much quick about that one!!

I've not added many options tbf, glass roof, Bose, heated wheel (I've got delicate hands ;-)) & folding mirrors. Have plumped for the very marmite standard rims - not sure how I feel about them in all honesty.
Ah, got you and that does align with what many of us have been told.

Definitely get the RS Spyder alloys. I had a test drive in a GTS Sedan yesterday, which was running the RS Spyder's. They are stunning, exclusive to the GTS and really "make" the Taycan look special.

Many people have commented on the tyre height with 21s, being way too low profile and therefore a puncture risk. However, taking a closer look in-person, it's reasonably generous (Perelli P-Zero) and there were far lower profile tyres on other cars in the dealership.

So just get them. What's another £1.8k?

FutureEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
I wonder if I'm one of the few ordering a GTS in Saloon guise...my current estimated build date is the start of May 2022, but I'm assuming there are now going to be delays with it.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
When did you order?
I didnt think they could increase the price in the UK unlike other markets.
They can't increase the price for orders which have been confirmed, but most ST GTS orders are not at that stage, even those of us who are at the top of the list and who paid a deposit on the first possible day.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Booked my Silverstone track day this morning for mid April. I was previously advised that they would have a GTS saloon but not a ST which I was happy with. Now been advised that the delivery of the GTS saloon has been delayed until at least mid May.
I booked mine for 4th April (in a CT 4S). They also said mid-May for the ST GTS.

I'm more interested in trying different options (e.g. PDCC) and learning about various functions than driving an actual GTS, as that might change my actual desired specification.

Waiting until the ST GTS arrives might be too late.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Waiting until the ST GTS arrives might be too late.
Doubtful at the moment.

Even if Porsche secure alternative supply chains for the looms, I have a feeling energy supply is going to come into play pretty soon. So unless Putin is persuaded to stop being an idiot one way or another, the delays are likely to be extensive.

There are a few EVs that might pique the interest if delays are too long. Pricing will also be interesting.

(None of which is to take away from the horrors of what is happening in Ukraine at the moment).

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), BMW M5 Competition
Country flag
Hi All,

New user here ?

I'm based in the UK and potentially ordering a Taycan GTS Saloon this Saturday and when I last spoke to my porsche dealer (on Monday) he was guess-timating a delivery around end of year.

Does this sound about right for the Saloon? I see here there seems to be much longer times for the ST so it worried me....

I get that Monday was before porsche announced the temporary stop to production, so that will need to be factored in after, but was 9-10 months about right before this?

Thanks in advance ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

New user here ?

I'm based in the UK and potentially ordering a Taycan GTS Saloon this Saturday and when I last spoke to my porsche dealer (on Monday) he was guess-timating a delivery around end of year.

Does this sound about right for the Saloon? I see here there seems to be much longer times for the ST so it worried me....

I get that Monday was before porsche announced the temporary stop to production, so that will need to be factored in after, but was 9-10 months about right before this?

Thanks in advance ?
Sounds hugely optimistic (given current events, production stops in March, high demand). Not impossible but you won't know for sure until you have a locked specification which I'm guessing you won't have at this point as it is too early in the cycle to do so.

Allocations of models & variants vary by dealer - some get more than others - could be your dealer has an unallocated slot for say Nov build and Dec / Jan delivery.

Dates quoted appear to be all over the place and the only thing that is constant is change.

I have had a deposit on a GTS ST since Sep'21 and fixed in Nov'21 on launch day for a targeted Nov'22 (MY23) delivery. Not yet had any indication from the dealer that this is realistic or not and are quoting 2024 for most other Porsche models (demand and now events in Europe).

Hopefully you get lucky but...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Hi All,

New user here ?

Thanks in advance ?
Based on what is going on, I'm using an incredibly advanced equation that will no doubt win me the internationally acclaimed Fields Medal for mathematical genius:

Dqt + 6m = DT

Where:
  • Dqt = Dealer quoted time
  • 6m = Six months
  • DT = Delivery time

This would mean you should expect summer 2023 for your GTS saloon, where you are correct in that the saloon is being delivered sooner than the ST.

Having test driven the GTS Saloon on Monday, it will be worth the wait, though keep in mind what you see as the MSRP will likely be +10% higher by the time you come to pay. Commodity squeeze and inflation.

So expect that and factor it into your purchase decision.

Put your deposit down this week, there is no point even fretting about your spec. You have plenty of time...

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Put your deposit down this week, there is no point even fretting about your spec. You have plenty of time...
This.

No point worrying about spec or delivery times right now. Way too many unknowns, but I suspect getting one in 2022 for anyone who didn't have a deposit placed in 2021 is looking extremely unlikely.

Deposits are refundable until you lock spec. So if you don't desperately need the cash right now (and there's an argument that if you do, why are you spend 120k+ on an EV :)), place the deposit immediately and see how things pan out over the next 3-6mths.

I suspect at the outer end of that we'll know more about lead times. And there'll be more manufacturers releasing EVs that might be worth a look (Aston Martin are releasing one in 2025, Lotus sooner I think, etc)....if they do and the product's good, nothing to swap deposits being moved.

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you @W1NGE , @TaycanHero & @Murph7355 .

I will speak to the dealer tomorrow to see what his update is.
@TaycanHero , loved the advanced equation, made me chuckle :D

I didn't realise I could place deposit without choosing spec. Although I have already decided exactly on the spec after reading alot on here and speaking with the dealer.

The fact that they can increase the price after deposit annoys me a little, never had this experience before with other manufacturers.... But then I've never waited more than about 6 months for a delivery...

My next decision is, whether to sell up my M5, buy a Tesla and run that until delivery date to get used to the electric world...

CALLAWISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another question.... will they really increase by 10%? My dealer says he's never seen that and its usually only £1200-£1500 increase.....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No one has a crystal ball and these aren't normal times. Inflation price rise is more likely.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just bear in mind where inflation is going ;)

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Based on what is going on, I'm using an incredibly advanced equation that will no doubt win me the internationally acclaimed Fields Medal for mathematical genius:

Dqt + 6m = DT

Where:
  • Dqt = Dealer quoted time
  • 6m = Six months
  • DT = Delivery time

This would mean you should expect summer 2023 for your GTS saloon, where you are correct in that the saloon is being delivered sooner than the ST.

Having test driven the GTS Saloon on Monday, it will be worth the wait, though keep in mind what you see as the MSRP will likely be +10% higher by the time you come to pay. Commodity squeeze and inflation.

So expect that and factor it into your purchase decision.

I like that GTS logo on the centre console but I cant have it unless I get rid
of all the other GTS specific interior! You cant have it in Race Tex?!

ORDER UPDATE!
My dealer has received its 1st factory customer order GTS.
Before now the dealers have got 2 launch cars, 1 demo, 1 showroom
(Perhaps Porsche GB at Reading have punted out a few press launch cars to the dealers)
Hopefully our cars are starting to arrive!

Its a Saloon, (STs are a bit later) unfortunately not mine! My Saloon now scheduled for next month (May). Hopefully. I have completed all the finance stuff in readiness.
It was ordered on GTS launch day (November?) - March build, April delivery so perhaps it is an indication that Ukraine has pushed back deliveries by about 4-6 weeks?
Sponsored