andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
I made this picture out of Porsche Hongkong. It shows the Head-up Display. But for me this new line doesn’t look so good as without this virtual Display. Hope for remote parking system.
Porsche Taycan Head-up Display MJ 2021 BF4250AB-DAEF-4DBA-8259-AEBF4D5756A6
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I made this picture out of Porsche Hongkong. It shows the Head-up Display. But for me this new line doesn’t look so good as without this virtual Display. Hope for remote parking system.
BF4250AB-DAEF-4DBA-8259-AEBF4D5756A6.jpeg
Wow really destroys the nice floating display on our cars..... more like on the old boxsters.... happy I did not have to be frustrated with that choice :)

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
Wow really destroys the nice floating display on our cars..... more like on the old boxsters.... happy I did not have to be frustrated with that choice :)
Yes i agree with you and i think on the Cockpit Display are more than enough informations on it.

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
That is one ugly bolt-on! I'm shocked Porsche has come out with such a poor implementation. Either the head-up unit is massive or they forgot all about this feature and only realised 10 days ago! So they panicked, raided the spare parts locker and stuck the first head-up display they found on.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I have HUD in 2 of my cars and it's always off :)

I don't personally see the point of the same information being 20 cm above where it is already but I know many people love it. I don't.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So it’s not projected onto the windshield?? That’s not a HUD. I’ve had HUD on my cars for 15 years and love it. My hands and/or the steering wheel block much of the dash screen, and it gives me an easy way to see my speed. Plus my eyes can focus much easier on the HUD than the dash, without reading glasses. But this looks even worse, the steering wheel is right in front of it.

HUD was the main feature that had me considering canceling my order and waiting for the update. But not this.

fe007

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, iPace, BMW 428i
Country flag
It's an actual HUD as can be seen in the attached picture. The issue is that they added some extra cowling over the curved display probably to give extra room for the HUD hardware. I too am a big fan of HUD but not like this.

Porsche Taycan Head-up Display MJ 2021 Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 8.36.46 AM

So it’s not projected onto the windshield?? That’s not a HUD. I’ve had HUD on my cars for 15 years and love it. My hands and/or the steering wheel block much of the dash screen, and it gives me an easy way to see my speed. Plus my eyes can focus much easier on the HUD than the dash, without reading glasses. But this looks even worse, the steering wheel is right in front of it.

HUD was the main feature that had me considering canceling my order and waiting for the update. But not this.

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Smart Eq ForFour
Country flag
My understanding was that the steering wheel can obstruct some of the 16.8 inch curved dash for some drivers and so this enables the driver to see these.
For those of you lucky enough to have the car, could this indeed be the case.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Only the time and outside temperature is slightly hidden behind the steering wheel. A slight tilt of the head solves it. This info won't be displayed on HUD anyway.

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Smart Eq ForFour
Country flag
Only the time and outside temperature is slightly hidden behind the steering wheel. A slight tilt of the head solves it. This info won't be displayed on HUD anyway.
Thanks TAYC4N.
Could the height (<164 cm) of the driver be an issue, as the seat may have to be further in and so obscure more of the dash.

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
Absolutely dreaded this!
Nearly avoided the thread altogether (ostrich head in sand moment). I love HUD's on my cars and it really bugged me that the Taycan was getting one for MY21 and probably available for order in the UK not that long after I get my MY20!

My (now sold) F90 M5 HUD was absolutely brilliant. Totally blended into the dash, large, colourful and very useful. Getting one in the Taycan would have been a no brainer really (or so I thought).

However, whilst I would still consider the HUD option on the Taycan, aesthetics are equally important for me and I love the current floating cluster in the Taycan. The MY21 implementation is just not great at all, reminds me of the stuck on look in the last gen RS6/RS7 which looked like an afterthought.

So thanks Andreas! :) Made my day!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
It’s just horrible what Porsche have done with the hud. No idea why they need that curved thing going round a beautiful futuristic dash. HUD can wait until a version come out that is properly designed.
Sponsored