Help me - I’m Scared!!?!

Longy_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hello community,

I currently drive a C8 Audi RS6. I have had the car for 18months and LOVE it! But that being said I commute circa 35miles a day and do around 1000 miles a month so fuel is costing a fair chunk. Overall average is 21.8mpg during ownership.

I have been considering a car that is cheaper to run but still makes me smile and has the performance (aka the GTS sport tourismo) but is cheaper to run…. Given the running costs of the RS6 its rarely used for trips beyond 150 miles.

My maths make the Taycan about £500 per mont cheaper across fuel, tax, insurance and warranty (rs6 soon to be 3 and I wouldn’t dare run without)

My wife has a diesel Range Rover velar and we have a dog who isn’t allowed in my car lol. So all longer trips are done in that car. Im also going to get a 7kw charger installed at home.

I have found a great GTS at a good price and the deal is likely to conclude tomorrow…..

Perhaps the wrong place to ask but am I making a mistake here!

Thank you. All advice / thoughts welcome!
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Go for it… and you’ll have smile on your face every day when & before you will sit in the car :angel:
Taycan is the best looking EV since day 1, pure joy to drive.

Watchesandburgers

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Sounds like you're making exactly the right choice. If fuel is your greatest expense and you have a short daily drive, an EV is an obvious choice. The GTS ST will be totally comparable to the RS6 Avant as far as performance and utility. Heck, with rubber floor mats, maybe let the dog come along for a ride as well! Full steam ahead, my good man!

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
You will absolutely love the GTS....especially if it's a Sport Turismo, but even in sedan form, it's amazing and such an incredible car to drive!

What I love the most about my Sport Turismo GTS, besides the way it looks, its uniqueness, its sporty interior, its tech, its eco friendliness, etc....is the way it drives! Incredible acceleration, with instant power. Option to dial in different drive modes, which really transforms the way the car drives. Normal mode is super comfortable and very relaxing, but you still have the instant power on demand. Sport Plus is amazing, and feels super planted to the road, and has very little body roll. Sport is a very nice happy medium, and I find I drive in Sport most of the time.

Other than massive depreciation, you cannot go wrong with a GTS. Slightly less depreciation on the ST, and now since you can no longer order any GTS model, the depreciation should be a bit less.

Did I mention its good looks??? It's a sexy car!

Last edited:

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Since you are UK based, can you get on a salary sacrifice scheme or buy it as a company vehicle?
The income tax savings for buying a EV car in UK are quite something…. Worth checking out - and you can get a new car Instead.

RamTwins

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS CT
Country flag
Is it pre-owned? If so, original owner already took the bulk of the hit on depreciation. Worrying about that is for people who might be looking to get out in a couple or three years. I feel like I can stay with the GTS for some time. Nothing else really turns my head the way it does.

OP
OP
Longy_UK

Longy_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Thank you so much for all of the comments! All very useful.

Yes they’re a great looking car; but so is the RS6. I want to move on but it’s hard from the Audi (hence this thread)!

With regard to depreciation I have done the maths and I’m comfortable - it’s not new - it’s very nearly new and is at a 36% discount! Furthermore the WBAC price is only a couple of grand less than I’ll be paying for it - for now anyway!

If you’re buying any £100k+ car it’s going to depreciate like a brick - EV or no

I could do salary sacrifice - BUT this has to be a new car and therefore it’s full price cars - this is where depreciation kicks in as the monthly salary loss on a 4s would actually be much more than the payments on the GTS. Oh and you can’t order a GTS at the minute anyway.

I’m a bit of a geek - I like the idea of scheduled charging to get the cheap rate etc…..

Next step is to drive the car. I did a long term loan with a turbo and to be honest I’d say that was ‘too’ fast.

Exciting times!

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Best wishes with your decision.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Are you sure you cannot swerve a new one on salary sacrifice?

There are loads of brand new available in the network.

I think you'll love the car. Not as much room inside as in your RS6, but feels a special place to be.

I ended up offloading my B7 RS4 and my 911 once I had the GTS ST.

I had a 992 C4 GTS as a loaner recently and the Taycan makes cars like these feel antiquated IMO.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Other than the Taycan interior being much smaller than the Audi in question, you should find the Taycan to be an acceptable substitute. The key here is to be able to charge at home…especially if you drive a lot.
Sponsored