Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Car been in shop for a week so far and they haven’t figured out why there is no LTE. Now with level 2 Porsche techs. To be honest it has not worked consistently since purchased in May ‘20. Once before they replaced the CONNECT ECU, but must be something different this time.

PCM shows Verizon connection but have the dreaded two lines with a hash through it. Strange that SOS is green.
Sponsored

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
I had an issues with my ‘22 4s. Spotify, internet radio etc not working. Turned out the data package had expired and they needed to reactivate it. Or that is what they claimed. This took 2 to 3 weeks of working with customer service.

I hope it is that simple but if it is in the shop I doubt it.
I was able to remotely connoted to the car the whole time though so who knows.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had an issues with my ‘22 4s. Spotify, internet radio etc not working. Turned out the data package had expired and they needed to reactivate it. Or that is what they claimed. This took 2 to 3 weeks of working with customer service.

The optional data package is not required for any connectivity such as Spotify, CarPlay or Porsche Connect services.

The package is required if you want to use your PCM as a WiFi hotspot for shared access to the internet.

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
You know, it was not an optional data package. I don’t have that. That is just what they said. Perhaps for certain traffic they have different data agreements in place.

I am not sure I was being given accurate information. I have the service ticket. Perhaps I’ll reply and ask what the resolution was.

Nalayak

First Name
Twinkal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Happened to me for the first time last week. Restarted the PCM and tried few other tips but had no luck. Some how over night (while charging to 100%) since I had a long trip ahead the next day, I woke up with LTE and app working again. It was weird but something fixed itself.

OP
OP

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Wish It was that simple but I renewed the subscription in May when the 3 year free period ended.

BTW car is still in the shop without any progress as of yet.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Try this…

Update….after some additional research, I have once again told my phone to forget the Taycan WI-FI and everything is working perfectly, connecting right up upon getting in, CarPlay working as it should and the MyPorsche App working perfectly, updating/tracking state of charge, lock status, etc. and my IPhone has all of its functions again. Oh well…hope this is the last time/update on this matter.

rawn77

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan 4S CT,
Country flag
Car been in shop for a week so far and they haven’t figured out why there is no LTE. Now with level 2 Porsche techs. To be honest it has not worked consistently since purchased in May ‘20. Once before they replaced the CONNECT ECU, but must be something different this time.

PCM shows Verizon connection but have the dreaded two lines with a hash through it. Strange that SOS is green.
I hope this will help, as I had the same issue.
Somehow, my car went into Transport mode. The tech fixed it in 2 minutes with his tablet plugged into the ODBII port.
Reference this FIX to your Service Advisor.

OP
OP

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I hope this will help, as I had the same issue.
Somehow, my car went into Transport mode. The tech fixed it in 2 minutes with his tablet plugged into the ODBII port.
Reference this FIX to your Service Advisor.
Thank you, have passed on the message. Will report back.

OP
OP

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thank you, have passed on the message. Will report back.
2 weeks later here was the solution

CUSTOMER IS HAVING ISSUES WITH PCM INTERNET, PORSCHE ADVISED CUSTOMER TO HAVE A DEALERSHIP RESET THE COMMUNICATION MODULE OR CONBOX--LTE FUNCTION not working per customer. its not the privacy option also remote functions such as precool and any items in the app are not working . pat driscoll has info on a bulletin that came out ten days ago. (per customer conversation) VERIFIED CUSTOMER COMPLAINT VIA CUSTOMERS LOGIN DATA IN MyPorsche APP. PER PORSCHE CONNECT SUPPORT, APP HAS NOT UPDATED VEHICLE INFORMATION IN ONE MONTH. PER PORSCHE CONNECT SUPPORT, PERFORMED MULTIPLE VEHICLE HANDOVERS, AND TERMINAL 30 RESET. LTE DATA STILL NOT AVAILABLE. CHECKED PCM LTE DATA CONNECTION, NO CONNECTION PRESENT INDICATED BY A STRIKE THROUGH THE LTE LOGO. SCANNED VEHICLE FOR FAULTS, NO RELEVANT FAULT MEMORY STORED. CHECKED SIGNAL FROM ALL FOUR LTE ANTENNAS WHILE PARKED OUTSIDE IN OPEN AIR, ALL VALUES NORMAL, INDICATING AN ISSUE INTERNAL WITH THE CONNECT CONTROL UNIT.
READ AND SENT VAL, REMOVED AND REPLACED CONNECT CONTROL UNIT (EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION). PROGRAMMED TO VEHICLE, CLEARED FAULTS, TESTED AND VERIFIED PROPER OPERATION OF LTE DATA CONNECTION AND CONNECTION TO MyPorsche APP VIA CUSTOMERS LOGIN. VEHICLE OPERATING NORMALLY AFTER REPAIR.
Description
Sponsored