hmmm - my lovely Taycan is limited to 220 miles range - [Edit] I think it's the tires…

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I always thought that the less adhesion there is, the more fuel/energy the car will spend.
It seems, I was wrong. Tomorrow I will post my tires and maybe you can tell me more precisely if that may be or may be not the issue.
I am not an expert and would welcome input from other members, but I would assume that a higher degree of tire adhesion to the road creates more resistance and therefore a higher consumption. But then again, I may be wrong….
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I am not an expert and would welcome input from other members, but I would assume that a higher degree of tire adhesion to the road creates more resistance and therefore a higher consumption. But then again, I may be wrong….
You're right. The stickier the compound, the more resistance. Will be interesting to see how the new Michelin Pilot Sport EV tire performs. (coming to US late 2021 according to Michelin)

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
more grip = less efficient = less range = sporty driving = better performance - it's all trade offs.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My car just sat in my garage for 23 hours and 55 minutes without losing a single battery percentage. Not plugged in.

No Vampire.gif
Assuming it was a Tesla, what model, what production date,, and what version of software is it running?

sotiris

First Name
Sotiris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo (2020)
Country flag
Then, only one theory stands, as it is.
Malfunctioning software.
If anyone gets a response or repair from a dealer, please notify me too. My dealer here is far below Porsche worldwide dealer standards. If you help me, I may aid my dealer find and fix the problem.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Team,

I’ve been driving a Taycan since July 2020 - I’ve made multiple trips in it and often drive long distances - recently my Taycan has stubbornly reported 220 miles range as it’s full charge limit - much lower than I’ve experience in the past - actual driving and battery % confirm that limit - and I’m well aware of the range estimates inaccuracies in it’s distance estiamtes due to recent driving skewing the numbers - consumption has been moderate to ideal and I’ve driven more than 220 miles in the past…

I’m wondering if anyone else has recently noticed their maximum range being limited and/or perhaps this is a change with recent software…

my Taycan is sitting in my garage right now @ 85% SOC and estimated range of 185 miles - that equates to 217.64 miles 100% range - I’m wondering if I should take it to my dealership and have them check the battery…

10/01/2021 Edit: see post #75 - I think it's the tires based on charging/consumption calculations
Strange, I get 240 registered at 85% when I charge. Maybe let it get down real low before recharge.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
March 2020 Model 3 Performance with latest software.
Nice! None of our Teslas ever managed that (except one time, when I parked it for about an hour at a store, my range actually went up by 1 mile, go figure). What temperature outside of the car?

Last edited:

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Nice! None of our Teslas ever managed that (except one time, when I parked it for about an hour at a store, my range actually went up by 1 mile, go figure). What temperature outside of the car?
High 70's / low 80's. Garaged, so no solar load to worry about cabin heat or cooling the batteries.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I just got my CT4S friday and i’m surprised to only read 365 km (228mi) @100%SOC. Should i be concerned ?
i do have 21 CT wheels with pirelli tires.

if i select range mode instead of normal mode i get an extra 6/7 miles or 10 km, no more (AC off)

Does estimated range @100% soc take into account historic driving ?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I just got my CT4S friday and i’m surprised to only read 365 km (228mi) @100%SOC. Should i be concerned ?
i do have 21 CT wheels with pirelli tires.

if i select range mode instead of normal mode i get an extra 6/7 miles or 10 km, no more (AC off)

Does estimated range @100% soc take into account historic driving ?
It’ll probably take a few weeks to go up. When we first got our car, it said 200 miles at 100%. I think it was up to 260 or 280 within 2 weeks and peaked at around 300 or so a little while later. It’s back down to 280 now.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
It’ll probably take a few weeks to go up. When we first got our car, it said 200 miles at 100%. I think it was up to 260 or 280 within 2 weeks and peaked at around 300 or so a little while later. It’s back down to 280 now.
Thanks for your answer ! i hope i will experience the same range increase soon then !

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just keep in mind your range isn't increasing, it's just Porsche's estimate of what your range is based on your recent driving habits.
What about the brake wear-in period during which recuperation is reduced or disabled? Does not not affect the range?
Sponsored