PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hey folks, basically question in topic subject. If car was built summer 22, but before "uPdate" was released , it would already have color icons in PCM. Is there way to verify that actual efficiency updates were applied ?
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't have a strong answer because my 2022 RWD was built in April. The PCM had colored icons when I took delivery on June 11. I just got a letter from PCNA today about the uPdate, so when it happens, I hope I can inform the community about any differences. They're saying Software that was originally designed for the 2023 Taycan is now availble for 2022 Taycan vehicles.

There's been one noticeable change, however, since I took delivery. About three weeks ago I noticed the chassis automatically changing to
Lowered when driving faster than about 55 mph (89 kph) even though I was driving in NORMAL mode. When I pulled up the chassis height on the PCM, only Lowered and Low were active; Normal and Raised were grayed out. The chassis height returned to Normal when I exited the freeway without me doing anything. Anybody else notice this? Perhaps that's one way Porsche promises to improve range?

Porsche Taycan How to visually find out if "uPdate" was applied to 22 Taycan 1661920948074

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't have a strong answer because my 2022 RWD was built in April. The PCM had colored icons when I took delivery on June 11. I just got a letter from PCNA today about the uPdate, so when it happens, I hope I can inform the community about any differences. They're saying Software that was originally designed for the 2023 Taycan is now availble for 2022 Taycan vehicles.

There's been one noticeable change, however, since I took delivery. About three weeks ago I noticed the chassis automatically changing to
Lowered when driving faster than about 55 mph (89 kph) even though I was driving in NORMAL mode. When I pulled up the chassis height on the PCM, only Lowered and Low were active; Normal and Raised were grayed out. The chassis height returned to Normal when I exited the freeway without me doing anything. Anybody else notice this? Perhaps that's one way Porsche promises to improve range?

1661920948074.png
Suspension height on cars with air suspension have always been speed regulated. Perhaps you've not noticed before but what you observed is 100% normal and always has been (across all Porsches with air suspension for many years).

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

1661920948074.png
In Normal and Sport mode the chassis lowers itself during driving over 90kph.
In Sport Plus and Range mode it's a fixed setting.
But.....if you lower the car manually in Normal/Sport mode it'll stay low as long as the car is switched on.
If you switch the car off it'll return to the standard behavior again.
Don't ask me why Porsche overcomplicate things...

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hmmm - so I and others have commented on this before but I manually set my Chassis height to Low (lowest available setting) - I drive 90% of the time in Normal Driving Mode, so leave that as is - and the car/PCM never changes my chassis choice back to normal chassis height after I switch the car off and back on i.e. once I manually set chassis height in Low it stays there.

Again, others have reported the same behaviour in 'newer' builds i.e manually changed Chassis height is retained by the PCM whereas changing Drive mode is not and is what defaults back to Normal on restarting the car.

This might be a late 2021 build feature ie. early and later model 2022 cars - don't really know?!

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Hey folks, basically question in topic subject. If car was built summer 22, but before "uPdate" was released , it would already have color icons in PCM. Is there way to verify that actual efficiency updates were applied ?
I believe (maybe, perhaps, take it with a grain of salt...):

My build (March '22 with color PCM icons) has PCM Software information version: 3776.

After the upgrade you should see 3793.

I have not done the update yet...I'm in no rush, everything works fine.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe (maybe, perhaps, take it with a grain of salt...):

My build (March '22 with color PCM icons) has PCM Software information version: 3776.

After the upgrade you should see 3793.

I have not done the update yet...I'm in no rush, everything works fine.
Where do we check that ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hmmm - so I and others have commented on this before but I manually set my Chassis height to Low (lowest available setting) - I drive 90% of the time in Normal Driving Mode, so leave that as is - and the car/PCM never changes my chassis choice back to normal chassis height after I switch the car off and back on i.e. once I manually set chassis height in Low it stays there.

Again, others have reported the same behaviour in 'newer' builds i.e manually changed Chassis height is retained by the PCM whereas changing Drive mode is not and is what defaults back to Normal on restarting the car.

This might be a late 2021 build feature ie. early and later model 2022 cars - don't really know?!
Doesn't happen on UK spec cars - car will always reset and self level to Normal height.

Same holds true with Smart Lift - height auto resets to Normal after a certain low speed.

I don't see the logic of height settings being retained given the car auto adjusts the height for aero reasons at various speeds and further defined by drive mode. In each of the drive modes the car will lower to low and lowest respectively depending on speed and drive mode.

For this not to function accordingly feels like a potential fault.

I've had Cayennes, Macans and Panameras all with air suspension and each behave similarly and the Taycan is no exception.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I received the same letter, which leaves me confused…. Here’s a snapshot of the software screen. April ‘22 build.
Porsche Taycan How to visually find out if "uPdate" was applied to 22 Taycan 1661964586630

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Doesn't happen on UK spec cars - car will always reset and self level to Normal height.

Same holds true with Smart Lift - height auto resets to Normal after a certain low speed.

I don't see the logic of height settings being retained given the car auto adjusts the height for aero reasons at various speeds and further defined by drive mode. In each of the drive modes the car will lower to low and lowest respectively depending on speed and drive mode.

For this not to function accordingly feels like a potential fault.

I've had Cayennes, Macans and Panameras all with air suspension and each behave similarly and the Taycan is no exception.
No exception in your area perhaps - most def not the case in my car in US spec as have many other US mbrs shared already.

The 'logic' for me (and more of having the choice) is that for 90% of local driving I am under 60 mph (off highway speed limits, local roads, traffic, lights etc.) but prefer the look and feel of a lowered car, hence why I have it in Low - most def not alone in wanting that look :)! Retention of that setting is a major benefit to me in not having to reset this every time I get in the car but obviously YMMV!

I have not tested smart lift as TBH I have never really used it but would be curious to see if after use it too resets to my manually selected ride height as it does in drive modes.

Last edited:
OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received the same letter, which leaves me confused…. Here’s a snapshot of the software screen. April ‘22 build.
1661964586630.jpeg
When you took delivery? And have you been to dealer after that?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
But.....if you lower the car manually in Normal/Sport mode it'll stay low as long as the car is switched on.
If you switch the car off it'll return to the standard behavior again.
Thst was before uPdate.
now, it stays low (in Normal) until you change, or switch to Gravel.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee