Is this what I think it is? Electrical system error

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
Hi all, got into my car this evening after it has been parked in my garage all day (not plugged in) and everything electrical inside powered up (unlocked, displays powered up, radio turned on, etc.) along with an error message “Electrical System Error > Park vehicle in a safe place”. I can’t put the car in reverse or park. I tried plugging in my charger and got an error in the car “charging is not possible”.

Is this the dreaded 12v issue? Am I bricked? Call dealer and have them put it on a flat bed? I can’t put it in reverse so how the F are they going to get it out of my garage!?

2 pictures included
Porsche Taycan Is this what I think it is? Electrical system error 7B88DC04-83D2-46F4-9D73-02926394C88A

Porsche Taycan Is this what I think it is? Electrical system error AB55E089-2696-4346-885C-EB04E8CB0462

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not the 12v battery because computers and screens are on. However it might be the big battery. Good luck.

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not the 12v battery because computers and screens are on. However it might be the big battery. Good luck.
Oh great….

Going to let it rest for a few minutes (locked) and go back and try again. Seems to be the fix for most Taycan software / tech issues. Will report back for future viewers of this thread

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh great….

Going to let it rest for a few minutes (locked) and go back and try again. Seems to be the fix for most Taycan software / tech issues. Will report back for future viewers of this thread
Rest and restart is the fix for most yellow warnings. But almost everyone who had a red electrical error, eventually ended with a dead car which required some hardware part to be replaced. In some cases restarting appeared to have solved the problem but only for a few days.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/stupid-stupid-stupid-electrical-system-fault.6359/

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rest and restart is the fix for most yellow warnings. But almost everyone who had a red electrical error, eventually ended with a dead car which required some hardware part to be replaced. In some cases restarting appeared to have solved the problem but only for a few days.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/stupid-stupid-stupid-electrical-system-fault.6359/
Update: It’s fixed. I let it sit for a bit, tried it again, and it’s working perfectly fine now.

Have to love it.

It’s sort of like the old Nintendo games where you would take the cartridge out, blow on it, put it back in… and like magic… it would work again. Except now with a car 1000x the $… :rolleyes:

OP
OP
mc9er

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
these threads are making me nervous getting one for my wife as DD
Honestly… there are some bugs. But only 2 years into a brand new piece of tech and somewhat expected. Some of the stuff is inexcusable (12v battery issues, the recall for power dropping while driving, etc. … which Porsche has worked on and is - or has - corrected)… but man, a lot of the small bugs / annoyance goes away when behind the wheel and cruising. Truly a masterful car (and under warranty!)

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
Honestly… there are some bugs. But only 2 years into a brand new piece of tech and somewhat expected. Some of the stuff is inexcusable (12v battery issues, the recall for power dropping while driving, etc. … which Porsche has worked on and is - or has - corrected)… but man, a lot of the small bugs / annoyance goes away when behind the wheel and cruising. Truly a masterful car (and under warranty!)
stupid bugs i can put up with. annoying like my old macan parking sensors going off whenever a ford drove by was tolerable. but battery failures and dead cars not so much. i know the rate is probably low, but if it happens to you its a terrible experience.

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
Its exactly the same issue I had. It came back. Been waiting 5 weeks for new big battery

550superfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine went in December, fair bit of work done. All fixed now and no faults.
Range is a little down, was 230, now 200 miles. And seems to use more miles. drive 50 and its down to 125 - maybe its the cold weather, will see if it improves.

Battery Condition -
Faults for the high voltage convertor that line up with the warnings in the instrument cluster, I am awaiting a technical ticket from Porsche as to whether to replace this and the high voltage charger in the car.
Both replaced.

Air Conditioning -
There is a pressure sensor failure for the air con system, I will be replacing all 3 sensors involved and this should resolve the pre heat

Warning Lights (inc ignition, engine oil etc) -
I am investigating the various intermittent warning lights, please note the warnings for the front camera needing to be cleaned are either a dirty screen or mist between the camera and the screen, this should self clear after a few minutes once the camera screen heater warms up and clears it. I will update here once I have completed my diagnosis. UPDATE: please see the reports on the high voltage battery, AC and instruments

Instruments -
Looking into a speaker fault for the E sound, difficult one as currently not present. UPDATE: I am replacing the front speaker for the engine sound due to it faulting twice

Operate External lights
There is a coding update to rectify the inverted message problem, I will complete this during the other repairs