gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Firstly .. thanks all for making this a fun forum to follow, knowledge and experience here is amazing

Just cancelled my 4S TCT order with Reading OPC and they are refunding the deposit, reason being is the buying experience and the OPC attituide is just pants. I ordered back in Dec 2021. The Sales guy & had prior sales together as I had over the last few years bought 2 other cars from him, we knew it was along wait and that fitted well as I had not wanted to take delivery until the current Cayenne Hybrid was > 3 years old which would have occurred in Dec 2022. All looked like it lined up. But good old Sales guy left the OPC in January and I have never met my newly allocated sales guy except by email. Received an email couple of weeks ago offering me a build slot of end Sept 2022 with delivery in Oct, while earlier than I really wanted I was ok with it, so requested a Test drive as we had never even sat in a car and having agree with original sales guy we would do the physical look and test drive some time later when we knew a better delivery. Was told no test drives at all, no even attempt to get me in any TCT or even any Taycan and even was advised to call and "try" and use my Silverstone Experience to get into a "TCT test drive" and to buy another experience so my wife could her "test drive".

This would have been my 14th Porsche and was just the worse buying experience ever, so just decided to bin it, leave it a few years, keep the Cayenne, maybe see what the EV Maycan comes out like etc.

Wishing all the UK owners and prospective owners on here the best and thanks again
Sponsored

OP
OP
gdavison

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So because of one crappy salesman experience you’ll go without the car you want think you want but have never driven or even sat in one physically for now?
Close - I edited your post, I didn't say I'd never buy a Porsche again or maybe go again on TCT when the world calms down, just not buying this time

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
Could you have just asked to work with a different sales advisor? Porsche isn’t Nissan, if you went to the sales manager and explained the situation, I’m sure they would have attempted to remedy it somehow.

And if you purchased the car and didn’t like it, you could have always sold it for a profit (there would have been very little risk on your part).

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Firstly .. thanks all for making this a fun forum to follow, knowledge and experience here is amazing

Just cancelled my 4S TCT order with Reading OPC and they are refunding the deposit, reason being is the buying experience and the OPC attituide is just pants. I ordered back in Dec 2021. The Sales guy & had prior sales together as I had over the last few years bought 2 other cars from him, we knew it was along wait and that fitted well as I had not wanted to take delivery until the current Cayenne Hybrid was > 3 years old which would have occurred in Dec 2022. All looked like it lined up. But good old Sales guy left the OPC in January and I have never met my newly allocated sales guy except by email. Received an email couple of weeks ago offering me a build slot of end Sept 2022 with delivery in Oct, while earlier than I really wanted I was ok with it, so requested a Test drive as we had never even sat in a car and having agree with original sales guy we would do the physical look and test drive some time later when we knew a better delivery. Was told no test drives at all, no even attempt to get me in any TCT or even any Taycan and even was advised to call and "try" and use my Silverstone Experience to get into a "TCT test drive" and to buy another experience so my wife could her "test drive".

This would have been my 14th Porsche and was just the worse buying experience ever, so just decided to bin it, leave it a few years, keep the Cayenne, maybe see what the EV Maycan comes out like etc.

Wishing all the UK owners and prospective owners on here the best and thanks again
Who was the new sales guy? Just placed an order with them yesterday for a CT 4S..... I should have bought your slot off you!

It took me a couple of weeks to get a test drive in a saloon GTS with Reading no CTs available but another dealer had a couple of CTs with no problem getting a drive.

I wonder if they will move everyone up the queue or take your slot and take the car themselves register it as a demo and sell for a premium. Being owed by AG you'd hope not.

OP
OP
gdavison

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Could you have just asked to work with a different sales advisor? Porsche isn’t Nissan, if you went to the sales manager and explained the situation, I’m sure they would have attempted to remedy it somehow.
I did, he supported the position his advisor took .. I have previously bought 13 Porsche's from this OPC .. including a couple from the Manager when he was a Sales Advisor so know him fairly well

Any how .. all water under bridge, as I said in first post, will leave it for a couple years, stay a Porsche owner with the Cayenne and the GTS and look again at options some time in the future

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Farewell ... but you have no idea what you are missing :angel:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Speak to the DP instead. I'm sure they'll have made more of an effort.

My initial experience with Porsche Silverstone was terrible. While they did let me test drive a 4S CT unaccompanied for 30 minutes, they never followed up. Dealer seemed completely disinterested.

I went to Leicester instead. Dealer made way more effort.

They even accompanied me for the test drive.

Silverstone eventually got in touch after a couple of weeks to ask how I wanted to proceed. I told them not to worry, Leicester had my deposit...

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Farewell ... but you have no idea what you are missing :angel:
I agree! After about 6 months, I received my 2022 4SCT. I don't think I've ever been happier, right out of the box, with a car. My PCM still has monochromatic icons and I haven't had a glitch (yet), charging has been super easy, and the ride... just WOW. Comfort, speed, handling... just WOW.

Reactions: B61

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
see what the EV Maycan comes out like etc.
I reckon the wait times for these will go through the roof!! Get on the waiting list now if you're interested in one. From what I have heard, waiting lists are already in double digits!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I did, he supported the position his advisor took .. I have previously bought 13 Porsche's from this OPC .. including a couple from the Manager when he was a Sales Advisor so know him fairly well

Any how .. all water under bridge, as I said in first post, will leave it for a couple years, stay a Porsche owner with the Cayenne and the GTS and look again at options some time in the future
There is a level of maturity and logic in your decision making here. As much as I am looking forward to receiving my car, I must admit that it’s an appliance that I can live without. I came close to canceling my order as well based on the overall experience…which has been near worst in class for me (although a slightly different situation than your experience). I am sticking it with but only out of sheer curiosity on how this saga will end. I too, would prefer to buy a car during more normal times…

Best of luck to you.

PS, I do recommend continuing your pursuit of a test drive though. It will be helpful to have that datapoint when you ultimately have to make the decision between this vehicle and others that will be available in the future.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I have to say that the guys in Solihull have kept me up to date and have been very helpful.
Sadly, my local dealer is the polar opposite. I tried to buy a Macan GTS a few years ago and walked out due to the aggressive nature of the finance guy pushing GAP and other insurance products.
Before i decided on the GTS, i arranged what i thought was a test drive of a 4s or Turbo. What i got was 10 mins in a base Taycan. No call prior, no apology etc.
Visited just a week or so ago with my sons to see a 911 with the GTS Race-Tex interior. Was ignored for 40 mins and then once the sales guy realised that i had already ordered was totally disinterested in answering any questions. I will never buy a car from them!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My car was my first Porsche and the dealer experience was far from ideal.

But it all happened during lockdown - so I have them the benefit of the doubt.

In the meantime I have moved to another dealer for all onward needs. They have been light years better to date.

One more thing.....i bet there are going to be cancelled orders left, right and centre come the Autumn onwards - with the way things are shaping up.
There are going to be lots of people with reduced spending capacity for luxury cars very soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: