First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
Hey guys,
My freeze date magically changed today from TBD to 4/1 out of nowhere - yes, the 4/1 that was 5 days ago!! I thought I had at least a few more weeks to prepare for the big day. I was still able to make some changes today through my SA and, according to him, I may have the morning tomorrow for any final tweaks. I'd just like to make sure I didn't miss anything stupid. After countless hours reading through this forum, here's where I landed. I had a tough time deciding between optioning Window Trim and Model Designation in high gloss black or just leaving it chrome. The last option I am considering adding is the roof lining in RaceTex. All feedback welcome! Thanks in advance.

Porsche Taycan Last Minute 4S Build Feedback Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 11.35.21 PM

Porsche Taycan Last Minute 4S Build Feedback Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 11.35.34 PM

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Excellent News.
it means the factory has started up or is about to!

I could not bring myself to order a race tex roof lining when the roof is mainly glass! It’s no cheaper to just get the bits around the glass. Nice but VERY expensive.

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I'd probably skip the power port covers and the under door light projectors and go for the seat massage function instead. Other than that it looks great! Gentian Blue is my favorite Taycan color.

OP
OP
btaback

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent News.
it means the factory has started up or is about to!

I could not bring myself to order a race tex roof lining when the roof is mainly glass! It’s no cheaper to just get the bits around the glass. Nice but VERY expensive.
Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I was quite surprised...the estimated arrival date is now earlier than what it was originally. Thanks for the feedback, I love the RaceTex but agree that it is overpriced for cars with pano roof...probably gonna skip it.

OP
OP
btaback

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd probably skip the power port covers and the under door light projectors and go for the seat massage function instead. Other than that it looks great! Gentian Blue is my favorite Taycan color.
I have massage in the build already! Gentian was a complete 180 for me...never really considered it until they put a gun to my head yesterday...was choosing between Chalk and Ice for the last number of months. Go figure!

Last edited:

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Trust me - you will not regret choosing Gentian Blue. My car arrived at the dealer last Friday and that color is truly stunning.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I had that Blue on a Macan a few years ago. When clean, it looks awesome…lots of compliments from neighbors and strangers.

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I totally missed that you had massage—guess I was thinking about the one feature I really wish I had on my car. I also need to use my reading glasses—doh!

OP
OP
btaback

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I totally missed that you had massage—guess I was thinking about the one feature I really wish I had on my car. I also need to use my reading glasses—doh!
LOL, I totally understand! To be fair, it was buried all the way down on the spec!

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Looking at your specification I have noticed there might be $20k of extras that are standard on the GTS!
Including……..a race tex roof lining!
It might not work out much more expensive to have a GTS??
Something else to think about!

OP
OP
btaback

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looking at your specification I have noticed there might be $20k of extras that are standard on the GTS!
Including……..a race tex roof lining!
It might not work out much more expensive to have a GTS??
Something else to think about!
Definitely a fair point and one I did consider. But I’ve got the allocation and the car is due in late June so I’m in it to win it!
Sponsored