Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718S Range Rover Vogue Ordered CT4T
Country flag
Collected my car last Friday , they didn’t say anything about the roof, other than they get contractors in to fit them
So fingers cross for this being the third roof!
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Collected my car last Friday , they didn’t say anything about the roof, other than they get contractors in to fit them
So fingers cross for this being the third roof!
Which dealer?

Gary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718S Range Rover Vogue Ordered CT4T
Country flag
Colchester

drewbam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was finally able to speak to a local body shop that has done 5 or 6 roof replacements and they said that they always remove the windshield because it's the easiest way to get the headliner out of the car. Typically, because the adhesive is so strong, the windshield breaks in the process, which precipitates the installation of a new windshield.

OP
OP
batteredhaddock

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
3 weeks post replacement. This seems to be fixed now.
Don’t want to jinx it but yep, just done about 1500 miles in last couple of weeks and so far so good. Been through plenty of temperature cycles in the last 4 or so weeks too 🤞

Afliss

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 porsche cross turismo 4
Country flag
I'm looking for success. My CT4 will shortly be getting its 4th roof, and there is no sign that the problem is under control. FYI I have factory installed roof rack rails. This was embedded in the original roof! I should have left it there.
Porsche Taycan Lasted 9 days (Panoramic roof) 1679921998885

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I'm looking for success. My CT4 will shortly be getting its 4th roof, and there is no sign that the problem is under control. FYI I have factory installed roof rack rails. This was embedded in the original roof! I should have left it there.
1679921998885.png
Did the first roof cracked or was it changed solely to get rid of that mark?

Afliss

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did the first roof cracked or was it changed solely to get rid of that mark?
I had it changed because I was concerned that the defect (between glass panes) would weaken the roof. Isn't that ironic?

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Add me to this unfortunate stat for my MY23 CT4 11/22 build with 800 miles. Crack originates right under the rear driver side roof rail and spreads out toward the middle of the roof. Tiny 1/16" missing piece of glass right under the roof rail on the outside. Dealer is saying Porsche will probably deny warranty repair because of this exterior chip.

I don't see how anything could fall on the roof at such a weird angle to hit only that tiny spot under the rail and completely missed the rail entirely since there's no scratch or damage at all to the rail.

Dealer is billing me first for taking the headliner apart this week to find the actual cause and hopefully it is something the warranty will cover.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
But rest assured, if it's on the inside part you'll be fine, no water will enter.
Even if it would, you can't do anything about it.
Yes you can, gaffer tape until it's replaced. Doesn't look pretty, but would keep the water out.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Add me to this unfortunate stat for my MY23 CT4 11/22 build with 800 miles. Crack originates right under the rear driver side roof rail and spreads out toward the middle of the roof. Tiny 1/16" missing piece of glass right under the roof rail on the outside. Dealer is saying Porsche will probably deny warranty repair because of this exterior chip.

I don't see how anything could fall on the roof at such a weird angle to hit only that tiny spot under the rail and completely missed the rail entirely since there's no scratch or damage at all to the rail.

Dealer is billing me first for taking the headliner apart this week to find the actual cause and hopefully it is something the warranty will cover.
Sorry to hear. Which dealer is this?

Afliss

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Even if the final factor was contact by a foreign body, it's fairly clear that these roofs are under constant stress by poor design. There is no plausible reason that porsche shouldn't cover this defect. The CT should be recalled.
Sponsored