jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I Just called my local dealer (not where I purchased the car) about the ANA6 update and asked them if they would be able to perform this for me, as it is listed as a recall for my 2022 CT4 in my.porsche.com.

After being placed on hold for about 10 minutes, the service advisor said their one Taycan tech was the shop foreman and he was in a meeting, so he would have to call me back. Doesn't sound like they know what's going on either....
Sponsored

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just made an appointment for my Taycan to get the update at my local service center and they tell me that there is no software update.
Can I ask what dealer you called ? I purchased my CT from Porsche Stevens Creek and I think I'll call them if I never hear back from the local dealer (Niello in Rocklin)..

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Can I ask what dealer you called ? I purchased my CT from Porsche Stevens Creek and I think I'll call them if I never hear back from the local dealer (Niello in Rocklin)..
My dealer is also Porsche Stevens Creek. My advisor there (Ron) is telling me that he is unaware of any new software update for the Taycan (note: I have a MY20, so it may only be about that year). As an aside, he also tells me that for the recall of the seat wiring, there "are no instructions" on how to fix it, so we have a recall item, wherein we have been notified, but no known remedy.

This would be funny if.....oh hell, it's never funny.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer is also Porsche Stevens Creek. My advisor there (Ron) is telling me that he is unaware of any new software update for the Taycan (note: I have a MY20, so it may only be about that year). As an aside, he also tells me that for the recall of the seat wiring, there "are no instructions" on how to fix it, so we have a recall item, wherein we have been notified, but no known remedy.
I actually just spoke to someone at Porsche North America (they actually called me about something else...) and asked about the ANA6 update. He said he believed its actually not available yet, so all dealerships may not have the current information.

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Lots of mixed messages here. Just spoke with my SA and he claims they have an update and have been instructed by Porsche to apply and Patch 2021 Taycans first and then move up to the new 2022’s which are in stock and on hold. They feel we should be ready to update the latest cars by 7/22.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
FWIW, I stopped by my dealership and the service manager looked at her monitor in front of me. Confirmed the ANA6 campaign is listed for my 22 4SCT but was not released by PCNA to update yet.

Taycanpwr

First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Apologies, I’ve been offline for over a month as depressing to be on the forum when my car was being repaired.

anyway, not sure if this is new news but major software announcement on July 13th and it will apply to 2020 vehicles onwards

what’s coming…..

Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
For Porsche Communication Management, the software update includes new functions as well as various functional improvements. They include the following updates:
- Colourful tile design on the home screen

- Optimisation of the search for charging stations in the Finder: Charging station can be filtered and selected according to charging capacity

- Wireless utilisation of Android Auto® app

- Simplification of voice control

- Tethering: Sharing the WLAN connection integrated in the vehicle with other WLAN-capable devices, only in conjunction with a chargeable data package.

- Due to technical reasons, the AM radio function is no longer offered (country-dependent offer)

Thermal management
Better conditioning of the battery, especially at low outside temperatures, means that your Taycan can be fast-charged quicker than before and the range is noticeably optimised.

Drive*
You are the owner of an all-wheel drive Taycan: The drive force distribution on the front and rear axle as well as the disconnection of the drive of the front axle have been improved. In combination, this leads to an increase in efficiency and further optimisation of reach. The drive distribution display is moved from the instrument cluster to the central display for improved viewing.

Enablement of functions after vehicle purchase (Function on Demand)
Activation of your vehicle's keyless opening function (KESSY) as well as opening the rear lid with a foot movement can now be purchased at a later date.
* The innovations depend on the vehicle equipment and the model year
Apologies, I’ve been offline for over a month as depressing to be on the forum when my car was being repaired.

anyway, not sure if this is new news but major software announcement on July 13th and it will apply to 2020 vehicles onwards

what’s coming…..

Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
For Porsche Communication Management, the software update includes new functions as well as various functional improvements. They include the following updates:
- Colourful tile design on the home screen

- Optimisation of the search for charging stations in the Finder: Charging station can be filtered and selected according to charging capacity

- Wireless utilisation of Android Auto® app

- Simplification of voice control

- Tethering: Sharing the WLAN connection integrated in the vehicle with other WLAN-capable devices, only in conjunction with a chargeable data package.

- Due to technical reasons, the AM radio function is no longer offered (country-dependent offer)

Thermal management
Better conditioning of the battery, especially at low outside temperatures, means that your Taycan can be fast-charged quicker than before and the range is noticeably optimised.

Drive*
You are the owner of an all-wheel drive Taycan: The drive force distribution on the front and rear axle as well as the disconnection of the drive of the front axle have been improved. In combination, this leads to an increase in efficiency and further optimisation of reach. The drive distribution display is moved from the instrument cluster to the central display for improved viewing.

Enablement of functions after vehicle purchase (Function on Demand)
Activation of your vehicle's keyless opening function (KESSY) as well as opening the rear lid with a foot movement can now be purchased at a later date.
* The innovations depend on the vehicle equipment and the model year
i just contacted my sales guy because I can’t get my car until the update happens and he said they haven’t heard anything about that…. Where did this info come from ?

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
FWIW, I stopped by my dealership and the service manager looked at her monitor in front of me. Confirmed the ANA6 campaign is listed for my 22 4SCT but was not released by PCNA to update yet.
I dropped off my 4S today for a backlog of campaigns. I was told that there are two new ones listed for my car but that they would not be available for this visit. I guess I have to come back... At least they have nice snacks at Porsche Westwood. :)

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Actually, why is everybody excited about the ANA6 campaign? I don't really recall my screen ever flickering.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Actually, why is everybody excited about the ANA6 campaign? I don't really recall my screen ever flickering.
  1. Because it’s blocking deliveries with a stop sale.
  2. Because the ANA6 resolution seems to be tied up in this anticipated 6.x PCM release and the ANA6 communications, opaque as they have been, have been the only verifiable visibility to this forthcoming release.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer now confirmed this update and says first week of august is when they start doing it in Switzerland. I think in that week the official news will be coming out.
Sponsored