TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Hi, thanks for having me! Just got my 2020 Taycan 4S. Upgraded from my 2013 Boxster S. Needing all my computer gaming and software skills to work out setup, connect and operation.... - but drives like a dream!
Options: Premium & Performance Packages, Performance Battery Plus, PSCB, Mission-E, Olea Leather, Race-Tex Roof Lining, F/R Seat Heating, Passenger Display.
Likes: Performance, Comfortable Ride, High-quality interior finish, Gadgetry, Looks, USB-C ports.
Dislikes: Reverse parking - (Surround Camera fish-eye effects - cant distinguish objects or lines easily - my 2018 Macan does that a lot better), Wired Apple Car-Play, Bose so-so.
Regrets: not ordering black window trims, 2+1 Seats, Burmester, Adaptive Cruise Control)
Will have dashcam installed and ceramic coating done in the next few weeks.

Anthony
Sponsored

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
Hi Everyone:

I just placed my order for a 4S. The estimated arrival at my Dealer is May 28. I debated holding off to wait for more bugs to be worked out and the US nation-wide DC fast charging infrastructure to continue to build out.

In addition, I live 200 miles from my dealer, but I have to say that after the past year of lock down challenges, tackling Taycan challenges will be a welcome change!

I'll be leaning on this Forum to read all of your experiences, advice, and lessons learned.

Cheers!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
NW England here.

Will be my first EV and first Porsche.

Specced a car up and was just about to put deposit down when I hit a roadblock with current insurer (LV don't insure Taycans!).

Found this place after searching for 'Taycan insurance forum'

Just need to make sure insurance is possible and not stupidly expensive and will then get deposit down.

Will be going RWD, probably Ice blue.

Looking forward to getting some knowledge from here before firming up the order.

D_Frost

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GLE, Vantage
Hello everyone! I’m in the process of researching my purchase of the Taycan and looking to join everyone on this forum. Thank you in advance for all the insights and recommendations!

Anoop

First Name
Anoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hi All,
This is Anoop from the Netherlands.

Signed last week for a Taycan RWD. This wil be my first EV and first Porsche. My current car is a BMW 420i GranCoupe.

The Taycan is scheduled for may 2021 and I ordered the color Carrara white with some options like pano-roof, park camera, comfort-seats with memory, 2+1 back seats, BOSE surround system, charging dock at home.
Can't wait to be part of the family :)
Have a nice day all.

Snappy77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello All,

Picked-up my 2021 4S in Southern California last week, hopped in without any instruction and immediately drove it home to Phoenix, AZ. Thought I might have to end up spending the night in Blyth, CA but I figured out how to juice up and made it home with a huge smile on my face. It was a ton of fun!

I've only had about 2,000 people in Arizona stop and ask me about this car. This is not a vehicle to own if you're in the witness protection program!

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
New member saying hello :like:
Just placed my order for a dolomite silver 4s and the long wait begins.

Spec includes:
battery
18 way seats
mission e wheels with upgraded brakes
folding / dimming mirrors
side skirts
bose
sport chrono
privacy glass
gloss black window trim
surround view
sport sound

Can’t wait for it to arrive...

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello from Lakeland, Florida, best known for its Sun N Fun Fly-In each spring, about 35 miles east of Tampa. I am usually not great at answering questions on forums, but am pretty good at asking them.

Fastest and best car I ever owned was a C6 Corvette, and I expect the Taycan 4S to be as much fun or better. With corvettes, it's all about the mods you make, and I followed suit, bolted on a set of headers, got a retune, and dropped the zero to 60 from 4.5 to, surprise, 3.8, same as the 4S ! Now if I could magically drop say 500 or 1,000 lbs from the 4S curb weight......WOW !

The projected delivery on my 4S is not until September per my dealer, tho I got a super deal, thanks to Amelen, a member on this forum. Give him a shout. I recommend him highly.

I hope someday that Porsche brings out a 2 seat version of this car as I will buy it! Are you listening Germany?

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Any options on the part leather interior - what’s the dash like

BuckStrom

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello All,

Picked-up my 2021 4S in Southern California last week, hopped in without any instruction and immediately drove it home to Phoenix, AZ. Thought I might have to end up spending the night in Blyth, CA but I figured out how to juice up and made it home with a huge smile on my face. It was a ton of fun!

I've only had about 2,000 people in Arizona stop and ask me about this car. This is not a vehicle to own if you're in the witness protection program!
Snappy. I am wondering whether you bought your Taycan at Porsche Irvine. I saw a frozen blue Taycan in the showroom and before I could pull the trigger, it was sold. They were able to find another for me, and I am 5 days into my love affair.

Buck

Snappy77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Snappy. I am wondering whether you bought your Taycan at Porsche Irvine. I saw a frozen blue Taycan in the showroom and before I could pull the trigger, it was sold. They were able to find another for me, and I am 5 days into my love affair.

Buck
Hey, Buck - not me. Picked mine up at Porsche Ontario. Congrats on your purchase! Now we must find the Irvine person!!

Jsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello all! Just took possession of my Taycan 4S on 3/15. It’s a 2020 but I got a REALLY good deal on it as it was older model year close out. I’m in suburbs north of Dallas, if you see a Mamba Green one around it’s probably me!

As for options:
-Performance and Premium packages
-Side skirts
-Performance plus battery
-Sports chrono
- Carbon fiber interior accents and GT carbon fiber steering wheel
- body color door handles
-2+1 seats
- passenger display

I have the 20” turbo aero wheels but am thinking about switching.
Sponsored

Last edited: