WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
+1 including the summer performance Pirelli NF0’s on my 21”wheels which btw have been excellent to date.
Mine. I have read so many posts on here complaining about them making too much noise so when I saw them on my car I was nervous. But so far they’re super quiet.
Sponsored

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
Porsche Hong Kong told me warranty could be affected if did not use N spec tires.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My Taycan 4S was delivered with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s and so far they seem fine. When these wear out I'll probably switch to all seasons.

Deleted member 6348

If you want the best performance out of your Porsche, it’s worth waiting for Porsche N-spec tires.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you want the best performance out of your Porsche, it’s worth waiting for Porsche N-spec tires.
I don't think they ever released N-spec PS4S tires for my 991.
I still found they outperformed N-rated P-Zeros.

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag
The Pilot 4S is a great tire. By far my favorite over any manufacturer.

It is true that tire manufacturers develop a specific spec for OEM's. Such as the N0 spec for Porsche or the specific Sport Cup 2 compound used on the Shelby GT500. The benefits of these specifications can range from specific performance thresholds on track, or to achieve a specific NVH requirements.

With a top tier manufacturer like Michelin they are going to provide a minimum level of performance to be commensurate with the class of tire, and enough safety to ensure roadworthiness on any tire they produce. In most cases, on all of our client wheel builds the 4S ends up being a superior tire over what the vehicle came with. Always ensuring the tire is within the vehicle's weight limit and specifications.

I have Pilot 4S on my Taycan now and will 1000% plan to use the 4S on the next set of wheels I build also. They ride smooth, quiet, grip extremely well, minimize body roll and have great longevity.

Porsche Taycan Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (PS4S) Now Available in 21" Taycan Size! SV104 Taycan Brushed Aluminum Daytime-14
Porsche Taycan Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (PS4S) Now Available in 21" Taycan Size! SV104 Taycan Brushed Aluminum Daytime-04

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The Pilot 4S is a great tire. By far my favorite over any manufacturer.

It is true that tire manufacturers develop a specific spec for OEM's. Such as the N0 spec for Porsche or the specific Sport Cup 2 compound used on the Shelby GT500. The benefits of these specifications can range from specific performance thresholds on track, or to achieve a specific NVH requirements.

With a top tier manufacturer like Michelin they are going to provide a minimum level of performance to be commensurate with the class of tire, and enough safety to ensure roadworthiness on any tire they produce. In most cases, on all of our client wheel builds the 4S ends up being a superior tire over what the vehicle came with. Always ensuring the tire is within the vehicle's weight limit and specifications.

I have Pilot 4S on my Taycan now and will 1000% plan to use the 4S on the next set of wheels I build also. They ride smooth, quiet, grip extremely well, minimize body roll and have great longevity.

SV104 Taycan Brushed Aluminum Daytime-14.jpg
SV104 Taycan Brushed Aluminum Daytime-04.jpg
Have always used 4S’s on my cars - proven excellent tires and agreed, best I’ve used too, but have not actually looked up their load rating - as others have said the latest round of N-spec ‘Elect’ tires potentially have stronger sidewalk compounds/structure to cope with the added EV load - are the std 4S options safe to use in this regard with mega heavy EV’s or is there increased risk of excessive sidewall compression and thus of puncture if making contact with any edge?
The other factor might be excessive thread wear relative to EV specific tire compounds but again have not researched as yet - which seems to be a trend here! :)
P.S. also kinda like the idea of a the 4S on my 4S ;)

Last edited:

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have always used 4S’s on my cars - proven excellent tires and agreed, best I’ve used too, but have not actually looked up their load rating - as others have said the latest round of N-spec ‘Elect’ tires potentially have stronger sidewalk compounds/structure to cope with the added EV load - are the std 4S options safe to use in this regard with mega heavy EV’s or is there increased risk of excessive sidewall compression and thus of puncture if making contact with any edge?
The other factor might be excessive thread wear relative to EV specific tire compounds but again have not researched as yet - which seems to be a trend here! :)
P.S. also kinda like the idea of a the 4S on my 4S ;)
Haha that’s pretty clever “I got 4S on my 4S.”

The tire specs will be visible on the Michelin website though. As long as it covers the weight rating you will be good.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The XL weight rating appeared to match the Contis I have now.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Are you using that "Mercedes Spec" rear tire currently?

I'd like to see what that looks like on the wheel.

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you using that "Mercedes Spec" rear tire currently?

I'd like to see what that looks like on the wheel.
I will have to check. I don’t think the side wall is any different. Only Porsche has the unique side wall deal with Michelin
Sponsored