SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Apparently, Porsche cancelled the s/w patch and released a *newer* patch. My dealer said they couldn't apply the patch because Porsche asked to pull it and apply a new one.
I really wish Porsche knows what they're doing...

At this point, the above guys with the DME patch already may need to revisit the dealership to get the newer patch...

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apparently, Porsche cancelled the s/w patch and released a *newer* patch. My dealer said they couldn't apply the patch because Porsche asked to pull it and apply a new one.
I really wish Porsche knows what they're doing...

At this point, the above guys with the DME patch already may need to revisit the dealership to get the newer patch...
So did you get the newer patch or nothing?
It feels as if we are their beta testers.

Last edited:

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
So did you get the newer patch or nothing?

It feels we are testers for this crappy software.
Not yet, the dealer told me that they're going to *try* the new patch today but he was not sure.
At this point, I kinda lost confidence if the new s/w actually will resolve the motor control issue.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The AMB5 (recently updated to AMB6) is the software update required. As has been correctly stated, Porsche has put a “Stop Sale” on all unsold cars and have directed to the dealers that no test drives are to be given until this update has been installed.

I picked up my car on Monday, nearly a week after it was delivered to the dealer as my Taycan was directly affected by this “Stop Sale” order. My dealer performed the update on Monday morning and it took about an hour. Once completed, I was able to pick up my car Monday afternoon and take ownership.

I'm confident that this update will put an end to this controversy. Finger crossed...

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm confident that this update will put an end to this controversy. Finger crossed...
well, so was I when I got the update 3 weeks ago but now I am hearing that I might need another update (AMB6 ?) for the update (DME + PE upgrade) of the update (WMA5)....
How can you feel confident after all this?

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The AMB5 (recently updated to AMB6) is the software update required. As has been correctly stated, Porsche has put a “Stop Sale” on all unsold cars and have directed to the dealers that no test drives are to be given until this update has been installed.

I picked up my car on Monday, nearly a week after it was delivered to the dealer as my Taycan was directly affected by this “Stop Sale” order. My dealer performed the update on Monday morning and it took about an hour. Once completed, I was able to pick up my car Monday afternoon and take ownership.

You may want to check with your dealer again.
I believe my dealership tried to apply the new version (not newer, I guess AMB6?) yesterday (Tue) but the new one was pulled off by Porsche. My impression is that the newer version will come out today (seems not even released yet).

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My dealer said they've finished patching the s/w but the Porsche Connect has been down nationwide, so they can't finish the update. At this point, I don't think I understand what's going on.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
well, so was I when I got the update 3 weeks ago but now I am hearing that I might need another update (AMB6 ?) for the update (DME + PE upgrade) of the update (WMA5)....
How can you feel confident after all this?
Folks, if you have lost confidence & faith in the Brand, perhaps you should move on?? So much doubt on this forum that Porsche can sort things out.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag

Did you get the update that was released last Thursday? Or is there yet another one more current than that? If so very curious why the Thursday patch was pulled - that’s what i’m currently on (took delivery on Friday)

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Folks, if you have lost confidence & faith in the Brand, perhaps you should move on?? So much doubt on this forum that Porsche can sort things out.
I probably would if it wasn't for the the $15-20k de-appreciation loss of the first year which I am not willing to accept because it is not my fault that the car has software issues (the one discussed in this thread is not the only one).

It is not just doubt, there are facts like it took them a year to fix the 12v battery drain bug and then the fix introduced the more serious power loss issue. It has been almost 3 months, so far no official communication to owner. The problem is not fixed by customers selling their car and losing $$$. The problem is solved by the brand being transparent, and releasing well-tested software fixes quickly.

Last edited:

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you get the update that was released last Thursday? Or is there yet another one more current than that? If so very curious why the Thursday patch was pulled - that’s what i’m currently on (took delivery on Friday)
According to my service advisor, they uploaded the AMB5 variant. This happened Monday AM, so I'm not sure how this all rolled out. I called today to ascertain about the AMB6, but he said I'm good. BTW, he hasn't officially heard a peep about any recalls from Porsche, which is not surprising.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
According to my service advisor, they uploaded the AMB5 variant. This happened Monday AM, so I'm not sure how this all rolled out. I called today to ascertain about the AMB6, but he said I'm good. BTW, he hasn't officially heard a peep about any recalls from Porsche, which is not surprising.
super helpful, thanks!!

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
We are trying. Porsche won’t buy back our vehicles.
Maybe you should wait until you have one to comment.
Sponsored