Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I took my second test drive yesterday so took my 2 dogs and wife along to see if they all approved.

Our 2 dogs have been in many car. I have a girl and boy Rough Collie. My boy settles very quickly as you can see. My girl get's travel sickness sometimes so never keen. You can see in the pictures se didn't lie down but that just goes to show they have plenty of room. My wife has a 7 seater with an enormous boot so I was concerned. But my 2 dogs were fine. I think my wife like the car too.

Porsche Taycan My 2 Dogs in a Sport Turismo B6890FCB-20ED-4DE4-9AE4-E34E63683448_1_105_c

Porsche Taycan My 2 Dogs in a Sport Turismo 831888FD-3B11-47B2-A983-834530A1E05F_1_105_c

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s surprising how much space is back there. I regularly transport three lab/shepherd mixes in our CT and they have more than enough room for shorter <1hr drives.

FC8D82D3-A424-49E4-AC41-7400AF904E5C.jpeg
Exactly. It looks small with the tailgate open but because the rear hatch is curved when closed gives more space than you expect. If our 2 dogs didn't like it then it would have been a showstopper for us.

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
I am really pleased to hear this. I presently get my two dogs around town in a Macan. I had driven a sedan, but I have never seen a CT in person - I ordered it based on pictures alone of the rear hatch area.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am really pleased to hear this. I presently get my two dogs around town in a Macan. I had driven a sedan, but I have never seen a CT in person - I ordered it based on pictures alone of the rear hatch area.
Pleased this helped you. I too was struggling and the Porsche Centre had no issues with me trying my too dogs.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Having driven a few macan loaners over the years, I’m pretty sure the Taycan CT has equal or more space in the cargo area and definitely has more space in the backseat than the Macan. Porsche has never published the non-German dimensions - including cu ft above the shelf - to compare cargo area directly, but our dogs fit better (and can jump in the back easier) with the Taycan.

Last edited:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Having driven a few macan loaners over the years, I’m pretty sure the Taycan CT has equal or more space in the cargo area and definitely has more space in the backseat than the Macan. Porsche has never published the non-German dimensions - including sq ft above the shelf - to compare cargo area directly, but our dogs fit better (and can jump in the back easier) with the Taycan.
That's great to hear - re space: the Macan's C pillar has quite a rake; between that and the rear seat backs there's not a lot of length in the trunk. The CT appears to be (to me) just as bad, and a lower total height of the cargo area. My GSD fits okayish in the Macan, but I usually fold the rear seats for more room.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
That's great to hear - re space: the Macan's C pillar has quite a rake; between that and the rear seat backs there's not a lot of length in the trunk. The CT appears to be (to me) just as bad, and a lower total height of the cargo area. My GSD fits okayish in the Macan, but I usually fold the rear seats for more room.
There’s a similar rake in the CT but I think the Macan’s shape lends itself to more height but with a shorter floor. Looking at the published specs, macan is 17.2 cu ft in the cargo area including above the shelf - CT is 15.8, not including the space above the shelf. The macan has a bit more space with seats down (52.9 vs 42.8 apples to apples) which I also lend to the height of the vehicle. The backseat of the CT is more comfortable than the Macan for an adult or baby seat, but that may be more a function of front seat comfort and space.

The panoramic glass in the CT gives a ton more headroom if your GSD likes to look forward. Our smallish ~55lb GSD/lab mix usually stares straight out the back window without having to change his typical posture. I was concerned about cargo space since we ordered the car before a single one was released and I’ve also been pleasantly surprised with the utility.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
There’s a similar rake in the CT but I think the Macan’s shape lends itself to more height but with a [...] I was concerned about cargo space since we ordered the car before a single one was released and I’ve also been pleasantly surprised with the utility.
Love it! Thanks for the detailed answer.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just to point out that the ST m dogs are in had the Pan roof and I'm sure this helped. Also my 2 dogs are only what I'd call medium size so probably smaller than a GSD. They are both about 22 kg. As you can see they had plenty of room.
Sponsored