OP
OP

aksh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
328xi
Country flag
Tbh this will be basically my daily car to and from work prbly driving it 40-50mins round trip daily. I don’t want to overdue it but figured the technology and performance packages seemed pretty basic to get the full function of the car..sorry if I sound naive, still learning

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Couple of thoughts:
-Do you want all-season tires? If so need to option them. Summer tires are standard.
-The 2 seat back seat has sort of a tray separating the seats. The 2+1 seat option provides complete cushioning spanning the back seat.
-Recommend adding the onboard 150kw 400v DC charger. Read numerous threads on here about why. It expands DC charging options for the future, does not limit them.
-Consider adding Porsche Intelligent Range Manager. Some here say it isn't useful - some like it.
-Standard seat belt color is black. Is that the color you want?
-Good that you are not buying the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. It overheats. Recommendations on other EVSE are described on this forum. The Mobile charger Plus is included, but also has an overheating problem. It is ok for occasional use (or backup for trips) but not good EVSE for regular home use.
-Deleting the Taycan badging at rear is no-cost option. De-badging leaves spectators guessing. ;)
Very nice build. Enjoy.
Edit: My wife's comment about colors. She says light interior like chalk "fights"/conflicts with light blue exterior.
She'd recommend monotone interior - slate gray - with frozen blue exterior.

Last edited:

RKZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Panamera GTS sold 2023 Taycan 4s Arrived!
Country flag
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPKKJP83

Thanks!!
Question the option of Panoramic roof with light control. Think the cost/benefit equation is weak. If you're looking for ways to save some $'s, consider deleting that. if it doesn't matter, go for it!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Tbh this will be basically my daily car to and from work prbly driving it 40-50mins round trip daily. I don’t want to overdue it but figured the technology and performance packages seemed pretty basic to get the full function of the car..sorry if I sound naive, still learning
Porsche is different than most other brands. Think of it as tailoring a nice suit. You are starting with a high quality suit(car). The items you add ideally would be things that would make the car more personal to your tastes, style, and use case. You may want to drive one to get a sense of the baseline. It is very good to begin with. Each of the options you selected are somewhere between good and very good in isolation. In total, you’ve created a very nice car that will depreciate more quickly than others (assuming a normal market) because the percentage of options is very high as compared to the base price. If these are the options for you and the depreciation issue is of little consequence, then you have yourself a nice ride.

I can already see that others are providing specific advice on certain options as you finalize your build. Good luck, besides the wait, this is the hardest part.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Edit: My wife's comment about colors. She says light interior like chalk "fights"/conflicts with light blue exterior.
She'd recommend monotone interior - slate gray - with frozen blue exterior.
I think that slate would look good, but I also think that chalk works (though I find the combo with FB a bit chilly...so I went with the black/Bordeaux verison of the 2-tone interior), and of course gives the nice individual rear seat look.
But regardless of leather colours, the FB door blades look jarring to me, at least as shown on the configurator (which gives them a metallic sheen that isn't there on the real thing). Without them, I think the transition to and contrast with the exterior paintwork that's visible from the inside is better.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Panoramic roof waste of money. Front passengers get no benefit
150kw onboard charger for charging at Tesla
HUD is excellent
Sports Chrono Grandfather clock looks crap and ruins the futuristic aesthetics