My loaner while my car gets the ANA6...

Deleted member 6348

Fake news. No way the 4S can feel anywhere close to the TTS, given how much faster the GTS is than the 4S…. Maybe it’s the lack of alcantara.
When you’re not “on it”, the various Taycan trims feel pretty much the same. With an ICE car, there’s a big differentiation between engine options/trim in the same car — like an inline 4 vs a V8. There’s no such difference with EV trims. That’s why all AWD Taycan’s basically feel the same.
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you’re not “on it”, the various Taycan trims feel pretty much the same. With an ICE car, there’s a big differentiation between engine options/trim in the same car — like an inline 4 vs a V8. There’s no such difference with EV trims. That’s why all AWD Taycan’s basically feel the same.
You know I was being sarcastic, right?

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
There is def a difference between a car that traps around 120 in the 1/4 and high 120's low 130's but it's not this huge difference everyone would expect, especially from a roll...now when I had my plaid, totally difft story. That car hit at any speed like a brick to the face!

I would need to look at window sticker to see if I have the glass option but I don't notice any difference in road noise etc.

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your post, this really helps to know real differences between the best Porsche can offer and a "lower" rank model.

I guess your TTS has all performance options, PTV+, PDCC and I wonder how is the suspension comfort in the 4S (probably without PDCC). Does it feel more unsettled over bumps?

If you have acoustic glass and loaner doesn't do you think its noisier?
Ok, just checked my window sticker...i do have the glass and I notice zero noise diff in the two cars.

I have the PTV and PDCC as well and the TTS is def a rougher ride...the t4s must sit higher as well because I can go up and down my driveway with ease and the TTS I need to go slow.

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will do some dragy runs tomorrow and get back with you guys...lol. My guess is mid 11's in the T4S. My biggest question will be the trap speed between the two...

rhizome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Taycan 4S CT (on order)
Country flag
Would love to read more comparing the TTS/4S with the Plaid, and if that happens to also be your MachE, how do the Taycans compare? (Is the performance/quality/aesthetic gap enough to justify the price difference)?

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would love to read more comparing the TTS/4S with the Plaid, and if that happens to also be your MachE, how do the Taycans compare? (Is the performance/quality/aesthetic gap enough to justify the price difference)?
The plaid was the king of power...to be honest it's not even close...the plaid felt INSANE anytime, any speed. The TTS feels nearly as fast to 60 but after that the plaid demolishes it.

The plaid had HORRENDOUS brakes compared to my ceramics on the TTS and the handling on the plaid was terrible as well. The steering wheel on the plaid or should I say half steering wheel, really takes some getting used to and I never really got used to it.

So in comparison, other than outright speed, the TTS is the winner for me...looks too. Porsche build quality compared to Tesla is on another level too.

I do own the mach e and I also have a bmw i3. There are days where the i3 is my choice...lol. I will write more about this when I have time...quick snippet....

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ok, just checked my window sticker...i do have the glass and I notice zero noise diff in the two cars.

I have the PTV and PDCC as well and the TTS is def a rougher ride...the t4s must sit higher as well because I can go up and down my driveway with ease and the TTS I need to go slow.
Maybe the acoustic glass is more effective at higher speeds reducing the wind noise.

Your TTS rides on 21 inch wheels and the loaner 4S has the 20 inch wheels. Interesting to hear that PDCC isn't really making a big difference in suspension comfort but I think you really feel the lack of body roll in turns.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Maybe the acoustic glass is more effective at higher speeds reducing the wind noise.

Your TTS rides on 21 inch wheels and the loaner 4S has the 20 inch wheels. Interesting to hear that PDCC isn't really making a big difference in suspension comfort but I think you really feel the lack of body roll in turns.
I’m not going to popular again tonight! General comment not aimed at anyone in particular. I don’t know why people talk about comfort and Porsche in the same sentence. A Porsche is about handling, that is about stiffness and lack of roll (with as much compliance as can be mustered). Porsches are not designed for comfort. The best Porsches have PCCD, RWS and PTV+. I’ve tried Taycans with and without and the difference is stark. If you don’t feel that you are not driving it like a Porsche. Sorry again to go against the grain

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
PDCC, while reducing body roll, actually makes the car softer and more comfortable in a straight line, not stiffer. That’s one of the big benefits of PDCC, it can decouple the bars when not needed.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
When it comes to the Taycan, the 4S is the sweet spot.
Most say the GTS is the sweet spot.

I've test driven all 3 (4S for a month, GTS for 30 min and TTS for 30 min) and found the TTS to be way more powerful than the 4S. Not to say that the 4S is not fast, it's still faster than 99% of the cars on the road, it just was not that similar to the TTS.

I settled on the GTS because it was the sweet spot for me in regards to power and the tuned suspension.

Last edited:

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don’t know why people talk about comfort and Porsche in the same sentence. A Porsche is about handling, that is about stiffness and lack of roll (with as much compliance as can be mustered).
I own a Panamera Turbo S Hybrid, handles amazing for its weight and I really drive it like a Porsche when roads are empty but its 7 out of 10 of driving experience of a 911 Turbo. What I like about it is the difference between Normal and Sport+

For this kind of Porsche I'm looking to have all options that improves comfort, its an executive sedan that I use 80% to travel not fun.

PDCC, while reducing body roll, actually makes the car softer and more comfortable in a straight line, not stiffer. That’s one of the big benefits of PDCC, it can decouple the bars when not needed.
Drove a Panamera without PDCC, obviously it had more roll in turns while in Comfort mode but in Sport+ I didn't felt much difference.
Are the bars 100% decoupled when driving straight or the bar is still twisted when going over bumps?

Anyway, I'm waiting for the OP impressions when he gets back his TTS.

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, just as I expected the T4S is very fast, even by todays standards. 11.4@122mph with ease.

And the half mile time is excellent as well.

it’s about 1 second slower to the TTS in the 1/4 and down 10mph as well.

videos of both cars…sorry the TTS video cuts off so early!

TTS
Porsche Taycan My loaner while my car gets the ANA6... 4EB1C22C-2088-4FE6-B8CE-70DB33C45AAF

T4S

Porsche Taycan My loaner while my car gets the ANA6... BC5539A3-BB1B-427C-9600-10ED0D81BB2F

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ok, just as I expected the T4S is very fast, even by todays standards. 11.4@122mph with ease.
The 4S is fast indeed but TTS flies of the line.

How do you find the range?
Sponsored