BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Was getting windows for cooling and outside noise. I have 4 little kids so if we’re ever in a pinch she can take them all. Does it mess up the seating of the others at all?
Makes sense then about having 4 little kids to be able to fit them all. I honestly don’t know the effect of the windows on cooling but I love remote precooling my car in the summer since I park outside for work on 100+ degree weather often. The noise issue again I don’t think is needed. Car is very quiet.
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Change out the wheels. I prefer the Mission E. To me, Wheels are a huge part of the look of the car. The cheaper wheel choices dramatically change the look of the car.

Get the Sports Chrono. Love the dial on the steering wheel to quickly select my driving mode and I like the look on the dash. I live in FL and do not have the thermally insulated glass. I have zero issue with the cabin being hot and its been crazy hot here all summer. I did tint my windows 20% and my windshield (looks clear) with 70% and I use the climate feature alot. I also hear the insulated glass creates issues with cell reception, radar detectors, toll pass etc. If you drive it like a Porsche, add the Performance Battery. Might push you out of budget with that though. My sales guy pushed the 2+1 seats and where you have kids its a good choice and honestly, I have used mine quite a bit taking people out to dinner etc.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
A lot of this is personal preference but I do believe performance battery plus is a must (and some would also say air suspension is a must which you already have). It’s an electric car and the more range the better plain and simple.
Agreed on both. '21 RWD owner here.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
standard trim is black I believe, chrome for 4s. Def going w full front ppf, wasn’t sure about ceramic but we’ll see. U have somewhere in San Ramon u recommend? Or u did urs in AZ?
I did mine in AZ. (I lived in San Ramon a few years ago.)
Have a look at the threads on PPF and ceramic (link). @XLR82XS 's expertise swayed me to get both.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Agreed on both. '21 RWD owner here.
3rd that 21 RWD here too with air suspension and PB+ I ended up ordering a car and waiting for it as no dealer builds included the air suspension. Love how low the car sits when in low on the suspension.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Was getting windows for cooling and outside noise. I have 4 little kids so if we’re ever in a pinch she can take them all. Does it mess up the seating of the others at all?
Taycan isn’t the best option for a family that size…despite being a great driver.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Taycan isn’t the best option for a family that size…despite being a great driver.
I agree, particularly with the sedan I think you might grow out of it quickly. If not used to haul the kids most the time, I think it fits your purposes but tbh I'd probably look into a Lucid or EQS instead at this price point for an EV sedan. The Lucid rear seat room is massive. Of course I know that delivery times on the lucid are probably gonna be spotty.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just on the thermally and noise insulated glass (which I have ordered) it does not impact cell/mobile phone reception. Cell/mobile signals are not adversely impacted by glass. The signals don’t like concrete, especially thick reinforced concrete, such as the type you find in an underground car park. Cell/mobile signal propagation is also impacted by the radio frequency, so lower frequencies tend to push to signal further and deeper than higher frequencies. There are many factors which will impact the strength of your cell/mobile signal but the glass in your car will not be one of them.

OP
OP

stnguyen86

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
strictly wifey's car and she'll never take all 4 kids at once, we have a 7 seater suv and i'll get another 7 seater EV when my car craps out.

OP
OP

stnguyen86

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Just on the thermally and noise insulated glass (which I have ordered) it does not impact cell/mobile phone reception. Cell/mobile signals are not adversely impacted by glass. The signals don’t like concrete, especially thick reinforced concrete, such as the type you find in an underground car park. Cell/mobile signal propagation is also impacted by the radio frequency, so lower frequencies tend to push to signal further and deeper than higher frequencies. There are many factors which will impact the strength of your cell/mobile signal but the glass in your car will not be one of them.
awesome thanks for the info!!

OP
OP

stnguyen86

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
  • I've heard remote parkassist isn't very good, so would kill that. Plus, the times when it'd be useful would be where you parked close enough where others probably can't get out. Or door dings
  • I assume your kids are full grown? Just as a heads up, the middle seat in a sedan isn't very usable from a headroom perspective. Can be useful in a pinch but wouldn't want to put someone there long term
  • I think many feel the passenger display is also a bit of a gimmick - your passenger can easily access the center screen which displays exactly the same info (and more).
  • Thermal noise glass is another one where some people really like it, but many others feel they can't tell a huge difference. Also some complaints about blocked cell signal
  • You can probably save money by doing the standard white over the metallic white - they're pretty similar and not sure if I could tell the difference unless up really close
  • I'd consider getting the big battery. But this depends on your usage - if you do anticipate making road trips it's worth it. Also it does increase the HP of the car and acceleration (Porsche doesn't advertise this anymore, but it is faster in the 1/4 mile, and I bet 0-60). Plus it'll make the car easier to resell. I don't think you'll get your full money back on the extra battery (you never do for any option), but it's probably one that retains a higher %, and some buyers may not buy a car with a small battery
  • I personally think ACC is important. Should be standard TBH, but given you're also bay area based, would be really helpful for stop and go traffic which we have here
If you take your build, remove remote parkassist, the passenger display, thermal glass, and metallic paint, it'll just about balance out to add the big battery. Especially if you remove the painted mirrors, which are nice but essential IMO.

For your same price of $105k, I'd do something like this instead (also removed air suspension and added ACC)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQEVCJ2
saw this in the build.. 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle ..what is that?

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
hello everyone!
Buying our first car together after being married for 8 years and her giving me 4 beautiful kids. Just wanted to make sure her push present had all the correct options. Anything we should add or get rid of? Thanks y’all
E0786276-CA32-40D7-8DEC-FFFAF6A559DB.jpeg
def keep: air suspension, heated wheel, 2+1, premium pack

prob would keep: elec sound

not sure: ext mirrors, massage, thermal glass, remote park

would remove: passenger screen

would consider adding: pb+, sport chrono, RAS, mission wheels, crests on headrest

also, one thing I’m not 100% happy about it the backup camera. Still getting used to it. It is not the full “360” surround camera which I believe is an extra cost.

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
I like your spec. Carrera White accentuates the lines of the Taycan and hides the dirt and swirl marks better than flat white. The Taycan is a quiet car - which means that external noises become bothersome; your glass option will improve the noise and thermal qualities of the vehicle. Bigger battery is a divisive option: Those who have it say that it is a must, but I don’t recall anyone who did not spec it saying that they wish they had - and a lighter car is more fun to drive. (After 5,000 km including some long trips, I‘m happy that I went with the lighter/cheaper option.) One other option to consider is rear-axle steering. It makes a big car smaller - something which might come in handy when parking in a tight spot with four kids in the car.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
and it's so quiet.
Sponsored