B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Short term there won’t be a difference in ‘21 vs ‘22 pricing but 2-3 years from now I anticipate a $10k difference in resale cost. I’m justifying staying the course with the ‘21 CT4 as long as the $7500 tax credit remains in place, which should soften the residual blow later on.

The interest rate difference isn’t huge, about .25% the last three times I scoped rates direct with banks. Guessing the dealer blinded this part with their usual markup.
My sources (from Porsche) said that chip shortage problems are still huge…and they are not expecting anything better for 2022.
so, my suggestions for all of you, who are waiting your (even MY21) cars: do not cancel your orders….it’s worth to wait…Taycan is “hell ofthe car”….even with it’s lousy software, but it really provides enourmous joy to ride…. And that’s what count, right?
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
My sources (from Porsche) said that chip shortage problems are still huge…and they are not expecting anything better for 2022.
so, my suggestions for all of you, who are waiting your (even MY21) cars: do not cancel your orders….it’s worth to wait…Taycan is “hell ofthe car”….even with it’s lousy software, but it really provides enourmous joy to ride…. And that’s what count, right?
I agree with this however at the risk of repeating myself... how the hell are MY22's rolling off the production line as completed or mostly-completed vehicles? If this shortage affected most builds being produced and the only thing being shipped to dealers were bare bones '21/'22's I'd completely understand but I'm seeing well optioned '22's making their way to dealers while uncompleted '21's languish on the production line for months. I would think they'd want to complete the cars that went into production and are at the end of their model year before they start another similarly optioned order at the start of a new production cycle. Then again WTFDIK? This is truly the bizzaro world that we're living in during this post-pandemic point in time...

That was a rhetorical question by the way. We'll likely never get anything other than speculation as the dealers don't seem to know and Porsche has their hands full dealing with supply issues to actually shed any light on the subject.

Last edited:

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Can you cancel the order/contract and place an order for MY22?

otherwise, I got additional discount from the factory (2000€) because of almost 4 month delay.
(ordered on April 18, promised delivery by end of May>… delivered on September, 17)
Hi, so the discount you got from the factory, was this negotiated due to the delay, or are dealers being given this on all delayed cars over a certain time of say 4 months do you know?

My CT was dated for a June build, has a vin number now but showing 15th October finish with a November delivery. But this could still get pushed back I am told.

I did ask the dealership about any discounts, but they said they were not aware of any.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Afaik, the discount has been approved by factory, I didn’t ask for anything, just a dealer sent me a note about that.
also, dealer gave me another year of warranty, that was deslers’ own decision.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Afaik, the discount has been approved by factory, I didn’t ask for anything, just a dealer sent me a note about that.
also, dealer gave me another year of warranty, that was deslers’ own decision.
Indeed, same here.

Reactions: B61

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Also check, saw this on this forum and it’s correct. The seats at the back are different then the ones in front. 18- ways. You have the back seats of a normall one, completely different then before and on configurator. i don’t want those seats in the back. I’ve paid for 18- way and that design.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Hi, so the discount you got from the factory, was this negotiated due to the delay, or are dealers being given this on all delayed cars over a certain time of say 4 months do you know?

My CT was dated for a June build, has a vin number now but showing 15th October finish with a November delivery. But this could still get pushed back I am told.

I did ask the dealership about any discounts, but they said they were not aware of any.
You just get it

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
To give everybody an update:
I emailed my SA and he just called. He said they are going to escalate this to Porsche and they have other clients with the same issue (of course). They will ask for discounts and suggested to call Porsche as well myself and to request the discount and push the issue. I would suggest everyone else do the same and hopefully something positive will come out of it.

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
I emailed my SA and he just called. He said they are going to escalate this to Porsche and they have other clients with the same issue (of course). They will ask for discounts and suggested to call Porsche as well myself and to request the discount and push the issue. I would suggest everyone else do the same and hopefully something positive will come out of it.
Call Porsche direct? Do you have a number?

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe it’s 1800porsche. But I need to double check. It was posted somewhere in this forum and need to find it. If I do, I will post it here

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Have a MY21 on order…delayed until “12/31.” I can get a MY22 allocation which will likely delay delivery several more months (or maybe not?).

I’m weighing several factors:

- loss of value if I stick with MY21 (year old car v MY22)
- potential discount from Porsche for further delays (no guarantee) if I stick with MY21
- risk of further delays if I opt for MY22 (although no rush to get a car right now)
- higher cost for MY22
- potential loss of federal credit (issue with both MY21 and MY22 since both prob won’t arrive until 2022)

and, finally, if I move to the MY22, then I can RECONFIGURE my dream car (will def do some things differently if given the chance)

all Thoughts and advice welcome!

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
I believe it’s 1800porsche. But I need to double check. It was posted somewhere in this forum and need to find it. If I do, I will post it here
Thanks, I am in the Uk and have just emailed Porsche GB with my thoughts...... Will let people know if i get a response.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have a MY21 on order…delayed until “12/31.” I can get a MY22 allocation which will likely delay delivery several more months (or maybe not?).

- potential discount from Porsche for further delays (no guarantee) if I stick with MY21
- risk of further delays if I opt for MY22 (although no rush to get a car right now)
- higher cost for MY22
- potential loss of federal credit (issue with both MY21 and MY22 since both prob won’t arrive until 2022)

and, finally, if I move to the MY22, then I can RECONFIGURE my dream car (will def do some things differently if given the chance)

I think if all of us did what I will be doing. Call your dealership and let them know that this is not right and call
Porsche for the same thing, we might see some discounts which should cover the loss in resale and I’m hoping that it will push them into actually finishing our cars somehow.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I will call them on Monday morning and see what comes of it. My sales manager has been a bit of an ass though so we’ll see. Hopefully I can get a response from Porsche NA. I agree if all the US cross turismo orders call in, it might just shake the tree enough to get some movement. ??

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag

- higher cost for MY22

Same situation here. There better be a substantial discount for us '21 people whose cars has missed the boat. Ours has apparently been sitting (outside?) at the factory since July. What that does to the batteries and the car itself I dont want to think about. Cant get any answers from Porsche or dealer.

It seems there are plenty of available '22 allocations out there. Only a very small fringe of the car-buying public in the US are interested in wagons, much less high end / electric ones. Seems most everyone who wants one has theirs already, or has it at least on the way.

Its very disappointing to think that '22s will be delivered before some of these last '21s, and the utter lack of meaningful communication or explanation from Porsche. Does not speak well for the brand.
Sponsored