Need to lock in options, need help on options!

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have a build date of March for my 4S, and only a few weeks left to lock in my options.

Please have a look through and see if any obvious items I should be adding/removing based on the current spec.

Currently am reluctantly going for Sports Chrono, not a fan of the clock on the dash, but want the Sports Plus/Individual driving modes.

Reverse camera seemed shocking/distorted when test driving, so thinking about adding the Surround view, but also assume it just takes a bit of getting used to the camera?

All suggestions welcome

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVQCN55
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have a build date of March for my 4S, and only a few weeks left to lock in my options.

Please have a look through and see if any obvious items I should be adding/removing based on the current spec.

Currently am reluctantly going for Sports Chrono, not a fan of the clock on the dash, but want the Sports Plus/Individual driving modes.

Reverse camera seemed shocking/distorted when test driving, so thinking about adding the Surround view, but also assume it just takes a bit of getting used to the camera?

All suggestions welcome

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVQCN55
There are 2 views on the standard camera - most folk on the forum whinge about them but personally I think they are fine. Better that you add surround camera - helps kerbside parking and overall view.

Spec looks fine - I'm assuming £100K budget limit (?).

Some thoughts
  1. Sport Sounds is tedious - you will rarely use
  2. ParkAssist including Surround View (preferred)
  3. Monochrome wheel centres would blend better than colour (personal choice)
  4. Public Mode 3 charging cable - untethered connections at public AC charging locations - you will get caught out potentially
  5. 150kW DC upgrade (400V ultra fast chargers are out there plus access to Tesla Supercharger network when it comes (400V EVSE equipment - chargers).
  6. Extended leather (budget blower) but enhances the plastic interior
  7. Door sill guards in black aluminium (free of charge) - chrome looks odd in a black interior and are visible when the doors are shut.
  8. Choice of wheels highly personal - Mission E are outrageously expensive given the forced brake upgrade. Suits the Storm Trooper look if that's what you are after.
  9. Power Steering Plus (a must) and better still would be Rear Axle Steering which includes Power Steering Plus.
  10. Matrix lights - however on short supply and now can't be optioned on 4S or below.
Depending on the wheels / brakes then a few substitutes could be made that are practical rather than cosmetic.

Hope this helps.

mas_gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
W1NGE has covered most things...

All I will say is add Power Steering Plus, if that's the only change you make...!!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
1. Agreed
6. Leather a must for a Porsche.

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There are 2 views on the standard camera - most folk on the forum whinge about them but personally I think they are fine. Better that you add surround camera - helps kerbside parking and overall view.

Spec looks fine - I'm assuming £100K budget limit (?).

Some thoughts
  1. Sport Sounds is tedious - you will rarely use
  2. ParkAssist including Surround View (preferred)
  3. Monochrome wheel centres would blend better than colour (personal choice)
  4. Public Mode 3 charging cable - untethered connections at public AC charging locations - you will get caught out potentially
  5. 150kW DC upgrade (400V ultra fast chargers are out there plus access to Tesla Supercharger network when it comes (400V EVSE equipment - chargers).
  6. Extended leather (budget blower) but enhances the plastic interior
  7. Door sill guards in black aluminium (free of charge) - chrome looks odd in a black interior and are visible when the doors are shut.
  8. Choice of wheels highly personal - Mission E are outrageously expensive given the forced brake upgrade. Suits the Storm Trooper look if that's what you are after.
  9. Power Steering Plus (a must) and better still would be Rear Axle Steering which includes Power Steering Plus.
  10. Matrix lights - however on short supply and now can't be optioned on 4S or below.
Depending on the wheels / brakes then a few substitutes could be made that are practical rather than cosmetic.

Hope this helps.
Thanks W1NGE, love the detail!

3. Charging I am all good with as I already have a 5m Type 2 cable at home from my last PHEV.
6. Extended leather would look awesome, but like you rightly guessed am trying to stick to £100k (originally £90k, but let's be real that was optimistic as Performance Battery Plus is a must)
7. Great shout on Door sills, hadn't even noticed that - Changed!
8. Mission E indeed are crazy, personally I would have gone for the RS Spyder wheels, but you can only have them in Black on the GTS. Not sure the silver/black RS wheels go with an all white car with black accents?
9. PSP I was leaving out as you get a 3 month trial on Demand through the Connect store, so thought would try it without and then with before paying (that way it looks better in initial figures :) )
10. Yep, not available unfortunately

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

All I will say is add Power Steering Plus, if that's the only change you make...!!
Cheers, will likely opt for it after the initial trial, just keeping it out of purchase price

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks W1NGE, love the detail!

3. Charging I am all good with as I already have a 5m Type 2 cable at home from my last PHEV.
6. Extended leather would look awesome, but like you rightly guessed am trying to stick to £100k (originally £90k, but let's be real that was optimistic as Performance Battery Plus is a must)
7. Great shout on Door sills, hadn't even noticed that - Changed!
8. Mission E indeed are crazy, personally I would have gone for the RS Spyder wheels, but you can only have them in Black on the GTS. Not sure the silver/black RS wheels go with an all white car with black accents?
9. PSP I was leaving out as you get a 3 month trial on Demand through the Connect store, so thought would try it without and then with before paying (that way it looks better in initial figures :) )
10. Yep, not available unfortunately
No problem.

Note that the cable I'm referring to is for attaching to Public AC charging points which are Mode 3 (not home charging unit cable(s)).

FoD is not currently available / working (check with your dealer) so I would add to the build (will be cheaper) than risk not getting it later - it is that essential!

Ask your dealer if you can spec the RS Spyder alloys as if ordering a GTS - sometimes they can override things that you can't on the configurator (I did this with my Cayenne GTS as I didn't want the black window surrounds and got silver instead - only the dealer could make the change).

Silver / black alloys - looks great on Crayon (my neighbour has a 4S CT) and would expect similar on White - very personal choice however.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
My 911 was just in for service and I got a loaner Macan. This one had surround. The rear view camera is shockingly awful, in either mode. Worse than my wife's 2014 Cayenne, and way, way worse than my Model 3. It's really quite distorted. The surround view does help quite a bit, it's pretty decent. And the front camera is great! I can't understand why the rear camera is so distorted, in both views. Makes no sense. The front camera is absolutely crystal clear. Whatever software they use to process the rear image and make all the fancy angles was written by some junior programmer straight out of trade school and is totally not worth it.

But yes, get the surround.

Reactions: B61

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Curious, why are people all in on PSP? In past Porsches, it was something to avoid as it made the steering artificially light to the point where people would often code it off (as it came as part of the Premium / Premium plus packages). It doesn't change any hardware, does it?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Curious, why are people all in on PSP? In past Porsches, it was something to avoid as it made the steering artificially light to the point where people would often code it off (as it came as part of the Premium / Premium plus packages). It doesn't change any hardware, does it?
The opposite is true. Speed sensitive and perfectly weighted fast steering is what you want - PSP delivers in bucket loads over and above the standard power steering (it should be a no cost option).

Parking is a doddle and assurance is guaranteed as you build up speed.

Software upgrade.

Remember the steering is electric and not hydraulic so things have come quite some way.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No problem.

Note that the cable I'm referring to is for attaching to Public AC charging points which are Mode 3 (not home charging unit cable(s)).

FoD is not currently available / working (check with your dealer) so I would add to the build (will be cheaper) than risk not getting it later - it is that essential!

Ask your dealer if you can spec the RS Spyder alloys as if ordering a GTS - sometimes they can override things that you can't on the configurator (I did this with my Cayenne GTS as I didn't want the black window surrounds and got silver instead - only the dealer could make the change).

Silver / black alloys - looks great on Crayon (my neighbour has a 4S CT) and would expect similar on White - very personal choice however.
Unfortunately dealer said currently they can't do anything factory that isn't on configurator. May give the wheels some extra thought though, as the saving on the PSCB will pay for 60% of the leather upgrade

OP
OP
Steve1871

Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 911 was just in for service and I got a loaner Macan. This one had surround. The rear view camera is shockingly awful, in either mode. Worse than my wife's 2014 Cayenne, and way, way worse than my Model 3. It's really quite distorted. The surround view does help quite a bit, it's pretty decent. And the front camera is great! I can't understand why the rear camera is so distorted, in both views. Makes no sense. The front camera is absolutely crystal clear. Whatever software they use to process the rear image and make all the fancy angles was written by some junior programmer straight out of trade school and is totally not worth it.

But yes, get the surround.
Crazy that front camera is better than the rear if that is the case!

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST (on order)
Country flag
Unfortunately dealer said currently they can't do anything factory that isn't on configurator. May give the wheels some extra thought though, as the saving on the PSCB will pay for 60% of the leather upgrade
You could order the RS spyder wheels and get them painted either at the dealer (I've had this done in the past at a Porsche dealer) or somewhere independent?? I was thinking about doing the same.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The opposite is true. Speed sensitive and perfectly weighted fast steering is what you want - PSP delivers in bucket loads over and above the standard power steering (it should be a no cost option).

Parking is a doddle and assurance is guaranteed as you build up speed.

Software upgrade.

Remember the steering is electric and not hydraulic so things have come quite some way.
Electric steering has come a long way, I grant you that. But even in the 991.2's, where it's starting to get good, PSP is still way overboosted and filters too much feel. I haven't driven a 992, but driven plenty of modern Caynennes, Panameras and Macans with EPS.

I'll have to pay more attention to the Taycans I drive and check the options. Thanks.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Or switch the wheels later when funds allow; leather isnt something you can add later - wheels you could address at a later point in the future - a hardware FOD :)
Sponsored