Rocky

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, CT4S
Country flag
During 3 months ownership of MY 2022 CT 4S never has the range mode configuration been shown. The dealer has given some BS, as only dealers can, that this facility is no longer available in my model. Clearly being stuck at 100kmph is not everyone's cup of tea and certainly not mine whenever range mode is chosen not that it is so often!!! It makes a mockery of cruise control in range mode. The config is referred to in the admittedly outdated manual and also in the app so my cynicism is justified, I think.

Can anyone confirm the existence or otherwise in similar models of the range mode config? We put up with the little software glitches that come and go since, in the scheme of things, they matter not but this, I believe,
Porsche Taycan No Range mode configuration Range configuration
is a fault that should be able to be resolved. I fear my chances of a solution may be limited, though, and, if it can't, it portends future difficulties when software maintenance issues appear.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
During 3 months ownership of MY 2022 CT 4S never has the range mode configuration been shown. The dealer has given some BS, as only dealers can, that this facility is no longer available in my model. Clearly being stuck at 100kmph is not everyone's cup of tea and certainly not mine whenever range mode is chosen not that it is so often!!! It makes a mockery of cruise control in range mode. The config is referred to in the admittedly outdated manual and also in the app so my cynicism is justified, I think.

Can anyone confirm the existence or otherwise in similar models of the range mode config? We put up with the little software glitches that come and go since, in the scheme of things, they matter not but this, I believe,
Range configuration.jpg
is a fault that should be able to be resolved. I fear my chances of a solution may be limited, though, and, if it can't, it portends future difficulties when software maintenance issues appear.
It is 100% a fault and your dealer is simply incompetent (sorry). Get them to try any other Taycan they have in stock.

Porsche Taycan No Range mode configuration 1642782687072

Porsche Taycan No Range mode configuration 1642782726988

Select the Range drive mode configuration and then you have options for PIRM, AC and Maximum Speed.

You can vary the speed between 90 km/h (56 mph) to 140 km/h (90 mph).

Note that if you have Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM) and it is active then the speed limit is displayed on the instrument cluster with the message 'Auto' and will automatically control your max speed.

OP
OP
Rocky

Rocky

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, CT4S
Country flag
It is 100% a fault and your dealer is simply incompetent (sorry). Get them to try any other Taycan they have in stock.

1642782687072.png

1642782726988.png

Select the Range drive mode configuration and then you have options for PIRM, AC and Maximum Speed.

You can vary the speed between 90 km/h (56 mph) to 140 km/h (90 mph).

Note that if you have Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM) and it is active then the speed limit is displayed on the instrument cluster with the message 'Auto' and will automatically control your max speed.
Thanks, Winge, as I said, I thought it was BS but it could be incompetence. I do have PIRM but haven't used it yet.
Good idea to ask them to show me on another Taycan MY2022. That'll put them on the spot.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Range mode configuration does exist, but randomly some times the menu does not appear and you can't set the speed. I have had it happen twice on MY2020. The first time it took about 3 weeks for the menu to reappear and the second a couple of days. Very annoying if you use cruise control in Range mode. You can override by kicking down the accelerator. Based on your MY2022, this fault appears to be common to all models.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks, Winge, as I said, I thought it was BS but it could be incompetence. I do have PIRM but haven't used it yet.
Good idea to ask them to show me on another Taycan MY2022. That'll put them on the spot.
Well I may have to eat my words. I was out on an errand just now and played around with Range mode. I have mine set to 80mph BUT today the menu options (3 including PIRM) had disappeared and I could not longer set it. Lucky I have it at 80 but dark forces are at play!

Today after an overnight charge to 85% and a map update OTA download the missing Range mode configurations re-appeared in my PCM.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I set it to 140km/h…and it it’s still there.
but i don’t understand why’s that limitation at all…. even when driving in range mode, there might be a situation when one need more speed, right?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
but i don’t understand why’s that limitation at all…. even when driving in range mode, there might be a situation when one need more speed, right?
When you need more speed, you can push down harder and it will go above the set limit.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Floor it and it should override.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
When you need more speed, you can push down harder and it will go above the set limit.
i’ll try, but are you sure?
as i’ve seen, when you reach the limit, it takes power down.
or, are you saying that i should pushdown harder in that moment?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
i’ll try, but are you sure?
as i’ve seen, when you reach the limit, it takes power down.
or, are you saying that i should pushdown harder in that moment?
Yes. I actually like the setup, speed is a big factor in range and so once i have tweaked my speed vs range compromise I know it’ll help me honor it - given just how addictive the acceleration is :)

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Resurrecting this old thread, my car did an OTA update on Monday morning, then lost my PCM settings, navigation lost all favourites and would not accept destinations. This morning navigation is working again with all favourites and previous destinations back however the range mode configuration menu has disappeared, really annoying as the max speed has defaulted back to 55mph. Any way to force the range mode configuraiton menu back or is it a dealer trip?

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
thankfully the range menu randomly re-appeared this morning 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored