November 2023 Deliveries

Calvin1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
My car seems to still be hanging at port (Benica). Anyone else in the same state or have any idea how long this step generally lasts?

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I’ll get my 4S ST on Monday as factory delivery in Zuffenhausen.

FrozenBerries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
My car seems to still be hanging at port (Benica). Anyone else in the same state or have any idea how long this step generally lasts?
I got my car earlier this week from Benicia, so should hopefully be any day now for you…

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
I got my car earlier this week from Benicia, so should hopefully be any day now for you…
Mine is also still at the Benicia port. Apparently there’s also a few 2024 RS6s bronze editions there too. (My friend is a sales manager at Audi)

Calvin1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Mine is also still at the Benicia port. Apparently there’s also a few 2024 RS6s bronze editions there too. (My friend is a sales manager at Audi)
I’ll start to worry a lot more if they don’t move this week!

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. SA said maybe late this week I’d be able to get it. What dealer does yours go to?

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. SA said maybe late this week I’d be able to get it. What dealer does yours go to?
You got lucky on congestion. My wife flew in from Seoul this afternoon, and said that when they flew in over the bay, it was like a parking lot full of container ships. SFO's international terminal was absolutely swarming with cops (I assume due to APEC dignitaries arriving and/or fear of protestors).

Calvin1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Man, now my tracker is saying December? I hope something didn't happen to my car to keep it in PDI so long. I was originally expecting it to be delivered in late October.

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
At long last.

Porsche Taycan November 2023 Deliveries outfront

Picked it up Thursday at PEC Atlanta after making myself ill on their track. Drove it from Atlanta to DC Friday. The car behaved near flawlessly on the 600 mile drive home. Only quibble was the range planner going to extreme measures (65 mph max speed, no AC, etc) at one point to reach a distant charger rather than add another stop that was only a mile out of the way.

Ended up with 4 charging stops. Two Circle-K 180 kW, one EA 350 kw, and one evGo Ultium. One dud pedestal at a Circle K but there was no one else there so I just used the other one. There was a Rivian Amazon truck parked at one place; had never seen on of them in the wild before so that was cool. It was being driven by a Rivian employee, not Amazon, because it was being fixed for something (of course :D)

I'd say anyone considering the delivery experience should probably dot it, although it's a lot more expensive now than it was when I scheduled it. At 500 bucks it's a no brainer; YMMV at $2000 though. I do kind of roll my eyes at everyone yelling "congratulations" when they see you though. I just wrote a check; I didn't give birth to it. :)

FrozenBerries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
At long last.

outfront.jpg

Picked it up Thursday at PEC Atlanta after making myself ill on their track. Drove it from Atlanta to DC Friday. The car behaved near flawlessly on the 600 mile drive home. Only quibble was the range planner going to extreme measures (65 mph max speed, no AC, etc) at one point to reach a distant charger rather than add another stop that was only a mile out of the way.

Ended up with 4 charging stops. Two Circle-K 180 kW, one EA 350 kw, and one evGo Ultium. One dud pedestal at a Circle K but there was no one else there so I just used the other one. There was a Rivian Amazon truck parked at one place; had never seen on of them in the wild before so that was cool. It was being driven by a Rivian employee, not Amazon, because it was being fixed for something (of course :D)

I'd say anyone considering the delivery experience should probably dot it, although it's a lot more expensive now than it was when I scheduled it. At 500 bucks it's a no brainer; YMMV at $2000 though. I do kind of roll my eyes at everyone yelling "congratulations" when they see you though. I just wrote a check; I didn't give birth to it. :)
Congratulations! 😜

G3ologist

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Taycan 2024
Country flag
I finally received my Taycan on the 22nd. I chose the rwd, unpopular as it appears to be, but I had several reasons and it won over despite almost second guessing myself.

There were a few errors on this build, as I had asked my husband to add the leather package when it was a few hours before the build deadline. He gave me the build sheet to look over, but I was working and didn’t notice that some things were omitted (such as rims being same color as car). It wasn’t until it’d been shipped that I noticed..oh well, my bad for not giving it my full attention.

I have the clear blinkers on order, and am going to get ceramic tint for sides/rear once I find someone I trust won’t mess anything up on the rear window. Not sure about front yet, as I have the thermal/noise insulated glass. Once that is completed I think aesthetically I will be less inclined to focus on the rims 😬.
Porsche Taycan November 2023 Deliveries IMG_1404
Porsche Taycan November 2023 Deliveries image000000

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
@G3ologist…. Congrats!!!!

I’m also in the DMV and used a shop in VA to install PPF, clear side markers, ceramic coating on interior leather and wheels, as well as tint to sides/rear…. The shop I used is in VA and I’m very pleased…. Let me if know if you would like the name and contact information.

G3ologist

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Taycan 2024
Country flag
@G3ologist…. Congrats!!!!

I’m also in the DMV and used a shop in VA to install PPF, clear side markers, ceramic coating on interior leather and wheels, as well as tint to sides/rear…. The shop I used is in VA and I’m very pleased…. Let me if know if you would like the name and contact information.
Yes, I’d love the contact info. The dealer is already going to do the ceramic coating and the clear side lights for me, but I was worried about letting just “anyone” do the rear windshield after reading that it could compromise some components. A vetted shop would be appreciated!
Sponsored