Ordering tomorrow and would appreciate your feedback

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
As a preface, the members of this forum has been such great help in sorting through which options to get. When you first start looking you have an unrefined view of what you want and what is important. After spending a few week on the forum and reading the various threads you get a much better view of what options are necessary and what can be set aside. Thanks to All. In any event, here is my proposed build:

CT 4
Dolomite Silver
Slate Grey Interior
20" Turbo Design Wheels
Premium Package
  • Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
  • Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
  • BOSE® Surround Sound System
  • Lane Change Assist (LCA)
  • Ventilated Seats
  • Surround View
  • Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Ionizer
Technology Package
  • Passenger Display
  • Head-Up Display
  • Remote ParkAssist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Deletion of Model Designation
Exterior Inlays in High Gloss Black
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
Rear 2+1 Seats
Door-Sill Guards in Brushed Aluminum

Undecided: I remain on the fence on the compass or the sport Chrono Package incl.uding Compass Display on Dashboard. The individual mode to program the various option really appeals to me. Is that wortht the $1k price differential Thoughts?

thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Undecided: I remain on the fence on the compass or the sport Chrono Package incl.uding Compass Display on Dashboard. The individual mode to program the various option really appeals to me. Is that wortht the $1k price differential Thoughts?
I would include it every time, I use the wheel regularly to switch modes and find it very convenient. The menu system via the screens is clunky in comparison so you might not use the various modes as much.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I would include it every time, I use the wheel regularly to switch modes and find it very convenient. The menu system via the screens is clunky in comparison so you might not use the various modes as much.
Agreed 100% - and the compass just adds a new feature as opposed to another timepiece, def preferred to me - nice too to match with colored leather interior :)

Porsche Taycan Ordering tomorrow and would appreciate your feedback compass and PAX

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I suggest that you try to see some interiors in person before committing to grey. It is very subjective but that is probably the least interesting of all your options.

OP
OP

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Thanks for all the comments/suggestions so far. Now leaning towards the chrono with compass and will take another look at the interior colors. Much appreciated.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree that the chrono with compass and ability to switch drive modes from the steering wheel is a must have. I like the manual wheel to change modes, and I do utilize the Individual Setting option.

Personally I love Ice Grey for an exterior (somewhat darker than Carrera White - see below).
Porsche Taycan Ordering tomorrow and would appreciate your feedback Taycan 4s Color

At the same time I think you'll enjoy Dolomite Silver. For an interior I would suggest you check out the Blackberry/Slate Grey in Leather, or if you prefer Race-Tex you should check out Graphite Blue/Slate Gray.

If you are interested in my build code for comparison to your yours, it is PM9T14L7.

Last edited:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I wish Compass could be specified for the regular Taycan.

OP
OP

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I wish Compass could be specified for the regular Taycan.
Did not realize you could not. Just checked. You are right. Another plus for those deciding between the Taycan and the CT.

kruzmisl

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S. 2019 Cayenne E-Hy.
Country flag
Hou can however have the compass on the dash.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I was leaning to the rear extra seat (for resale purposes) but was beat down by everybody (including my wife) that said its not really a seat. So I removed it from my build.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I dig the spec.

As other's have said, sport chrono is a great feature if only for the convenient change in driving modes, but you get a bit more functionality for it, plus making it with the compass is very cool.

I feel like every Porsche on the lot and in the resell market has black or gray interiors, so I usually make mine with the beige/black if sticking with the standard interior. If ponying up for full leather, I would never go with black/gray, but I live in west Texas where it's simply too hot 3/4 of the year.

I was sort of on the fence with the tech pack, but ultimately just went with ACC and park assist. I don't really care for heads up display on my 4S, and the passenger screen is a very cool feature but an expensive addon that wouldn't get much use from me. I built my CT for hauling two kids in the back periodically and it's otherwise going to be my daily, so no passenger. Even when I do have someone sitting shotgun, I don't need them messing with my setting and music.

I have the electric sound on my 4S and its been off for over 6 months now. To each their own. Cool at first, annoying after a while.

2+1 seats are also sort of meh for me. I have it on my Taycan 4S and for the life of me have no clue how it would be of use, having never used it (I didn't include it on my ct4 build). It's really just been an annoying seatbelt in the way. People say it is meant for children, but kids these days sit in booster seats until they're between 8 and 12 depending on height, and by the time they're that tall to get out of it, they're too big for the seat. I can't imagine squeezing another child back there with my daughters booster seat and my infants baby seat. It would be misery.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I dig the spec.

As other's have said, sport chrono is a great feature if only for the convenient change in driving modes, but you get a bit more functionality for it, plus making it with the compass is very cool. The boost button on it is also worthwhile if you like driving in an economy or normal setting but want some extra temporary power to pass or wake up your passengers.

I feel like every Porsche on the lot and in the resell market has black or gray interiors, so I usually make mine with the beige/black if sticking with the standard interior. If ponying up for full leather, I would never go with black/gray, but I live in west Texas where it's simply too hot 3/4 of the year.

I was sort of on the fence with the tech pack, but ultimately just went with ACC and park assist. I don't really care for heads up display on my 4S, and the passenger screen is a very cool feature but an expensive addon that wouldn't get much use from me. I built my CT for hauling two kids in the back periodically and it's otherwise going to be my daily, so no passenger. Even when I do have someone sitting shotgun, I don't need them messing with my setting and music.

I have the electric sound on my 4S and its been off for over 6 months now. To each their own. Cool at first, annoying after a while.

2+1 seats are also sort of meh for me. I have it on my Taycan 4S and for the life of me have no clue how it would be of use, having never used it (I didn't include it on my ct4 build). It's really just been an annoying seatbelt in the way. People say it is meant for children, but kids these days sit in booster seats until they're between 8 and 12 depending on height, and by the time they're that tall to get out of it, they're too big for the seat. I can't imagine squeezing another child back there with my daughters booster seat and my infants baby seat. It would be misery.

Based on feedback I have opted for the chrono with the compass

I previously had a HUD in a C-6 Corvette and grew accustomed to not looking down.

When I test drove the Taycan, i really enjoyed the sport sound but as you say I may grow tired of it. One of the reasons I opted for the chrono is so I can program the individual mode and easily select it in one go with the other chassis settings.

I am wavering on the 2+1. May delete that and add PEC LA

TorAtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 Mamba
Country flag
Got the 2+1 purely because of the 40/20/40 folding of the rear seats. Practical when going skiing.