jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
i pressed the update about 15 times, nothing happened.

does that mean my car does not need any update at the moment?

i have the cloud thing enabled on my car, so i guess no updates pending for me.
What are your version numbers? I have a 2021 Turbo and I'm on Software Version 7.1.16 & Text Version 20221130#28.
Sponsored

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
What are your version numbers? I have a 2021 Turbo and I'm on Software Version 7.1.16 & Text Version 20221130#28.
I have no idea.

Car is at the dealership as we speak, calibrating cameras/alignment post windshield replacement, they mentioned a recall pending on it related to the AC module if i can recall correctly.

Maybe they will update all possible before giving it back.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
No email, but my car is set up for the OTA's. I get the "map was updated" now and then along with the ding. I am guessing (if it was not mentioned before) that they sent the email to those owners who did not have OTA authorized in the my porsche website and read it that in the US, we will be getting that charging upate over the air when they release it to our market.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
No email, but my car is set up for the OTA's. I get the "map was updated" now and then along with the ding. I am guessing (if it was not mentioned before) that they sent the email to those owners who did not have OTA authorized in the my porsche website and read it that in the US, we will be getting that charging upate over the air when they release it to our market.
I'm with you on this one regarding regularly getting map updates as I'm driving. I have a 22 and had the big update converting to color icons months ago. Not sure if I need or want to do anything else.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
I received the email yesterday from Porsche as well. Shortly after I took delivery of our MY 2022 GTS we updated to MY2023 at the dealer. Took a whole day. After reading the email "If the update fails to install after you choose to install it, please contact your local Porsche Center in order to schedule a visit to have them install the update for you at NO CHARGE TO YOU.", I decided to make an appointment at my Porsche service center and have them deal with it. Feel like I have better things to do with my time (like organizing my sock drawer) than spending X hours waiting on the update to load and install.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I think there is a difference between updating a map and updating one of the vehicle systems, even though the delivery method (OTA) may be the same.
I, too, have received this email regarding upcoming updates, and I read it as nothing more than a “be prepared” guide. I’ve gotten my first map update within hours of picking up the car (new from the dealer) a long time ago.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW..

Nothing for my MY23 CTT here in the UK.

Car has been set up for OTA since new.

Checked PCM yesterday and it says its up to date.

cheers

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
Was there a link to a video? If so, please share. I haven not received the email for my MY22 but I do receive updates for maps so maybe I already have OTA update setting turned on?

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I’m sitting in my car watching the updates app for 10 minutes now as it is ‘searching’ for updates / no idea if it is actually downloading in background but not exactly transparent nor promising at the minute - patience apparently required!!

Tried powering off again in case already downloaded but no prompt appeared to install so I guess not.

Have full 4 of 5 bars LTE embedded SIM card connection so that’s not the issue.

IMG_2177.jpeg
you need to turn off the car and lock the door. It will be done within 15 minutes. That's how it worked for me. However, the PCM froze on me after the update. I had to use the two fingers reset. After that no more issues. This update is for fast DC charge. It allows higher KW in the battery even at higher state of charge.

n2diving

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
2022 Taycan just notified me the update was available a few minutes after backing out of the garage. When I arrived at my office...

Last edited:

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Got my update today! Worked fine, no drama.

Interesting they decided to do a push to prod on a weekend...that was a bold choice.
Sponsored