Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
What is your Model Year? Apparently the 2020 MY Taycans are not getting this OTA and may have to go to the Dealer.
Sponsored

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you were having trouble with the spinning disc, or with partial PCM start up, you can always do the two finger reset. It’s been reported that some people had to do the two finger reset twice.

I did it once. And everything is fine.
Sorry, I've searched the forum for "two finger reset" but can't seem to find exact instructions on how to do that. Are there any photos or videos showing how to do it?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Sorry, I've searched the forum for "two finger reset" but can't seem to find exact instructions on how to do that. Are there any photos or videos showing how to do it?

Touch the top right corner of the main touchscreen with two fingers for a few seconds. The PCM will restart into service mode where you can simply tap Quit to restart back into normal mode.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not sure why people are saying "2020s don't support OTA". They definitely do. I've absolutely gotten OTA updates on my 2020, albeit only minor ones and only early on. And I don't mean "map updates", I mean actual OTA updates.

I can't possibly be the only 2020 owner, who has owned since new, that has experienced this?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Not sure why people are saying "2020s don't support OTA". They definitely do. I've absolutely gotten OTA updates on my 2020, albeit only minor ones and only early on. And I don't mean "map updates", I mean actual OTA updates.

I can't possibly be the only 2020 owner, who has owned since new, that has experienced this?
I have received them as well. There was one update that seemed to push only to 2021 and 2022 vehicles, so discussion of that likely led to the conclusion. It probably had something to do with plug and charge, which is generally not installed on 2020s.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I know at least one other Houstonian that had the issue I had yesterday - basically the LHS charge port would not work - got a red light and charging error when attempting to AC charge from home - after three attempts I tried the RHS port and worked perfectly.

SA at dealership said he had another customer just experience the same problem and apparently related to an OTA - now I had not seen this OTA but may have missed it (hate that you can't see a log of updates - ridiculous - unless I am missing where to see that?).

I will test again soon as SA said basically a SW related 'glitch' ad should reset. Anyone else experience this recently?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I know at least one other Houstonian that had the issue I had yesterday - basically the LHS charge port would not work - got a red light and charging error when attempting to AC charge from home - after three attempts I tried the RHS port and worked perfectly.

SA at dealership said he had another customer just experience the same problem and apparently related to an OTA - now I had not seen this OTA but may have missed it (hate that you can't see a log of updates - ridiculous - unless I am missing where to see that?).

I will test again soon as SA said basically a SW related 'glitch' ad should reset. Anyone else experience this recently?
I had this problem too after the update. I thought it might be the charger rather than the car so II had this problem too after the update. I thought it might be the charger rather than the car so I cycled the charger often on, and when I connected to the left-hand side port, it worked fine.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had this problem too after the update. I thought it might be the charger rather than the car so II had this problem too after the update. I thought it might be the charger rather than the car so I cycled the charger often on, and when I connected to the left-hand side port, it worked fine.
Hmm - interesting - but of course my RHS port charges perfectly fine i.e. if it were an issue with the EVSE surely that would replicate in both ports. I went ahead and tried your suggestion regardless and no difference unfortunately.

I have not actually driven the car since this issue popped up which I will do now in case there is a benefit/reset by doing so - might also do a PCM reboot to see if that clears it - if not might be a trip to the dealership!

VTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Audi S5, Volvo XC90
Country flag
I just had the red light on charger come on when trying to charge at home on the left side port. Car is over a year old and today is the first time this happened. Mine occurred midway through charging cycle. I turned car on and off and then it restarted and turned green. I don't recall any recent OTA updates. Plug point, cable and charger were all hot to touch.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
My current version 3823 ....
I'm more interested in how you got to become a prerelease tester for the UI software.

Because of course there's no way that Porsche would have released a SNAPSHOT version to the public...right?

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just had the red light on charger come on when trying to charge at home on the left side port. Car is over a year old and today is the first time this happened. Mine occurred midway through charging cycle. I turned car on and off and then it restarted and turned green. I don't recall any recent OTA updates. Plug point, cable and charger were all hot to touch.
If you are experiencing a heat advisory now, and using the PMCC that with your Porsche, then the chances are that the charging stopped due to heat. You can get around this by lowering the charging current or charging at times of day when it isn’t so hot.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
interesting - no recurrence? If not that might have been a separate issue like overheating as suggested.

None of he suggestions here have had any effect on my red light nor any interventions I’ve attempted - scheduled for dealership check Sep 11 but can use RHS which works perfectly fine whilst LHS has the issue.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm more interested in how you got to become a prerelease tester for the UI software.

Because of course there's no way that Porsche would have released a SNAPSHOT version to the public...right?
I think Porsche delivers/pushes updates progressively rather than holistically as perhaps a safeguarded approach to anticipate and react to any unforeseen issues or simply to avoid overwhelming servers.
I’ve def experienced this firsthand in Tx before with forum members in Dallas for example receiving an OTA before servers in Houston. This just may be another example.
Sponsored