Performance package with 4S - Yea or Nay

minuteman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Panamera 4, Macan
Country flag
Coming over to EV for first time and am in the process of configuring. Taycan 4S would replace my Panamera 4.

Would appreciate informed opinions of Performance package and/or its component pieces.

Car would not be driven on the track.
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Coming over to EV for first time and am in the process of configuring. Taycan 4S would replace my Panamera 4.

Would appreciate informed opinions of Performance package and/or its component pieces.

Car would not be driven on the track.
Not needed but if budget is not an issue, then yes. I am coming from a Pan 4S ST with no Perf goodies and it is awesome. For my Taycan 4S CT, I am getting the Perf package knowing well that it’s not essential for a daily driver.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I have a 2020 4s with 14k miles and love the handling with the performance package. Not sure what’s in the performance package for 2022, but in 2020 it included PTV+, RAS, PDCC sport, Sport Chrono, and Porsche electric sport sound. I don‘t know how the 4s would handle without, but with PTV+, RAS, and PDCC sport, it is spectacular! Totally flat in curves and so maneuverable and planted at any speed I’ve driven. Sport chrono provides the drive selection knob on the steering wheel that is nice to have. I could easily live without the sound. I haven‘t tracked the car, unless you count driving on I95.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a '22 without the performance package but with sport chrono. Got the chance to drive in the mountains today and had it in Sport Plus mode. This thing handles AMAZING. Tons of grip and very flat cornering.

If you're not going to track the car no need for the performance package in my opinion.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I have the RWS and Sports Chrono, but not the performance package. It handles amazingly well! Perfectly flat through the corners!
Sponsored