Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using?

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@BruceF - I removed the cradle from the mount and shot a short video to show how to install the mount. I was wrong about the 10 seconds. It takes 4 seconds to do it one handed. As you will see in the video there is no need to wedge anything on the top. It is more of a wrapping motion and the underside will clip. I hope this helps.
Thanks @wemct!

I agree - I think they sent me the wrong mount.

Thanks you for sending the video - much appreciated!

Can you measure the length of the long side of the mounting bracket and let me know what that is? My guess is that is an inch or two longer than what they sent me.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
I am also an Android user, not an Apple fan, and always drive with Waze on. By far most accurate ETA, adaptive trajectories based on traffic, police control, reminders for fixed trajectory speed traps,... So I needed something where the phone would be visible.

After seeking information on this forum I went for the Brodit Proclip and to be honest I am very happy with it. Fits perfect on the car, good position for the phone, phone is tightly fixed. Very happy with it, I would certainly recommend it.

Last edited:

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Thanks @wemct!

I agree - I think they sent me the wrong mount.

Thanks you for sending the video - much appreciated!

Can you measure the length of the long side of the mounting bracket and let me know what that is? My guess is that is an inch or two longer than what they sent me.
I will be away from my car for a few weeks. I hope these are the measurements you needed.
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 20210318_140156_resized
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 20210318_140350_resized
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 20210318_135954_resized-1
Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 20210318_140030_resized

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
The biggest problem is it is out of sight so I forget to take the phone when I exit the car.
Every time the ignition is turned off the nice "lady" in our e-Tron makes an announcement that "your mobile device is still in the vehicle" as a reminder to remove it from the charging cradle. Very convenient. The Taycan doesn't have a similar feature that you can enable?

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I will be away from my car for a few weeks. I hope these are the measurements you needed.
Yes - thank You!

This is a big help. I need to get back to check - but it may be that mine has a slightly more bent angle than it should AND it may be that my 2021 has a smaller gap between the glass and the leather so there is not room to pivot with the more bent angle. I am in contact with ProClip and they are looking into this.

If there is anyone out there with a 2021 MY Taycan that has a ProClip that works please let me know.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the proclip for my 2020T for an iphone 12mini and it fits and works like a charm. Very satisfied.

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Proclip. Face unlock for the iPhone always works at this distance. It doesn’t block the screen or the shift lever. It’s like it’s meant to be there with all the other screens. I ran the cable from the center console within the trim so it exits right below the mount. It’s very integrated in appearance. It’s pricy but it works so well I ordered one for my Huracan just now.

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? 05E4AC90-B267-498D-A66F-B4F25D7DFADA

Porsche Taycan Phone holders for the Taycan - what are you using? C71DC73F-8A8C-4915-A38D-C3016DC24677

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Proclip. Face unlock for the iPhone always works at this distance. It doesn’t block the screen or the shift lever. It’s like it’s meant to be there with all the other screens. I ran the cable from the center console within the trim so it exits right below the mount. It’s very integrated in appearance. It’s pricy but it works so well I ordered one for my Huracan just now.

05E4AC90-B267-498D-A66F-B4F25D7DFADA.jpeg

C71DC73F-8A8C-4915-A38D-C3016DC24677.jpeg
So I put my Proclip on the passenger side so as not to block the Center Console. Potato, potatoe...

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
So I put my Proclip on the passenger side so as not to block the Center Console. Potato, potatoe...
I'm kinda thinking I'll do that with my Turbo (due in 6 days).

Already have the Proclip and fitted it to my phone. I sprung for the slightly overpriced model with built-in USB dock, and it works so smoothly that I'm glad. I looked at the Taycan center console with that passenger-side position in mind on my last couple of test drives, and I like the position, nearer to my hand and eye than it looks in photos, and the hand position will be stable and ideal for touching it, with the way the arm rests there.

All I need now is my car...

Last edited:

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm kinda thinking I'll do that with my Turbo (due in 6 days).

Already have the Proclip and fitted it to my phone. I sprung for the slightly overpriced model with built-in USB dock, and it works so smoothly that I'm glad. I looked at the Taycan center console with that passenger-side position in mind on my last couple of test drives, and I like the position, nearer to my hand and eye than it looks in photos, and the hand position will be stable and ideal for touching it, with the way the arm rests there.

All I need now is my car...
I'll try out the passenger side.

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes - thank You!

This is a big help. I need to get back to check - but it may be that mine has a slightly more bent angle than it should AND it may be that my 2021 has a smaller gap between the glass and the leather so there is not room to pivot with the more bent angle. I am in contact with ProClip and they are looking into this.

If there is anyone out there with a 2021 MY Taycan that has a ProClip that works please let me know.
I wanted to post a follow up. ProClip sent me a modified version of the mounting clip and it works great. They said they are looking for a local 2021 Taycan to examine to see if that change is needed for future orders - and also now know that if others have issues with a 2021 Taycan what to do. They were great to work with!

Also - thanks @wemct for posting the pics with measurements and everyone else on this thread who helped give info on the ProClip :)

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
It is nice to hear that Proclip was willing to work with you on a resolution.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Nothing. Phone in pocket unless charging. CarPlay/PCM for texting and phone calls. WAZE on PCM screen.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Nothing. Phone in pocket unless charging. CarPlay/PCM for texting and phone calls. WAZE on PCM screen.
I've found that on long trips the carplay hookup uses a lot of battery so I plug it in and leave it in that thing in the middle.
I am surprised that nobody has ever ripped into whomever it was that designed that terrible contraption
Sponsored