Mediterranean Highway November Delivery

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
Hmmm, I wonder if submitting the VIN and ownership info earlier would have helped. For instance, I have the VIN but the system requires me to provide proof of ownership and ID. I get the impression that it's manually vetted and approved. If that's the case doing it on the spot would not generate an instant approval which could be why it's not working.

But then the dealer probably would have known that so maybe not...
Perhaps. Just relied on the dealer on this one. Hoping you're right about manual vetting and approval, with that approval to come soon.

At a minimum, PCNA claims to be working on it and I may take it back to the dealer to have them take a look at it if no progress by middle of next week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
yoursuf

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
Happy to report, I took delivery on Saturday. Other than Porsche Connect issues, the car is exceeding expectations so far.
Picked it up today, same issue here with Porsche connect.. any update from your end?

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Hmmm, I wonder if submitting the VIN and ownership info earlier would have helped. For instance, I have the VIN but the system requires me to provide proof of ownership and ID. I get the impression that it's manually vetted and approved. If that's the case doing it on the spot would not generate an instant approval which could be why it's not working.

But then the dealer probably would have known that so maybe not...
I picked up my MY22 FBM Taycan 4 CT on Saturday, 13-Nov. It was also on the MH which arrived in Baltimore around 5-Nov. I only allotted a 90-minute window to do the "paper work" and new car orientation. That was not enough time to resolve the failed login attempt and I ended up leaving as a "Guest". After entering the ID and password, the "Login" button remained grayed out.

I added my car to the My Porsche app a few weeks prior to delivery. I submitted a copy of the Build Sheet with the VIN on it as proof of ownership, although technically the title was not transferred until I picked up the car on 13-Nov. I was surprised that the Build Sheet was accepted as proof of ownership.

I ordered the "free" Porsche Connect service using my cell phone from the dealership on the morning that I picked up the car. I did not do this step earlier since I wanted to get a full three years of the free service. I did not want the service to start until I knew I would actually be taking delivery of the car.

I returned to the dealer to have Winter tires mounted on 17-Nov. After 4 days, I was still unable to login. When writing up the work order to mount the tires, I asked that they check into the reason that a small red light next to the SOS button was blinking. It turns out that the red blinking light and the failed login attempts were related. The tech executed a complex series of steps that required the car to be parked outdoors (not in the service building). The entire process took several hours. Once the blinking red light changed to a steady green light I was able to login. You are given a choice to require a login every time the car is started or just do the login once during the initial set up. I chose the one-time login option. However, I am still required to enter the 4-digit PIN that I had entered into the My Porsche app every time I start the car. Although sometimes I am just asked to press a "Confirm" button instead of entering the PIN.

I hope this info helps some of the other forum members struggling to get through the login step.

When I get a chance, I will check the service receipt to see if it provides any more details as to how the blinking red light was fixed.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@fgwinn appreciate the info. I may submit my info and use the build sheet as well since it worked for you.

If you have any tips on anything you think I should or shouldn’t do let me know. It sounds like an annoyance to not be able to login and I’d rather not have to do a service visit since the dealer is 90 mins away.

So you don’t get even one year of free service when you buy the car?
Had no idea I’d have to pay for a subscription right away.

and congrats on the car!

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@fgwinn appreciate the info. I may submit my info and use the build sheet as well since it worked for you.

If you have any tips on anything you think I should or shouldn’t do let me know. It sounds like an annoyance to not be able to login and I’d rather not have to do a service visit since the dealer is 90 mins away.

So you don’t get even one year of free service when you buy the car?
Had no idea I’d have to pay for a subscription right away.

and congrats on the car!
Actually, you get three years of service for free. BUT, you have to provide a CC#. You will get an email receipt for the charge which is $0.00.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Actually, you get three years of service for free. BUT, you have to provide a CC#. You will get an email receipt for the charge which is $0.00.
good to know. Thanks.

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
Picked it up today, same issue here with Porsche connect.. any update from your end?
I guess misery loves company...hoping one of us is able to figure out a solution / best practice to share.

No updates on my end. I will likely try the approach below today and take it in next week if this doesn't work tonight and there are no PCNA updates by Monday.

Porsche Taycan Mediterranean Highway November Delivery IMG_0990.PNG

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I guess misery loves company...hoping one of us is able to figure out a solution / best practice to share.

No updates on my end. I will likely try the approach below today and take it in next week if this doesn't work tonight and there are no PCNA updates by Monday.

IMG_0990.PNG
I doubt if these instructions work on the Taycan - different PCM to the one described.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I picked up my MY22 FBM Taycan 4 CT on Saturday, 13-Nov. It was also on the MH which arrived in Baltimore around 5-Nov. I only allotted a 90-minute window to do the "paper work" and new car orientation. That was not enough time to resolve the failed login attempt and I ended up leaving as a "Guest". After entering the ID and password, the "Login" button remained grayed out.

I added my car to the My Porsche app a few weeks prior to delivery. I submitted a copy of the Build Sheet with the VIN on it as proof of ownership, although technically the title was not transferred until I picked up the car on 13-Nov. I was surprised that the Build Sheet was accepted as proof of ownership.

I ordered the "free" Porsche Connect service using my cell phone from the dealership on the morning that I picked up the car. I did not do this step earlier since I wanted to get a full three years of the free service. I did not want the service to start until I knew I would actually be taking delivery of the car.

I returned to the dealer to have Winter tires mounted on 17-Nov. After 4 days, I was still unable to login. When writing up the work order to mount the tires, I asked that they check into the reason that a small red light next to the SOS button was blinking. It turns out that the red blinking light and the failed login attempts were related. The tech executed a complex series of steps that required the car to be parked outdoors (not in the service building). The entire process took several hours. Once the blinking red light changed to a steady green light I was able to login. You are given a choice to require a login every time the car is started or just do the login once during the initial set up. I chose the one-time login option. However, I am still required to enter the 4-digit PIN that I had entered into the My Porsche app every time I start the car. Although sometimes I am just asked to press a "Confirm" button instead of entering the PIN.

I hope this info helps some of the other forum members struggling to get through the login step.

When I get a chance, I will check the service receipt to see if it provides any more details as to how the blinking red light was fixed.
Here’s a copy of the service ticket. Perhaps someone who understands what was done can explain it to the rest of us.

Porsche Taycan Mediterranean Highway November Delivery 77F94C91-31AF-4353-80F7-4FBC0FEAC6EB
Sponsored