Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
i have to unplug mine and take it upto my flat wifi. Is it worth doing? i dont use any of the charger's connect features as it is underground without wifi
Really difficult to say since there are no release notes available? At least I hve not been able to find any. Seem to indicate some new features to come though.
Sponsored

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not a lot of value then but if you haven't disabled the PLC connection (network type) then you should as this is quoted in the 12V battery drain issues on this forum.

Beyond that then not a lot to be gained and your setup can be performed directly on the PMCC apart from linking to your Porsche Connect ID.

If time permits perhaps go through this once to register your device etc.
Apologies for my ignorance

I setup the charger and checked for updates about 8 weeks ago, it has no wifi since then. when you say disable the PLC, do you mean any data services such as wifi?

i setup my device to only charge my car without a pin

MadsK

First Name
Mads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry I was wrong. Via WiFi I can see all the charging history going back to the time when the car was delivered. Dates, time, costs etc. It is also possible to download that information ina file. Maybe there is a way of doing a complete back up of all the data and the restore it once a factory rest has been done? Project for the day!!! :)
According to Porsche Connect Support, Porsche has stored all charging data on their own computer. It should therefore be possible, again according to Porsche, to be sent old charging data if something is lost.
When you read charging history at https://connect-portal.porsche.com/charging-service/ you get, as far as I can see, data directly from Porsche Server.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to Porsche Connect Support, Porsche has stored all charging data on their own computer. It should therefore be possible, again according to Porsche, to be sent old charging data if something is lost.
When you read charging history at https://connect-portal.porsche.com/charging-service/ you get, as far as I can see, data directly from Porsche Server.
This is interesting. So Porsche knows the entire charging history of your vehicle? I am thinking of warranty claims and resale value. Not likely to affect warranty claims as the recommendations by Porsche are just that, recommendations, though you might have to litigate. Resale gets more interesting. I see a number of posts especially by owners on lease who clearly do not appear to want to follow the recommendations. I have also seen other posts where this is claimed to be BS.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Apologies for my ignorance

I setup the charger and checked for updates about 8 weeks ago, it has no wifi since then. when you say disable the PLC, do you mean any data services such as wifi?

i setup my device to only charge my car without a pin
No, leave WiFi for the times you do connect to WiFi.

PLC (Powerline Communication) is another type of network connection which uses your electrical circuit at home to extend your network assuming you have PLC adapters. So only disable this one (it may already be ‘deactivated’ and if so leave as is).

Note that you can enable the PMCC hotspot and connect directly to the PMCC via your phone WiFi - if you enable this then search on your phone for the network name (SSID) - details in your letter / envelope which came with your PMCC - might worth trying this as you’ll be able to perform most tasks using the web interface for Porsche Mobile Charging.

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
Really difficult to say since there are no release notes available? At least I hve not been able to find any. Seem to indicate some new features to come though.
Not being able to crosspost I share the screenshot I have documented in another post. These are the changenotes from Porsche website

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning 1614797840844

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@elberk , thank you. Had not found those notes. Where did you find them?

The footnote indicates that the car also needs to have been updated to the latest release though. Hopefully that will come soon.

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
@elberk , thank you. Had not found those notes. Where did you find them?

The footnote indicates that the car also needs to have been updated to the latest release though. Hopefully that will come soon.
When downloading the Update image for offline update from Porsche website, it presents the change notes. Strangely enough, when your device has updated via OTA already, the website will deny you the file and info. So you have to be creative to enter a serial number like 0012345 and hope that it wasn't updated already.

And yes, I heard there is a car update campaign planned end of March, which possibly corresponds to some of the listed features.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
With "PLC enabled to vehicle" activated on PMCC and plug share enabled on PCM the PMCC comes to life with data being transmitted from the vehicle.

PCID (should be VIN) is passed from vehicle to PMCC for authorisation to charge requested. Once done the make and model appear in the authorised vehicle list and charging takes place (or paused if timer / profile has been set). Additional (useful) information is displayed both on PMCC and the associated web client.

I think the PMCC PIN can be enabled and for any pre-existing authorised vehicle no entry of PIN is required.

The only oddity I can see just now is that the range is displayed in Km (not miles) on the PMCC web client and the other way around on the Connect App or My Porsche. Localisation appears to be a little off.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
With "PLC enabled to vehicle" activated on PMCC and plug share enabled on PCM the PMCC comes to life with data being transmitted from the vehicle.

PCID (should be VIN) is passed from vehicle to PMCC for authorisation to charge requested. Once done the make and model appear in the authorised vehicle list and charging takes place (or paused if timer / profile has been set). Additional (useful) information is displayed both on PMCC and the associated web client.

I think the PMCC PIN can be enabled and for any pre-existing authorised vehicle no entry of PIN is required.

The only oddity I can see just now is that the range is displayed in Km (not miles) on the PMCC web client and the other way around on the Connect App or My Porsche. Localisation appears to be a little off.
can you post a screen shot of where in the PCM (Taycan main computer) you enable this?

I can't find it on my North American Taycan, but may not be looking in the right place.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My PMCC asked to be updated this morning after charging over night. I was in a hurry so I didn't bother to see the software version number.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
can you post a screen shot of where in the PCM (Taycan main computer) you enable this?

I can't find it on my North American Taycan, but may not be looking in the right place.
This may be a MY21 feature but look within the Charging menus or within the Vehicle settings.

Sorry I can't remember which menu precisely but it's too late in the day to go check - can do in the morning.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Plug and Charge is for now only on MY2021s. But thanks @W1NGE for confirming there is indeed communication between the two. And you confirmed that communication ceases if you disable PLC between the PMCC and vehicle in the PMCC service menu set-up? If so then we are stuck with a trade-off - disable PLC between PMCC and vehicle to reduce the risk of 12V battery death but loose some of this functionality, or keep it enabled and live with the risk...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Plug and Charge is for now only on MY2021s. But thanks @W1NGE for confirming there is indeed communication between the two. And you confirmed that communication ceases if you disable PLC between the PMCC and vehicle in the PMCC service menu set-up? If so then we are stuck with a trade-off - disable PLC between PMCC and vehicle to reduce the risk of 12V battery death but loose some of this functionality, or keep it enabled and live with the risk...
Yes that's right, no communication when PLC to vehicle is deactivated.

When activated the behaviour of the PMCC also changes when a timer / profile is active. The PMCC continues to flash blue to denote "Charging Paused" until timed to start whereas before it would revert to a steady green after a while even though charging was paused.

Once the new software upgrade is applied to the car I'm hoping the correct PCID is transmitted to the PMCC rather than a generic one.

The 12V risk lurks in the background but as I don't leave the charge cable connected for days (acknowledging the 72 hour warning above) I'm hoping it won't manifest itself.

Do we know the release date of the PMCC software update as I can't be sure what version mine was and never noticed the upgrade take place. The only time I saw an update was last November when I originally provisioned the PMCC and auto update has been enabled ever since?

The option to activate 'Plug and Charge' is embedded in the sub-menu of Charging:

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning 20210304_080250

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning 20210304_080227

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I can not find this either! It is probably a MY21 feature?. I have been searching all over the PCM but no luck.

Pity I would have loved to try that else.
Sponsored