POLL - Have PPF, Phew - Don't have, Ugh! Or in between?!

Which of the following best reflects your experience with PPF and Taycans? Select all that apply.

• Total voters

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
Agree with others that there paint seems soft and more vulnerable to chips and scratches. Did full stealth Xpel PPF and don’t regret it.

Porsche Taycan POLL - Have PPF, Phew - Don't have, Ugh! Or in between?! IMG_3447
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
My car will be going in for PPF next weekend - due to delays with the car I wasn’t able to coordinate to have it done before collection.

Fortunately I don’t have any long trips planned until later in the month, so hopefully I won’t pick up any stonechops or scuffs in the meantime.

This will be my first car with PPF.

BoilerG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm picking my car up later today after tint/full vehicle PPF applied. I couldn't get an appointment as quickly as I'd like so I have about 1,000 miles and already one small rock chip near the logo on the hood, despite being really careful. I spec'd this car and waiting for 18+ months for my allocation to arrive. This car has everything I could want and I intend to keep it a long time. I also really enjoy keeping my car clean and I've found it's impossible to keep fine scratches from accumulating no matter how careful you hand wash with a two bucket method. So, the ability to wash frequently without any fine scratches/spiderwebbing from the sun are an added bonus. But, it's not cheap. I opted for the Llumar Platinum Pro Gloss. Our other car has Llumar Valor, which has ceramic built in, but the performance of the ceramic didn't seem to justify the premium. If needed, I'll get ceramic added on top of this later.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I frigging LOVE the PPF. I did the whole car and would do it again the same way.

See this set of posts for detailed description..

Now, 12,000 miles and 18 months later, I appreciate the PPF even more.
  1. The car always looks clean
  2. The finish has a deep "luster"
  3. No chips or dings (despite thousands of miles on US 101 during two years of HOV lane construction
  4. Washing could not be easier. I use a pressure washer with soap dispenser.
    1. Soap
    2. Once over with a mit
    3. Rinse
    4. DRY WITH A LEAF BLOWER: see the video here

Here is thread on the price for full-vehicle PPF

Here is a fantastic YouTube series testing a variety of PPFs over 3-years:

OP
OP
dtich

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Thanks for all the votes and good responses, people! Very interesting!

And, yes, I am getting full PPF. Sold. ..Dealer bolted it onto my car payments.. so. It's hard to say no to that.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do not let the dealer do the PPF. Do your homework and find the best local installer in your area.

OP
OP
dtich

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
No, it's a good one. They do the payment through the dealer. But it's a very good shop. Thx!

NFBJRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Pretty pleased with the full PPF experience. The car is MUCH easier to keep looking clean. I paid a bit north of $8k, which I think is a lot. I’m figuring the convenience and benefit over the time I own the car is worth at least $3k. I’m hoping the improved condition at the time of sale down the road adds a bit to the value of the car vs a comparable car withour PPF. And then there is definitely a few thousand that I’ll never get back :)

But yea, recommend. If it saves you from some scratches or dings it could pay for itself a bit that way.
Sponsored