POLL: Is your Taycan missing the Charging Planner

POLL: Is your taycan missing the Charging Planner?

• Total voters

RPSRPS

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 TAYCAN GTS / '22 F150 HYBRID / '19 RANGER
Country flag
I received my CT4 2 weeks ago (built 2/25) and the honeymoon is not over yet. The only glitch I've noticed so far is the missing Charging Planner in the nav. Whenever I planned a long trip, the PCM will show a negative battery% upon destination without adding charging stops. I started a thread and so far there are 4 of us with '22 built after mid-January having the same problems in the forum:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/missing-charging-planner.10311/

I have reached out to Porsche support and they are currently looking into it. The contact person at Porsche support has been surprisingly responsive to my emails, so I thought to help him gather some data from the forum to help him and in turn help everyone with the same problem. Please kindly check whether you have the charging planner in your nav. I suspect there are many of us out there. To check, you click on navigation, then the 3 dots at the down right corner, there should be "route options" or "charging planner" depending on the version of your PCM. If you have "route options", look for charging planner as a submenu.
Picked up my 2022 GTS two weeks ago with PIRM - Charging Planner is not on the menu, however, you can Plan route from the My Porsche App which use the Charging Planner and send it to your vehicle, in which case, it works as advertised.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 650s, Mustang ME, Taycan CT4
Country flag
Picked up my 2022 GTS two weeks ago with PIRM - Charging Planner is not on the menu, however, you can Plan route from the My Porsche App which use the Charging Planner and send it to your vehicle, in which case, it works as advertised.
Yes, I could do that as well, but I could not set minimum battery% at destination. I'd rather not arrive at my destination with an empty tank of electrons. Could yours change battery% at destination?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Interesting. This feature works for others. I always thought it was just straight broken. Mine tells me "route calculation not possible" all the time.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. This feature works for others. I always thought it was just straight broken. Mine tells me "route calculation not possible" all the time.
My PCM will route me to the destination without adding any charging stops and gives me a negative battery percentage.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
My PCM will route me to the destination without adding any charging stops and gives me a negative battery percentage.
@RPSRPS was referring to the usage of the my Porsche app to do the route guidance and send that route to the car from the app. That route guidance has never worked for me on an android. Maybe it works on iOS.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@RPSRPS was referring to the usage of the my Porsche app to do the route guidance and send that route to the car from the app. That route guidance has never worked for me on an android. Maybe it works on iOS.
Got it. Yes MyPorsche nav works on iOS but couldn't really edit anything for long trips.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Speaking of charging, do people have the wireless charging working on their recently delivered cars? I don't have the option to "turn it on" and placing a phone in there doesn't seem to work.
Yes wireless charging works on ours (Jan build). Sometimes your case may be causing an issue.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yes wireless charging works on ours (Jan build). Sometimes your case may be causing an issue.
I don't use a case and still had issues until I upgraded to the largest size iPhone. It has to do with the phone sliding forward when braking, and stopping the charge.

Honestly it's not a great solution at all; it gets the phone extremely hot and charges very slowly. I ended up throwing a USB-C to Lightning cable in the console and will just do that.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't use a case and still had issues until I upgraded to the largest size iPhone. It has to do with the phone sliding forward when braking, and stopping the charge.

Honestly it's not a great solution at all; it gets the phone extremely hot and charges very slowly. I ended up throwing a USB-C to Lightning cable in the console and will just do that.
You could drive slower or brake less enthusiastically 🤣🤓🤣

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I think that’s why a usbc to lightening cable is included with the purchase…

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It could be or my trip was not long enough. The station is less than 10 mins away from my house. It also could be that your main battery naturally heated up because of the trip rather than the preconditioning?
I did a two hour trip today and the battery temp hovered around 90F the whole time. It’s interesting the ideal temp for charging is b/w 105 and 110F. Outside temp is 80 today

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I did a two hour trip today and the battery temp hovered around 90F the whole time. It’s interesting the ideal temp for charging is b/w 105 and 110F. Outside temp is 80 today
I thought I read on here that the ideal temp was more like 90 than over 100. In either case, did you set your destination using the PCM navigation to a charger station? If not, it wouldn’t have precondition the battery.

OP
OP
Pandsw

Pandsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought I read on here that the ideal temp was more like 90 than over 100. In either case, did you set your destination using the PCM navigation to a charger station? If not, it wouldn’t have precondition the battery.
I did.