Porsche Connect App is not available in my country, any body is facing the same problem?

DubaiEye

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Website
volt.ae
Vehicles
21Taycan TS,AC Cobra,Tesla X,Tesla 3,Zoe,Fiat 500e
Country flag
Hi,

I am from Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Porsche Middle East or their dealers are not availing the app - not creating users accounts for us in our country. The app is available on the AppStore but can not create users for our country.
I wonder if any other countries are facing the same or if there is a workaround for the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Thani

i will hack it just for fun

OP
OP
Thani

Thani

First Name
Thani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
UAE has it blocked for whatever reason - government / Etisalat / DU not able to support the service - not just for Taycan I would expect.
Why the country will block the app? Tesla app is working from day zero.
Porsche needs to be more transparent with us here.
I opened a complaint at Porsche Middle East funnily enough they have directed the ticket to the dealer. The dealers themselves are lost and they don’t have answers.
Shame on Porsche. It is really prohibiting us from having a good user experience with the Taycan. And in some scenarios it is a must have a app.

Nik1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Any update on this. I'm planning to buy a taycan 4s but this issue is holding me.
Doesn’t seem like it’s going to be available in UAE for a while. Shouldn’t hold you back though. The car is a pleasure to drive.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Why the country will block the app? Tesla app is working from day zero.
Porsche needs to be more transparent with us here.
I opened a complaint at Porsche Middle East funnily enough they have directed the ticket to the dealer. The dealers themselves are lost and they don’t have answers.
Shame on Porsche. It is really prohibiting us from having a good user experience with the Taycan. And in some scenarios it is a must have a app.
Connect services are available for other Porsche models (all are available in UAE) - have you checked if their connect services are working?

At the very least your dealer should be well equipped to answer this with a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer.

The Taycan brochure for UAE suggest Porsche Connect app (and services) are available but doesn't list which one. A simple test might be to create a Porsche ID on My Porsche (Middle East) and see if that provides more (accurate) information on what to expect.

Some features may be restricted rather than 'blocked' but again your dealer must know the details.

Saary

First Name
Ayoub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not yet
Country flag
Are you serious?!
Really?!
My god, why did you even consider buying a Porsche?
Weather in the UAE is very hot 50c in the summer.

I used to remotely start my cars to cool the inside before getting to the the car.

OP
OP
Thani

Thani

First Name
Thani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Connect services are available for other Porsche models (all are available in UAE) - have you checked if their connect services are working?

At the very least your dealer should be well equipped to answer this with a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer.

The Taycan brochure for UAE suggest Porsche Connect app (and services) are available but doesn't list which one. A simple test might be to create a Porsche ID on My Porsche (Middle East) and see if that provides more (accurate) information on what to expect.

Some features may be restricted rather than 'blocked' but again your dealer must know the details.
I have checked with the dealer and the Connect app/services never worked for any Porsche model so far. So the Taycan is not an exception.

This is really not acceptable by any standards. I have tried every possible channel to know form Porsche or the dealer when it is going to be available and why is it not available. No clear answer so far. The irony is that the complaint that I raised to Porsche they have forwarded it to the dealer although the issue is with Porsche not the dealer as the poor dealer is clueless.
I am going to complain to the consumer protection department in Dubai and I urge the Porsche owners who are facing the same issue to do the same.

Saary

First Name
Ayoub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not yet
Country flag
I think the issue is not porsche uae it's porsche middle east. I called porsche middle east and they gave me someone number in Germany who is handling the problem. But I never called.

Marcodarro

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have checked with the dealer and the Connect app/services never worked for any Porsche model so far. So the Taycan is not an exception.

This is really not acceptable by any standards. I have tried every possible channel to know form Porsche or the dealer when it is going to be available and why is it not available. No clear answer so far. The irony is that the complaint that I raised to Porsche they have forwarded it to the dealer although the issue is with Porsche not the dealer as the poor dealer is clueless.
I am going to complain to the consumer protection department in Dubai and I urge the Porsche owners who are facing the same issue to do the same.

It is incredible that we in the UAE do not have access to all of the features, while Tesla owners do. Please let's gather our forces and ask/scream with Al Nabooda or anyone else that we need this Connect unlocked yesterday.

Please tell me what to do, ho to email, who to call and I will do it.

Saary

First Name
Ayoub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not yet
Country flag
It is incredible that we in the UAE do not have access to all of the features, while Tesla owners do. Please let's gather our forces and ask/scream with Al Nabooda or anyone else that we need this Connect unlocked yesterday.

Please tell me what to do, ho to email, who to call and I will do it.
Call porsche middle east and Africa . 04 356 9911.

OP
OP
Thani

Thani

First Name
Thani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the issue is not porsche uae it's porsche middle east. I called porsche middle east and they gave me someone number in Germany who is handling the problem. But I never called.
Agreed. As I mentioned in the thread, it is Porsche Middle East and not the dealers. I called the number they gave you and they opened a complaint and forwarded it to the dealer. Isn’t this ironic :(
Sponsored