Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
In response to the Porsche Stop Use memo for the supplied Porsche Wall Charger I purchased a plug in version Charge Point Charger and installed that as my replacement. I sent my purchase information to the Porsche reimbursement site on March 1st and received my reimbursement check today. Nice! BTW, the Charge Point does a super job, easy to use, well made and has a very nice cable.
Was this for the wall charger? I thought only the mobile charger was getting the refund.
In response to the Porsche Stop Use memo for the supplied Porsche Wall Charger I purchased a plug in version Charge Point Charger and installed that as my replacement. I sent my purchase information to the Porsche reimbursement site on March 1st and received my reimbursement check today. Nice! BTW, the Charge Point does a super job, easy to use, well made and has a very nice cable.
i thought the reimbursement was just for the mobile charger. I didn’t know that the wall charger was covered too.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Yeah the cable + connector on ChargePoint's are great. Seem very sturdy and are not at all difficult to release.

Similar for me too. I got my ChargePoint on Dec 18, 2023 and just submitted for reimbursement a few days ago. I guess we'll see.
I got mine in Sep 2021 and got my check (yesterday).

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Was this for the wall charger? I thought only the mobile charger was getting the refund.

i thought the reimbursement was just for the mobile charger. I didn’t know that the wall charger was covered too.
porsche is not very strict - it's for a replacement EVSE mobile or otherwise…upto $600

OP
OP
Warrior 6

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag

Interesting, hadn't thought of it like that. I know the concern was for the 220v 40 amp charging, not the slower 110 v. I refer to that unit/capability as a wall charger, 220v., 40 amp.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, hadn't thought of it like that. I know the concern was for the 220v 40 amp charging, not the slower 110 v. I refer to that unit/capability as a wall charger, 220v., 40 amp.
I’m confused. Are both chargers a problem? If so are they both eligible for the refund? If you have both can you get 2 refunds??

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I just went to the dealer and was totally confused between the reimbursement for new charger vs. replacement of the cable. The reimbursement form states that the retail purchase of the car must fall between Dec 2023 and April 2024, mine was June 2023, so the reimbursement would not apply to me, then I asked about the cable replacement which should have the temp sensor, that one is not available and who knows if ever. I wonder if someone can clarify what can I do. I do not use anything that came in a case as I charge at home using hard wired EVSE but my only use of the provided charger 240V cable would be if I need to charge at a rental stay from a dryer outlet.
My understanding is that there is special consideration for recent deliveries where the dealer doesn’t provide the included or optional charger with delivery. Instead they give you $750 and a list of suggested chargers. I presume later in 2024 you might get the Porsche charger with the updated cable as in the window sticker. If you took delivery and have the charger, you are on the $600 with receipt plan directly from Porsche USA.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
My understanding is that there is special consideration for recent deliveries where the dealer doesn’t provide the included or optional charger with delivery. Instead they give you $750 and a list of suggested chargers. I presume later in 2024 you might get the Porsche charger with the updated cable as in the window sticker. If you took delivery and have the charger, you are on the $600 with receipt plan directly from Porsche USA.
This is the perfect explanation and makes total sense. My confusion was twofold, I did not read the entire letter thinking I just need to wait on the revised cable with the temp sensor (I never used the mobile charger that came with the car in the bag), where if I would have read what was in the framed box, then I would have taken action sooner to e-mail for reimbursement for the up to $600 option. Then when I came to the dealer, the SA printed a separate document with date range of delivery and up to $750 reimbursement, that would not apply to me, since I do not fall into the delivery scope.

The good news is that everyone should be able to get up to $600 for any charger that they have purchased on their own (given proof of purchase), regardless of when they bought it up to the claim deadline of Aug 31, 2024.

enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
I received a $750. credit from my local dealer so I did my best to spend it all. I went with an Autel MaxiCharger AC Elite Home 50A EV Charger. It has a great app and has a generous 25 foot cable.

My service manage said it could 8 to 10 weeks for the reimbursement check to arrive. Hopefully it will arrive long before that.

...and to be all matchy matchy, I added a mamba green Porsche sticker to the front of the case.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Reimbursement for a non-Porsche wall charger autel_install

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I’m confused. Are both chargers a problem? If so are they both eligible for the refund? If you have both can you get 2 refunds??
the Wall Charger from Porsche is not subject to the recall because it's hardwired…

the Porsche Mobile Charger Plug (PMC+) and Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) are the subject of the recall

either the PMC+/PMCC were included with the vehicle as standard equipment - and both have a substandard NEMA 14-50/6-50 power supply cable which runs very very warm/hot during normal operation - in some cases the NEMA cords can actually cause thermal stress on cheap NEMA sockets and cause them to deform/melt over time leading to potential electrical problems…

Porsche has issues a recall for both the PMC+/PMCC but do not yet have the necessary parts to restore full functionality…so they are offering compensation if you wish to obtain an alternative non-Porsche EVSE…

details an history can be found here - along with a written recall notice in later posts on the thread…

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the Wall Charger from Porsche is not subject to the recall because it's hardwired…

the Porsche Mobile Charger Plug (PMC+) and Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) are the subject of the recall

either the PMC+/PMCC were included with the vehicle as standard equipment - and both have a substandard NEMA 14-50/6-50 power supply cable which runs very very warm/hot during normal operation - in some cases the NEMA cords can actually cause thermal stress on cheap NEMA sockets and cause them to deform/melt over time leading to potential electrical problems…

Porsche has issues a recall for both the PMC+/PMCC but do not yet have the necessary parts to restore full functionality…so they are offering compensation if you wish to obtain an alternative non-Porsche EVSE…

details an history can be found here - along with a written recall notice in later posts on the thread…

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/
Thanks so much! Very clear explanation for a muddled old man😀

OP
OP
Warrior 6

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
They are the same. The charger provided with the Taycan can do 110v. and 220v. just by changing the leads.. I mounted mine to the wall with a 220v.circuit.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
either the PMC+/PMCC were included with the vehicle as standard equipment - and both have a substandard NEMA 14-50/6-50 power supply cable which runs very very warm/hot during normal operation
And for those who didn't follow the threads leading up to the full recall, here's a photo with the NEMA 14-50 cable of my Grizzl-E charger/EVSE versus the Porsche cable seen behind.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Reimbursement for a non-Porsche wall charger 1000001874

No, that's not an illusion; the Grizzl-E cable with the same amperage rating really is that much thicker than the Porsche.

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
I emailed my ChargePoint receipt on March 4 so hopefully should see my $ soon.

Note- I had purchased the ChargePoint BEFORE the issue was noted by Porsche.....I had to use a non-Porsche charger to take advantage of my utility company's Time of Use rates (for some reason the Porsche Mobile Connect was not on their list of approved chargers).

I am hoping that they will cover it even though it was purchased in December.

🤞
IF they dont cover check out my post re taking Porsche to arbitration over the charger.

Tomato

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Got my $600 check today.

Car purchased in Jan 2023
Submitted receipt for Tesla Universal EVSE purchased in Jan 2024

Feb 20 - Emailed them all the required documents and got no response.
Mar 7 - Emailed again and got generic auto reply to submit documents again
Mar 21 - Received check via FedEx overnight.
Sponsored