OP
DaddyCool

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
My build slot has been put back 4 weeks (again)

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
That article is from March, 2022.

OP
OP
DaddyCool

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
For Fox Sake....anyway just been told today build slot moved back by 4ish weeks (following anniversary of this article) without a specified reason...was due to be be completed April 7th...now May 12th

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Bugger. I'm making my second attempt at visiting the Taycan Factory next Thursday. Looks like there's going to be no point doing the six hour drive from Holland to Stuttgart. My dad is coming from the UK to join me on it. All completely pointless now.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bugger. I'm making my second attempt at visiting the Taycan Factory next Thursday. Looks like there's going to be no point doing the six hour drive from Holland to Stuttgart. My dad is coming from the UK to join me on it. All completely pointless now.
Did you read the article, or just the headline? Look at the dateline on it.

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
For Fox Sake....anyway just been told today build slot moved back by 4ish weeks (following anniversary of this article) without a specified reason...was due to be be completed April 7th...now May 12th
My car is suppose to go into production 3/17/23 but TYD shows error so i can't see if it actually changed.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you read the article, or just the headline? Look at the dateline on it.
I read the article, thank you. Carefully, and in full. What I missed is one small, single digit, at the very top of the article, not in the main body of text. After also hearing from two other sources this week that production was possibly being stopped due to the faulty heaters, and that this thread was created today, I was clearly taken down a certain garden path. Mitigating, I was rushing to read it as I saw this thread just before I was due back at work from my break, controlling a busy piece of airspace over central Europe where, ironically, attention to detail and reading numbers quickly is quite important. I can't promise to hold a full incident investigation, but I do apologise for not being more careful.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I read the article, thank you. Carefully, and in full. What I missed is one small, single digit, at the very top of the article, not in the main body of text. After also hearing from two other sources this week that production was possibly being stopped due to the faulty heaters, and that this thread was created today, I was clearly taken down a certain garden path. Mitigating, I was rushing to read it as I saw this thread just before I was due back at work from my break, controlling a busy piece of airspace over central Europe where, ironically, attention to detail and reading numbers quickly is quite important. I can't promise to hold a full incident investigation, but I do apologise for not being more careful.
I probably had an advantage, as I've been following the production saga(s) long enough to recognize the wiring harness issue was from last spring/summer.

Wasn't meant to be a criticism. We're all equally excited/frustrated/on edge regarding when our orders will be delivered.

ETA...my point was to communicate you don't need to change your plans. It seems you should still be able to visit the factory, and watch them put faulty heater components in new cars to be held at ports awaiting functional replacements. ;)

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I probably had an advantage, as I've been following the production saga(s) long enough to recognize the wiring harness issue was from last spring/summer.

Wasn't meant to be a criticism. We're all equally excited/frustrated/on edge regarding when our orders will be delivered.

ETA...my point was to communicate you don't need to change your plans. It seems you should still be able to visit the factory, and watch them put faulty heater components in new cars to be held at ports awaiting functional replacements. ;)
Yes, it is a huge relief. We had non-refundable hotels booked and it's our second attempt to visit the Taycan factory, also.

I'm expecting a perplexed employee of the museum to read my email this morning wondering why I think the factory is being shut down for a week. :CWL:

I hope it doesn't give the managers on the production line any ideas of how to solve the bottlenecks...
Sponsored