daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Porsche’s own claims are that for most normal driving regeneration covers 90% of normal stopping.

When you go to the brake pedal you are not necessarily involving the friction brakes - porsche blends the braking and a lot of normall stopping/slowing of the vehicle will be entirely handled by regeneration (using the EV motors to slow/stop the vehicle) - when this occurs the friction brakes are not used and are purely decorative.

this is common with EV’s and one of the reasons brakes on EV’s last so long (250,000 miles or more) and EV maintenance is so much lower than gasoline vehicles.
Sponsored

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
When you press the brake pedal it is actually starting regen rather than pressing the discs brakes and pads. The Taycan was produce 270kw of regen when braking versus 77kw on a Tesla model 3. Hence the brakes are rarely used. this regen function of the brake pedal is not Dependant on the regen switch selection. I think it produces something like 0.4g retardation before the brake pads start to do there work.
Got it, thank you.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
My only real concern is the delay these brakes are supposedly causing.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I would agree with you, I just don’t see the issue, yes they look a bit smaller but still look cool. The standard steel brakes are just fine, the brakes discs and pads are just not used in general driving so there is little to no dust anyway
You’ve inadvertently hit the nail on the head with the standard brakes are fine comment. For me personally I wanted the 21” mission e wheels but couldn’t order them without spec’ing the unnecessary brake option. So I paid in excess of 2k extra for the brake upgrade. Justified it as the 10 pots look fantastic, and as with many options aesthetics was the primary motive. Then they got smaller and even more pointless and as stated the original brakes are fine. I don’t even like the white colour and would prefer the red ( don’t think white will go with crayon that well). Now wish I’d ordered the aero alloys but hey ho. * rant over ?

Hollywood

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4S
Country flag
My Arizona dealer confirmed no Taycan PSCB delay on end November production. However they were notified of a PSCB delay on Cayenne and Macan models.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Arizona dealer confirmed no Taycan PSCB delay on end November production. However they were notified of a PSCB delay on Cayenne and Macan models.
There’s at least one person on this forum that hasn’t had that experience.

I believe he had a late November production that has been moved to January.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
There’s at least one person on this forum that hasn’t had that experience.

I believe he had a late November production that has been moved to January.
That was me. My build date was 11/27 and now it is 1/15. All because of the PSCB.

Hollywood

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4S
Country flag
Dealer confirmed PSCB on my November build only one week delay from original V250 date of 11/27. Delivery(V900) now expected 2/12/21

haesoph

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla Model X
Country flag
That was me. My build date was 11/27 and now it is 1/15. All because of the PSCB.
I just spoke to my dealer. I have PSCB and a December build, and He said I have a 2/12/21 delivery date. that's a small bump back from my original delivery quote of mid-Jan. To be honest a little disappointed because the only reason I sprung for PSCB was to have the big 10-pot brake/Mission E wheel combo, but hey, on the other hand, I'm still getting an electric Porsche super-sedan so I'm good.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just spoke to my dealer. I have PSCB and a December build, and He said I have a 2/12/21 delivery date. that's a small bump back from my original delivery quote of mid-Jan. To be honest a little disappointed because the only reason I sprung for PSCB was to have the big 10-pot brake/Mission E wheel combo, but hey, on the other hand, I'm still getting an electric Porsche super-sedan so I'm good.
What is your code? I have a December build and I had an error code of V110 and my dealer told me with this code, it would not even set a production date.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
My code is still at V210... did you get your error code before or after V210?
My error code was related to 1ZP which is the PSCB brakes. My build is still on for January 15 but no guarantee. I don't know how others are getting their dealerships telling them they are only behind a week when I was told all December allocations were on hold until early January.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My code is still at V210... did you get your error code before or after V210?
I did my order just a little while ago. The allocation had a V210 code with a production date, but when they changed that allocation to my specs, with the brakes, the error code came up. When they took off the brakes, it went back to the December 18th build date.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did my order just a little while ago. The allocation had a V210 with a production date, but when they changed that allocation to my specs, with the brakes, the error code came up. When they took off the brakes, it went back to December 18 build date.
I kept the brakes and my V260 went to 1/15 from 11/27. Let's hope the brakes are available for my January build.
Sponsored