Regret Standard Interior?

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Spec the full leather and save elsewhere imho.

From your build personally I would have it before the rear axel steering and insulated glass.
RAS is worth every penny and would option it over leather and all other cosmetic options that I spec’d every time (outside of mission E wheels painted in high gloss black)
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
This is a very good question and the option I am struggling with the most as I approach my lock date. Right now, I am thinking full leather black/limestone beige with my Gentian Blue RWD. I consider full leather black as well. However, I will be able to see a standard leather in a couple weeks.
I have that interior and like it a lot

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
Consider window film instead.
Just looked at the standard specs and it says you get Thermally Insulated Glass All Around as standard, so any idea what your getting with the addition of Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass other than acoustic protection?

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't recall seeing steering wheel heating on your build. You might consider using some of the savings to add that on.
I wish they had steering wheel cooling, I would pay $2k for that. Alas steering wheel heating will never get used (and has never gotten used).

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
RAS is worth every penny and would option it over leather and all other cosmetic options that I spec’d every time (outside of mission E wheels painted in high gloss black)
Have never had RAS but really excited about it this time around.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I configured the base Black/Limestone Beige interior in my 4S and I think it's just fine. No complaints as it looks and feels very premium.

I’d spend the $4700 up-charge Porsche charges for the full leather or $7100 for the Olea Club on more useful performance-based options or even the Burmester.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan was CPO so I can't really have regrets since I love the overall package that I got—and I would definitely do it again. That being said, if I bought new, full leather would be high on the list but not a must-have option.

Porscherookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
Just locked in my build for my RWD with standard black interior. Really wanted Bordeaux…… but my wife could not wrap her head around $4700 for a non-functional upgrade. Hoping I’m not kicking myself once car is delivered.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Standard interior is great. No regrets. Sure, if I had the extra cash, I’d go full leather.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
Only a week but I have no regrets over the standard Gray ..... but this is such a personal decision I don't really think my view should have much to do with your choice.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I would have opted for the standard leather if you could get the 18 way Sport Seats Plus with ventilation. The adjustable bolsters are a must for me as the 14 ways are large for my frame and unsupportive. Ventilation is a must as well.

IMO, the leather upgrade is more important for the trim than the seats; the dash and door leather is definitely a step up. The Race tex also misses the mark here with great seats, but no upgraded trim.

Last edited:

AboveTheLaw

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, G63
Country flag
I have no options, not one, nothing, nada.. a blank window sticker of 81K and no regrets. I was going to add PTS for 13k but decided not to ruin a great ideal.
Not one option? That's great. I tried to find a low sticker car and had difficulty in SOCAL. I did manage to put my name on a sub-90k car which comes in about 2 weeks.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Drove demo car with standard interior and from the second I took the seat I knew I will never order the car without full leather. It reminded me of my friend’s GLE AMG that has crazy rims and rear seat tv screens but not full leather interior. The plastic on the dash is in front of you all the time while driving. In my opinion it makes the car lose a ton of luxury feel.
Sponsored

Last edited: