nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
I have no options, not one, nothing, nada.. a blank window sticker of 81K and no regrets. I was going to add PTS for 13k but decided not to ruin a great ideal.
A purist. There's something refreshing about it!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just looked at the standard specs and it says you get Thermally Insulated Glass All Around as standard, so any idea what your getting with the addition of Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass other than acoustic protection?
Its thicker glass with a noise insulation layer in the middle - you dealer will have car (any Porsche) with it fitted, best take a look.

Thermal (or not) the car gets warm inside when in the sun.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the standard interior in gray with 14 way cooled seats, all good. This car is my daily driver and I have dog that rides with us regularly. Know that ACC is a pre-requisite for Innodrive if you decide to add that later. RAS makes this fairly large car handle some tight turns I regularly have to perform. RAS also provides a quicker ratio steering rack.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I use the Innodrive on every motorway journey (do a lot of them). It’s not up to Tesla standards but it usually works fine and would definitely get it again. Standard seats look good IMO (and heating is excellent) but aren’t very comfortable on a long journey? Are the 14/18 way seats different/better seats or just more adjustment? Heated steering wheel is a bit weak. Standard sound also seems a bit tinny compared with the Tesla, although the cabin is much quieter! The Chrono pack looked like the most useless option to me? My wife couldn’t believe I paid for the fake sound - but me and the kids love it ?

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I went with the standard interior (Gray) for mine with the thinking that I have a teenage daughter who plays lacrosse (muddy cleats) and a Labrador so easy to clean and durable were the priority vs appearance. The other factor is that in the Texas sun leather shrinks and lifts (I had it happen on the dash my S-Class which was garaged 90+% of the time)

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
I went with the standard interior (Gray) for mine with the thinking that I have a teenage daughter who plays lacrosse (muddy cleats) and a Labrador so easy to clean and durable were the priority vs appearance.
I almost had a heart attack! You let your dog and your children in your Taycan! For shame! Let them take the S class, or egads, even walk...

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
Yep, I let my daughter and my dog in the car....now my wife is a different story :CWL:

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree, delete (rear) seat heating. Personally not a fan of neodyme. I use ACC a lot and I think it gives you additional future options, so I would keep. I always regretted standard leather in my Panamera (have full in my Taycan which I really like) but if you are not having two-tone leather and just black, standard should be OK. I really like the wheels you have chosen for the CT but if budget is tight then standard 20" look OK on the 4CT to my eyes. Standard glass is thermally insulated: the insulated glass is more about sound insulation. I have standard glass but would have liked the additional sound insulation myself.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Spec the full leather and save elsewhere imho.
Agreed. It's a Porsche and deserves it. I'm currently in a 4S loaner without leather and it just doesn't seem luxury and fitting of a Porsche.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
If you want a luxury car, go ahead and spec a luxury interior, if you want a sports car, you can manage with a less fancy one.

It all depends on what you expect and what you had before. I had an Audi A4, it was nothing special so the standard interior looks fine to me. If I was used to luxury interiors with all kinds of whistles and bells, I might have been disappointed. As it stands now, I am happy with my choice but everyone has to decide for themselves what they want and how they like it.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
That is personal preference, yes. But imagine buying a car this expensive and having to look at a plastic dash all the time while driving. Nobody in the back 90% of the time so those heated seats were totally worth it. The Taycan is a sport”y” car but no 911 GT3. Even in a 911 Carrera S the standard plastic interior would kill me. The Taycan is a sporty luxurious electric car that just loses the luxury part by a significant amount when having the plastic interior. Said it before, drove both versions and to me it was one of the most important things to spec.

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
That is personal preference, yes. But imagine buying a car this expensive and having to look at a plastic dash all the time while driving. Nobody in the back 90% of the time so those heated seats were totally worth it. The Taycan is a sport”y” car but no 911 GT3. Even in a 911 Carrera S the standard plastic interior would kill me. The Taycan is a sporty luxurious electric car that just loses the luxury part by a significant amount when having the plastic interior. Said it before, drove both versions and to me it was one of the most important things to spec.
In the UK a base 992 carrera comes with extended leather…
I deliberated for a while but after spending time in both I went for the extended. It not just the feel, but also the smell that lifts the whole experience.
At this price point it should be standard (like the 992) however Porsche are obviously still clawing back their R&D costs with this being their first electric car

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
In the UK a base 992 carrera comes with extended leather…
I deliberated for a while but after spending time in both I went for the extended. It not just the feel, but also the smell that lifts the whole experience.
At this price point it should be standard (like the 992) however Porsche are obviously still clawing back their R&D costs with this being their first electric car
The 4 and 4S are massively less expensive than Turbo and Turbo S and I suppose this reduction needs to be made somewhere!

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
The 4 and 4S are massively less expensive than Turbo and Turbo S and I suppose this reduction needs to be made somewhere!
Agreed - but a taycan 4s is similarly priced to a base carrera.

But yes in the taycan range they need to justify the price differential, as your pretty much paying £40k for a pair of upgraded electric motors “4 vs turbo s”.
Sponsored