LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Back to the topic of the original post, the problem with Georgia is that you have to choose between custom vanity plates OR the Alternative Fuel Vehicle plate. Ultimately, I chose the AFV plate, which will still indicate to other drivers that the Taycan isn't just another ICE car, and also allows me the perks of the AFV plate, especially access to the HOV lanes even when solo.

Brent
Sponsored

Last edited:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Also getting that color, and I’ve been having a very hard time not naming the car Elsa.
Haha, I get that, too. The Taycan's pent-up energy certainly mirrors hers.

Fro❄Zen, gotta love it!

I almost chose Fro❄Zen for my personalized plate (except with ❄ replaced by the Zia Sun symbol, which is actually a character choice for NM plates). But, the consensus in my family was for "Let It Go", thus the pictured result.

The FBM color and the car each get positive attention from people, and expressions of admiration upon their first sighting. "Beautiful Color!", and, of course the "Nice Car!" comment that I'm sure most Taycan drivers often get. One dry, clear afternoon recently, as I left the serene Tamaya Resort, I was walking out the front entryway and caught sight of a woman, who was still dressed in a full-length white gown for the wedding ceremony a few hours earlier. She was taking a few photos of my Taycan, and finally crouched close to it for a good angle on the badges and the plate, with a delighted grin on her face. Made my day.

I continue to adore this car, and occasionally find myself wandering into the garage just to gawk or climbing in to sit and revel in it. And naturally there are pleasure cruises that would be unthinkable to me in an ICE vehicle.

Hope you enjoy yours as well, and it will be worth the wait when the delivery happens.

OP
OP
ampitup

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'll put in a plug for the PCA too. I'm new to it, but they are really active and I've met a lot of great folks. I just joined the Peachstate PCA when I got my Taycan in September. Since then, I've participated in a Porsches and Coffee (but it was at a brewery, so more like Porsches and Beer), a Rally School, and three Tours: Wolf Mountain Winery, the tour to the HPDE at Road Atlanta, and just the previous weekend to the Little White House. I was the only Taycan at most of these, save for a Dealer car at the brewery, until last weekend where there were three of us for the Little White House tour. To be fair, @dflohr was at the Road Atlanta tour but his Taycan was waiting at the port in Jacksonville and hadn't been delivered yet.

Brent
Hi Brent. Thanks for joining in the conversation. It was nice meeting you at the Little White House tour and seeing your beautiful Taycan 4S. Glad to see that you hold the Peachstate PCA in such high regard. Look forward to seeing you agin at an upcoming event.

Charley

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Back to the topic of the original post, the problem with Georgia is that you have to choose between custom vanity plates OR the Alternative Fuel Vehicle plate. Ultimately, I chose the AFV plate, which will still indicate to other drivers that the Taycan isn't just another ICE car, and also allows me the perks of the AFV plate, especially access to the HOV lanes even when solo.

Brent
While we also opted for the AFV plate, we were really tempted by this one.

Porsche Taycan Show Us Your Prestige License Plates 1627390399755

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Porsche Taycan Show Us Your Prestige License Plates IMG_3049

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
While we also opted for the AFV plate, we were really tempted by this one.

1627390399755.png
My daughter's sweet hound-x mutt's name is Joule (with sarcastic innuendo, because she is quiet and calm, with a distinctly unenergetic aura). Since our daughter and her husband, both engineering post-graduates and two-year-old parents, are active young professionals, we often dog-sit with Joule. She hangs out at our house, accompanies us on many hikes, and loves going anywhere with us on our errands or travels. I have the back seat of my Taycan Turbo set up with a "hammock" type back seat cover that also lines the backs of the front seats and the panels of the rear doors, so it works nicely to preserve the whole interior and keeps it mostly free of shed hair.

Joule is a popular animal (many people ask us if they can adopt her), and when someone asks for her name, they naturally interpret the phonetics as "Jewel". In some appropriate (i.e., nerdy) cases, we explain the name's double entendre.

So for me, your imagined plate choice gives a great visual that certainly resonates.

As a Taycan owner who proudly opted for the "electric" badges on mine, I can understand a motivation to go with the AFV plate. Unfortunately, the New Mexico MVD doesn't offer an AFV plate yet. I should lobby for one like you apparently have in Georgia.

How did you generate that image of the plate combined with the configurator image? Photoshop expert, maybe?

Anyway, hope you have many wonderful times with your Taycan AFV!

Last edited:

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
My daughter's sweet hound-x mutt's name is Joule (with sarcastic innuendo, because she is quiet and calm, with a distinctly unenergetic aura). Since our daughter and her husband, both engineering post-graduates and two-year-old parents, are active young professionals, we often dog-sit with Joule. She hangs out at our house, accompanies us on many hikes, and loves going anywhere with us on our errands or travels. I have the back seat of my Taycan Turbo set up with a "hammock" type back seat cover that also lines the backs of the front seats and the panels of the rear doors, so it works nicely to preserve the whole interior and keeps it mostly free of shed hair.

Joule is a popular animal (many people ask us if they can adopt her), and when someone asks for her name, they naturally interpret the phonetics as "Jewel". In some appropriate (i.e., nerdy) cases, we explain the name's double entendre.

So for me, your imagined plate choice gives a great visual that certainly resonates.

As a Taycan owner who proudly opted for the "electric" badges on mine, I can understand a motivation to go with the AFV plate. Unfortunately, the New Mexico MVD doesn't offer an AFV plate yet. I should lobby for one like you apparently have in Georgia.

How did you generate that image of the plate combined with the configurator image? Photoshop expert, maybe?

Anyway, hope you have many wonderful times with your Taycan AFV!

Photoshop. :)

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Show Us Your Prestige License Plates IMG_3690

Here is mine. I would have preferred 0101010 because of its symmetry but MN requires at least one letter and they treat 0 and O and 1 and l the same. This is binary for 42 which is a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
IMG_3690.jpg

Here is mine. I would have preferred 0101010 because of its symmetry but MN requires at least one letter and they treat 0 and O and 1 and l the same. This is binary for 42 which is a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference.
Meaning of life. Fitting for the Taycan and the joy it brings. Well played, sir, well played.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Nowhere near as inventive as you guys and a bit boring perhaps but since it was available I just grabbed it :) Has a CF background (white outer edge painted black in my modified render).

Porsche Taycan Show Us Your Prestige License Plates plate

Last edited:

JazyK

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SL550, C250, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here are my plates, which reflect my sincere belief that (given my background) this Taycan is a special gift from above. (Google Psalm 37:4)
Porsche Taycan Show Us Your Prestige License Plates IMG_9308

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Can't remember if I posted mine already, but here's my 4S out in the wild.

Porsche Taycan Show Us Your Prestige License Plates L1006101

"ZIPNZAP" refers to, well, um ... yes officer I was obeying the speed limit. And the 'ZAP' part is the charging. Or the electric jolt you get from Launch Control. :)

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Your Cherry looks so much more radiant! I guess you've got a knack for hitting the right lighting!

Mine as a software developer.

If you're a layman it means Non-Stop Coder.
If you're an iOS or Mac developer, you'll get it.

Porsche Taycan Show Us Your Prestige License Plates IMG_0306

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Your Cherry looks so much more radiant! I guess you've got a knack for hitting the right lighting!

Mine as a software developer.

If you're a layman it means Non-Stop Coder.
If you're an iOS or Mac developer, you'll get it.

IMG_0306.jpeg
I have a Fuji digital camera that seems to really pick up the beautiful metallic red of the Taycan, my other cameras don't capture it quite as well. I think the Cherry Red is one of the most beautiful colours on these cars! But then again I'm biased. :)